Family

Not The Only One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I Hate You - Urban Zakapa

 

 

E U N H E E

 

     Perhaps it was fate for me.

     For my parents to leave each other, for my mother to leave me, for Jongin to leave me and for me to leave him.

 

     It's been quite a while since my parents, Joo Eunyoung and Cha Hakyeon, talked to each other but ever since their exchange of arguments and huffs of frustration that day, my mother never physically met up with him and instead sent us me mail, each envelope with a wax seal adhered to its flap. Each colorful and bright envelope was so carefully prepared because she made them herself out of pages of comic books cropped and woven together yet they didn't look sloppy or unprofessional. They looked beautiful and always made me smile, which will always be my mother's #1 specialty.

     Another thing about my mom was that she was never the type to start a fight but that night she did.

"Mom, Dad! Stop it please," I whispered as I stayed hidden behind the door, hands clamped over my ears.

"This is all your fault!" my mother cried out as she pointed her finger at my dad.

"I thought we had gotten over this a long time ago!" he screamed while vigorously shoving all our photos off the table. "I thought you trusted me!"

All the photos we had taken together as a family were lying on the floor along with broken glass and 

"Think this over before I show you the messages you had been sending her!"

"This is exactly why history is repeating itself. You never seem to change. You're too watchful," he scoffed.

"Protective," my mother corrected.

"Too bothersome."

"Helpful."

"Too much nagging."

"It's to steer you into the right direction."

"You're boring and dull. Can you find another word for that?"

"..."

"..."

"I'm not," my mother mumbled as she began weeping and brushing her hands agaist the stream of tears.

"Yes you are, Eunyoung. And I would have left you if it weren't for that thing we produced," he snapped with gritted teeth and flesh grinding in between. "Our lives are ruined because of her."

"My daughter is not a thing," my mother softly said. "I only have her. Everything I've done has been an embarrassment except for her. She is the most beautiful person I have ever laid my eyes on."

"What do you want from me?" he asked, now looking at his feet, still balling his fists.

"What do you want from me?" my mom asked him and I was hoping that he would answer. "I'm going to ask

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter