L.Joe

I fell in love with my brother [DISCONTINUED]

 

When you got out of the room, you found your best friend standing at the hallway, his red hair very obvious even throughout the sea of busy people.

‘Hey L.Joe’ you said, smiling even though you were crushed inside.

L.Joe smiled back and went over to you. He cupped your face and frowned ‘~~~~~-yah… Don’t use that tone with me, I’ve known you long enough to know when you’re sad.’

You bit your lip and avoided eye contact with him. Instead, you looked down at your fingers and twined them together.

L.Joe had been your best friend ever since the two of you were little. The both of you grew up together and your friendship with him got stronger each other. He was there for you when your dad passed away 10 years ago. He had his small arm around you and told you that it was going to be okay. He had pinky promised to be there for you even through thick or thin.

Little L.Joe grew up to be one of the wildest guys in school campus. He was a tad bit rebellious and stubborn. But even though he could be such a sore in the sometimes, he still kept to the promise he made with you. He knew all your secrets and habits and could read you like an open book. He also knew how badly your mum treated you after your dad died because you had spilled out all your miseries at him like a diary. This L.Joe was the person who had wiped your tears away and said in his husky voice ‘Everything will turn for the better. Just be patient’

L.Joe held your chin up to make you face him. He swiped his thumb on your eyelids, wiping your forming tears away. ‘Did she hurt you again?’ he asked.

‘With her words…’ you said quietly.

His hand dropped from your face to your hands. L.Joe looked at you for a while then gave you a reassuring pat. ‘At least now you’ll have a dad’

You slowly nodded. ‘Yeah… But I’m afraid if he’s abusive too…’

L.Joe smiled and shook his head. ‘My dad’s business partners with him. I’ve talked to him before and he’s not that bad’ he said ‘He lost his wife in a car accident and he has a son. His son is a bit cold around people he’s not familiar with but he’ll open up to you more when you get to know him’

‘So I’ll have a brother now?’ you said, immediately brightening up.

He chuckled at your sudden mood change and nodded ‘Yes. You’ve always wanted that right?’

You squealed and hugged him. He was stiff and surprised at first but wrapped his arms around you as you bumped your head on his chest. ‘Things are really turning out for the better’ you whispered into his chest.

L.Joe smiled and rested his chin on your head, your back softly. ‘Yes it is. See, all you had to do was wait’

You giggled as he poked your sides and squirmed away. ‘Come on, let’s see the aisle’ you said, taking his hand.

He smirked ‘Why? You want me to check out the place for our wedding later?’

You rolled your eyes and smacked his arm. ‘No~ I just want to see what it’ll look like. I haven’t been to a lot of weddings so I don’t know what it looks like’

‘Don’t worry dear~ Maybe soon you’ll get to experience one with me~’

‘L.JOE!’

L.Joe laughed ‘Sorry ~~~~~! But teasing you is just so fun~’

You glared at him as he grinned and led him to the aisle.



 

L.Joe watched you admiring the arch in the middle. It had purple flowers sprouting from green vines wrapped around it. He smiled as you talked to the wedding receptionist.

Truthfully, he had this huge crush on you ever since he saw you in a beautiful white dress during senior prom. He just couldn’t bring himself to confess to you because he was afraid that it would affect your friendship.

L.Joe saw Kim Minsoo’s son standing at the back of the room with his hands in his pockets and looking at your direction.

‘Am I seeing what I think I’m seeing?’ L.Joe said as he walked over to him ‘Hey you, bad guy. You said you were going to skip this thing’

The said ‘bad guy’ gave one of his rare smirks to L.Joe. ‘Nah I changed my mind at the last minute. Just figured maybe I should finally give to what’s happening’

When you turned around, you saw L.Joe talking to your mysterious savior. You gasped as you suddenly remembered L.Joe telling you about Kim Minsoo’s son. Was your mysterious savior going to be part of your family?