The morning

From the top to the bottom
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The raging thunder woke me up early in the morning. I could hear mom and dad talking downstairs. They were talking about me.
    ”She hasn't been in school lately”, I could hear mom saying. Her voice was quiet and cautious. Like she would've been worried that I might hear, which I actually did.
    ”What? What about her grades? Is she failing?” dad asked. He sounded a little mad. I felt immediately bad for ditching school. School was my only responsibility, and I managed to ruin it.
    Suddenly a strong arm was wrapped around me and I almost jumped out of the bed. Jiho's deep sigh against my neck made my whole body tremble. Then I remembered everything. A wide smile slowly crept on my lips as I remembered last night. Jiho snuggled closer to me and his body moved slowly as he breathed calmly in and out. I carefully turned around so that I was facing Jiho's sleeping face. He looked absolutely adorable. His blonde hair was a mess and his lips were a bit swollen. Especially his lower lip. I couldn't help but to lean closer to him and kiss him. I wanted to feel that ridiculously huge lip between my lips. Jiho shivered but didn't wake up. Oh yeah right, he was a heavy sleeper. I gently unwrapped myself from Jiho's embrace and got up. For a second I had to just stare at him sleeping in my bed. I was probably smiling like an idiot.
    Then I heard footsteps. Someone was coming upstairs. I had two options. One: I would wake Jiho up and he would hide somewhere. Two: I would stop whoever was coming upstairs. Of course there was the third option which would happen if I took too long deciding which option to choose, but that didn't feel like a good idea. So I stormed out of my room and bumped into mom. She had a small grin on her face. ”Oh you're up early?”
    ”Yeah”, I sighed. ”Stomach cramps. I think it's that time of the month.” My stomach did actually hurt, but I was pretty sure Jiho was the reason to it. Even thinking about him sleeping in my bed gave me chills.
    ”You sure?” mom asked and glanced behind me. I had closed the door after getting out of my room, so she couldn't see what was going on there.
    ”Yeah! Are you going to work already? Isn't it pretty early?” I asked changing the subject.
    ”It sure is. I agreed to go early so it's fine. We're having a meeting with this advertising campaign”, mom explained. She seemed to let me get out of the situation. I sighed out of relief.
    ”And dad's already going. He's going downtown for two days.”
    ”But he just got home!”
    ”I know”, mom mumbled. She was clearly upset about it. ”But it's neccessary-”
    A loud thump cut off our little chat. Mom stared at me and I stared at her, terrified of what would happen next.
    ”What was that?” she asked slowly, making every word jump to my face. I bit my lip and hesitated. I couldn't tell her. My lips were sealed. Mom gave me a warning look. She had never let any of my previous guy friends stay over, so she would flip completely if she walked in to my room and saw shirtless Jiho sleeping in my bed. That would've been the end of me.
    Mom pushed me aside and opened the door that lead to my room.
    I froze.
    She was quiet for a long time. I didn't have the courage to turn around and face her. Seconds passed. Then mom came out and shrugged. ”Maybe a bird crashed into the wall or something.”
    ”I-it happens”, I stuttered out. Mom just smiled and snorted.
    ”Apparently”, she chuckled. Then she headed back downstairs. ”And oh-” she turned around and flashed me a smile. ”Happy birthday honey!”
    ”Thanks mom.” I smiled back at her and walked backwards towards the door. When mom was gone, I rushed back to my room.
    ”Jiho?”
    A hand grabbed me into a closet. Seemed like Jiho was the champion in hide and seek games. ”It's pretty cozy in here”, he whispered to my ear. Chills ran down my spine all the way to my fingertips. I co

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter