No more space

From the top to the bottom
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I woke up to a horrible headache and a rumbling sound that came from my stomach. ”Ugh”, I sighed immediately. I could feel the vomit in my throat, wanting to come out.

   ”Oh god...” I whined and opened my eyes a little. It wasn't sunny outside. On the contrary, the window was full of small drops of water and I could even hear the sound of the rain against the roof. I sighed again. Thank god it wasn't sunny.

   I managed to sit up on the bed I had been sleeping. The room was completely strange to me. I had never been there before. All the walls were white and light grey, and one of them was covered with a huge picture of black and white New York city. After few minutes of looking around, I dragged myself up and started walking towards the bathroom's door. My mind was blank, once again. I had no vision of what had happened last night after Minho and Jiho had performed on the rap battle. That was where everything went dark and I couldn't remember how I even got here, wherever I was.

   I opened the door and quickly ran to the toilet. Afer throwing up everything I had in my stomach, I stripped my clothes off, grabbed a towel and jumped in the shower. The hot water relaxed my muscles and washed all the signs of hangover away. Then I quickly dried myself and walked back into the room with just a towel wrapped around me. When I opened another door, I immediately knew where I was. It was a walk-in closet. I was in Jiho's room.

   ”Where the hell does he get all the money to buy these...” I mumbled while going through his clothes. They were all some kind of brand clothings. From t-shirts to socks, everything was brand. After a while of searching, I found a pair of shorts and an ugly baggy t-shirt and decided to wear them, since my own clothes were covered in puke. On top of the shirt, I grabbed an old black hoodie.

 

”Look who's up!” Taewoon said loudly when he saw me walking down the stairs. ”What's up party animal?” He was sitting on a couch in the livingroom, watching TV and playing with his phone.

   ”What time is it?” I asked ignoring his question. My head was hurting so much I barely heard what he had said.

   ”I don't know, like three or something”, he said. ”Jiho's out. He got a call from some kind of recording studio, from a chick called Hyuna or something... She wanted to collaborate with him.”

   ”For real?”

   ”Yeah! I heard she's a big name in the rap circles”, Taewoon said and looked at me. ”Are you feeling alright?”

   I chuckled and walked next to him on the sofa. ”Ahhh... hangover. That's all.”

   Taewoon chuckled as well and handed me the remoter. ”Last time I saw you, you were singing about lambs and goats.”

   My mouth dropped open. ”What? I though I passed out?”

   ”Nooo, you kept going” he laughed. ”My friend Yukwon and his girlfriend found you sitting on the floor in your own puke.”

   The cat guy... I remembered him and the girl. ”But after that! When I passed out!”

   ”Well I don't know about that. Jiho drove you here when you started to sing about lambs and-”

   ”I didn't sing about anything! I passed out when the girl found me!” I was starting to feel uncomfortable. What else had I done without knowing? Taewoon just smiled and shook his head slightly. ”No, you just can't remember it. Let me think... I found you and Jiho from the toilets, you probably needed to throw up or something... Then we went to this staff room and you lied on the table and played with a straw for about ten minutes or so, then Minho came and he and Jiho had some kind of argue, don't worry it's completely normal after a rap battle! Then Jiho and Minho left somewhere and I needed to go to the club, so I told Zach to look after you, he's a bartender don't worry he's a great guy. And then... I came back? No, Jiho came there before me, then I came and you wanted to drink more. And then you started to sing and you wanted to attend to the battle! Oh boy Miranda you were hella funny!”

   I just stared at the TV remoter and surfed through all the channels.

   ”Then Jiho drove you home. You would've probably climbed on the stage...”

   ”Enough, why didn't you kick me out earlier? Why did you have to let me embarrass myself?” I didn't like this at all. It wasn't just some high school party where it's okay to get drugged and do weird , it was a club where adults go to have fun and listen music. I stood up and shook my head. ”You should've kicked me out...”

   ”I'm sorry Miranda, I had to take care of everything and run the club. I couldn't leave”, Taewoon said and straightened his back a little.

   ”What about Jiho?”

   Taewoon stared right into my eyes and I stared right back. Then he snorted and looked away. ”I don't know.”

   ”Right.” I walked out of the livingroom. Stupid Jiho. Stupid Minho. He had said that he wanted to get drunk with me, but what did he do? He left me alone in the club and I got drugged. Thank god nothing worse had happened. I walked my way in the kitchen and grabbed two apples. Then I walked back to the livingroom where Taewoon was still sitting, biting his fingernails. ”Here.” I threw the apple and he caught it.

   ”Aren't you mad at me?”

   ”No”, I chuckled. ”You're not responsible of me. Neither is Jiho. I'm sorry if I act rude. It's just... my head hurts and-”

   ”Don't worry about it!” Taewoon said and smiled widely. ”Just mock me all you want. It's no big deal.”

   I couldn't help but laugh at him. Taewoon was born to be a big brother.

 

We watched a few movies (the first two Hungergames movies) and made a fruit salad. After eating and finishing the movies, I stood up from the couch and took a deep breath. ”I think I have to go home now.”

   Taewoon stretched his arms and yawned. ”You sure?”

   ”Yeah... I need to talk with my mom and dad. I can't just hide here and run away from this.”

   ”Right”, he said and turned off the TV. ”Jiho told me about your mom... ”

   ”He did?”

   ”Yeah”, Taewoon said and stood up. ”I'm really sorry...”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter