Date

Not The Only One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(A/N: Helloooo, my lovely subbies! It's been so long since I last updated but pretty pretty please bear with me! School is the largest barrier to me when it comes to all my interests and hobbies ugggghhhh. But I just want you all to know that I appreciate each and every one of you guys for being so patient. Thank you and enjoy! :D)

 

E U N H E E (3 years ago, 2011)

"Do you remember when we were like them?" I muttered to him as my eyes wandered over to the couple sitting in the table adjacent from us.

Just the twinkle in their eyes, the excitement of spending time with each other, and the thrill of late night dates. We were like them.

"Huh? What nonsense are you spewing this time?" he laughed halfheartedly before switching his eyes over to Han and Sehun. 

 

It was a double date and an awkward one at that.

As Han and Sehun were as cute as ever, here we were silent and unaware of what to do. We both stared at our food uninterested, picking at it uselessly with our forks and spoons. Or in my case, my chopsticks which I bring wherever I go. 

I couldn't even look at him. It was like meeting a stranger.

Like meeting my own husband was out of the ordinary.

"Jongin. Jongin. Jongin," I call out but he does not respond.

"Jongin," Han says as she instantly catches his attention by tugging on his sleeve nonchalantly.

Immediately, the air around me suddenly becomes extremely chilly. On impulse, my hands run up and down my arms but my pace slows down. 

Goosebumps.

 

(2 years ago, 2009)

"Hi there. I'm Surin. You're Kim Jongin, right? Can you please tell me where--" the new student, Surin, asked.

"Don't call me that!" he growled back at her.

"I'm-I'm s-s-sorry if I upset you! Plea--"

"Whoa there, tiger. Calm down. It's okay," I assure him as I think to myself about coming in at the right time. Perfect timing.

Flashing Surin a quick smile, I tell her, "Cha Eunhee. Nice to meet you and don't worry about him."

She nods and scurries over to the person sitting behind Jongin's seat for directions. Following this, I hold onto his hand and bring him into the hallways. 

"Jongin-ah, I know you can get a wee-bit rowdy when people call you by your first name but come on, she was new and she didn't know. Plus, she seems nice and I doubt she meant any harm."

"Yeah, I know but that name brings back such

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter