Apology

In The Hands Of Fate

January 26th, 2014

 

Jongin knees dropped on to the hard hospital floor. His head drooped from his neck and his overflowing tears were quickly starting to form small puddles on the pale tiled floors. He was experiencing a paroxysm of emotions. Jongin wanted to expressed his emotions verbally as well, but he was at a sudden lost for the correct words to explain his state of mind. He was baffled by the unexpected news and was still trying to comprehend reality. All he could utter out was repetitions of “Really?” and “Seriously?” 

 Kyungsoo had tried multiple times to soothe the younger male's crying with words like “Yes Jongin, I'm not lying. I might be able to walk again.” 

But there were no signs of the tears stopping anytime soon, and Kyungsoo didn't mind Jongin's sobbing anymore. In fact, he was starting to enjoy seeing a vulnerable Jongin without any fake facądes.

As unforeseen as the first phone call from the hospital a year ago, Jongin received another one this morning. But things were different this time around. This news had brought him gratefulness, relief, but most importantly, happiness, something Jongin haven't experienced in a while. According to the doctor, Kyungsoo had faced a sudden attack of spasms from the waist down during midnight. The doctors were all shocked and believed it was an infection of some sort agitating in Kyungsoo’s legs. But thank God that wasn’t the case. After the muscle spasms had finally ceased, Kyungsoo was miraculously able to slowly wiggle his toes again. 

"If his condition remains stable and continues to improve, Kyungsoo will be able to begin therapy for his legs soon.” Dr. Song had announced to Jongin and Kyungsoo's family. This was the best news Jongin have gotten all year. He felt like he would finally be able to reconcile and patch up the misunderstandings with Kyungsoo. 

 

February 1st, 2014

 

Baekhyun bit his lip.

"Here...you must be cold. It has the little  marshmallows you like."

He takes the cup from Chanyeol.

"Thank you Yeol. I bet I'm a nuisance for you and yet you always have my back. If I were you, I wouldn't want to deal with someone like me. I'm not good for you but it seems like you don't care." 

Chanyeol sighs and sits next to Baekhyun in the couch. It was well past midnight, but Baekhyun was here now and Chanyeol has to try fixing things now. He couldn't let this valuable opportunity go to waste.

"Baekhyun, listen.."

The brunette drinks his hot chocolate but keeps his eyes on Chanyeol. 

"You know why I stay despite everything. You know why I put up with your actions. But just in case you can't get it through your pretty head, I'll say it. I love you Byun Baekhyun. I've loved you since I first laid eyes on you oh so long ago and I love you now. And I have this aching feeling that tells me that I won't stop loving you anytime soon. So please. Accept me." He takes the cup from Baekhyun and places it in the coffee table. "Please accept my love for you." And he leans in, capturing his lips. He savors the chocolate, and the sweetness that Baekhyun tastes like. "I love you. I won't ever stop telling you." He mumbles. 

 

Baekhyun pulls away. "I-I'll try to set things right. I know I messed up big time but I'll make sure I correct them...and I'll start with us." Baekhyun kisses Chanyeol full on the lips before he pulls away again. "Park Chanyeol, I like you. I've liked you since the day you sat down and sang to me on my birthday. Since you told me my cupcake was good even though I bet it tasted horrible. I liked you since you made sure I never spent a holiday by myself like I always had my whole life. I liked you so long ago that I thought it was impossible. And I don't know. I know I messed up along the way but-" Chanyeol kisses Baekhyun. 

 

"Its okay. We're here, together now. That's all that matters.''

 

February 2nd, 2014

 

"Kyungsoo, are you awake?" an unfamiliar voice asked as he softly tapped on the door. 

Kyungsoo was at first startled by this new yet nostalgic voice but he soon recognized who it was. 

It was Byun Baekhyun.

"Yes, come in." Kyungsoo answered.

Baekhyun came in and took a seat next to to Kyungsoo. He quickly stole a glance at Kyungsoo's expression and knew he wasn't welcomed. His face was filled with confusion but also a small dash of curiosity. But Baekhyun was determined. He was determined to set things right again. Not only for himself, but for Jongin and Kyungsoo as well. 

"Kyungsoo.....please listen to what I have to say." Baekhyun began. 

"You might have already found out about this from Sehun or Jongin, but that night, it was me that ran you over." He continued.

"And it was also my fault for just leaving you there." 

"I am willing to take to take full responsibility for my actions, but can you please forgive me for my cowardness and selfishness...." Baekhyun pleaded.

At this point, Kyungsoo was no longer longer looking at Baekhyun anymore,instead, he was looking down towards his bed sheets. He had indeed knew it was Baekhyun that ran him over, but he never imagine he would come and ask for forgiveness. Kyungsoo was indeed confused with the sudden turn of events, but he was surely not angry at Baekhyun, or anyone else really. Even if the driver was someone else, Kyungsoo never thought he would despise him for running him over and leaving his broken body there. After all, Kyungsoo had knew better than anyone that it was also partially his fault the accident happened in the first place. 

"No, it was also my fault. Let's both let go of the past and live as better people from now on." Kyungsoo carefully answered.

A grin slowly escaped out of Baekhyun's mouth. But he knew not everything was fully fixed yet. 

"Also....about Jongin." Baekhyun carefully started. "Jongin had told me a lot of stories about you before, like how caring and what a great person you are. Although we were together, our relationship was one sided. It was an unrequited love." 

"What's your point?"

"He never fully gave me all of his love, because pieces of his heart still clinged on to you. He never really stopped loving you, I was just a replacement." Baekhyun explained. "Look, I know all of this is my fault, but please forgive Jongin, he really does still love you." 

Baekhyun got up and walked towards the door, but before he exited, he turned around and said his final words: "Please love Jongin a lot, Kyungsoo." 

 

A's/N

WE'RE SO SORRY FOR THE LONG HAITUS BUT SCHOOL D: