Memories

Not The Only One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Gone - Jin

 

 

E U N Y O U N G 

It's December 8, 1996. My baby, Eunhee is four years old today and I couldn't be happier.

I would've been even happier if her father was here but I guess hanging out with the boys was more important.

 

Drinking. Partying. Coming home late.

These are the things men would stop when they entered the world of fatherhood but Cha Hakyeon is an exception.

 

     It's 2:00 in the morning and yet the cake I set down four houras ago is still untouched and Eunhee's head is rested on my lap, her body curling up on the other side of the couch.

     "Where is he?" I anxiously ask.

     I have to stay patient and calm or else our relationship will crumble even more than it already has. I nervously the ring on my finger, smiling at the good memories we've had. 

     Yet I sighed.

     "Where could he be?" 

     My overthinking was interrupted when the angel sleeping next to me awoke and told me, "Mommy, please go to sleep. Daddy will come home soon."

     I gently caress her face as I give in and say, "You're right. I should stop worrying and get some rest."

     She nodded her head vigorously and a small giggle left my lips and with Eunhee's hand intertwined with mine, I made my way over to the table and grabbed the box of chocolate ice cream cake. I stuff it in the fridge, trying to place it somewhere vacant and unoccupied.

     "Mommy! I want some! I want some!" she shouts excitedly but I silence her.

     "Eunhee-ah, sorry but don't you think it's a better idea to eat it with Daddy when he comes home?" I ask, biting my lip, hoping she'd agree.

     "I don't think he'll want to come anyway," she huffs out.

     "I promise you, Eunhee. We''l eat it tomorrow but as a f-f-family," my lip quivers and soon enough, my legs numbed out. I fell to the ground while Eunhee, my little angel knelt down beside me.

     "Mommy, I didn't mean to make you upset. I can wait."

     I only cry harder

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter