Mistakes

In The Hands Of Fate


A'S/N: Here we go!
_______________________________________________________



January 13th, 2013, 11:40PM


It was a night unlike others, it stood important amongst four particular individuals. Specifically naming; Byun Baekhyun, Do Kyungsoo, Kim Jongin, and Park Chanyeol. Although it was almost midnight and was snowing heavily, it didn’t stop the overly eager Kyungsoo from visiting his childhood friend the second it was his 19th birthday. He tightly clutched the tiny square box as he ran across the streets. The formally wrapped box was sheltering a new Rolex stainless steel watch for Jongin as both a birthday and early congratulation present. Jongin was recently accepted to the same college as Kyungsoo and this gave Kyungsoo even more of a reason to meet him that night. As Kyungsoo lifted up his left arm and glanced at his watch, he read 11:45. Not wanting to be a minute late for this special occasion, he speeded up his pace and began running even more vigorously.


Baekhyun held his phone against his ear, the weather nor life itself was on his side. He wiped his tearful eyes, and took the next turn that would eventually lead him to the hospital. Where his father was being attended. He had received a call from his mother telling him that he had to go to the hospital immediately. Baekhyun started to pick up speed, he closed his eyes, trying to not let the drowsiness get the best of him.


January 13th, 2013, 11:59PM

January 13th, 2013, at 11:59PM, this was the time Byun Baekhyun and Do Kyungsoo’s eyes locked for a matter of seconds before they both realized the inevitable. Baekhyun was so distracted from his recent phone call and his lack of sleep that he had not notice the silhouette of a young man running right in front of his silver Volvo xc90. Kyungsoo on the other hand, was all too focused on his watch to even notice the accelerating car coming dangerously close to him as he was running across the street. Acting upon natural instincts, Baekhyun quickly grabbed the steering wheel more tightly than ever knowing that hitting the brakes was not going to be fast enough. He forced his whole body left and prayed the car would immediately turn and possibly not run the young man over. Unfortunately, it was too late to stop the upcoming accident. The head of the car met with the flesh of Kyungsoo, causing him to fall down into the pavement motionless.


At exactly 12:10AM, Jongin received a call. He mumbled a sleepy hello. He was asked if he knew a Do Kyungsoo. Jongin half yawned and half said yes. What he was told next stopped everything, even his breathing. He hung up and put a jacket over his pajamas. Jongin never cried, yet on his birthday, tears were furiously running down his cheeks. Never would he had imagined that his childhood friend, his crush since forever, his first love, his Kyungsoo would be a victim in an accident. It was the last thing to come to mind. And here he was, on his birthday, pacing in a yellow-lit waiting room, waiting for the fate of the person that means the most to him.

 

The clock said 12:40AM, Chanyeol groaned. He dragged himself out of bed and opened the door, the bright hallway light blinded him. He heard soft sobs before two arms pulled him into a hug.
“Chan-Chanyeol!”
“Byun?”
“I ran over a guy Chanyeol! He might die Chanyeol! He looked about our age and he might die because of me Chanyeol. Oh god!” The brunette cried.
"Make me forget Channie."

"What?".

Baekhyun pulled Chanyeol down by the neck of his shirt.  "Make me forgot, just for a while, that my life ."

He tippy toed and pressed his lips against Chanyeol's.

Without much thought, Chanyeol carried Baekhyun to his bed where he made him forget for just one night.

When Baekhyun woke up, his backside was sore and there was an arm around him, keeping him against someones body. He groaned and pouted, not remembering anything. Sitting up, he began pondering on how he'd escape.

"Baekhyunnie, where are you going? Come back to sleep."

He looked at his one night stand, wanting to scream when he saw a sleepy looking Chanyeol.

And everything can pouring in, from the accident to Chanyeol and him...

"I - I'm going to make us breakfast."

"Kay, babe."

Chanyeol was his best friend. This was too much. He got on his feet, just to fall immediately to the ground.

"Baekhyun!" Things got worse as Chanyeol lifted him bridal style and kissed the tip of his nose. "You okay?"

"Yeah."

"I must've left you really sore." He winks, "I'll make us breakfast."

As soon as Chanyeol was out of earshot he began screaming into the pillow.

" . What did I do?!"
 

January 13th 2013, 3AM


"So he just ran away. The guy just left Kyungsoo there. What a heartless bastard." Jongin muttered in a low nasal tone. After receiving the heartbreaking phone call from the hospital, Jongin had rushed there with nothing but Kyungsoo’s safety in mind. It had been a nearly 2 hours since the doctors rushed Kyungsoo’s bloody body into the emergency room. Since then, Jongin had waited frantically for the doctors to come out and assure him, Mrs and Mr.Do that Kyungsoo is alive, is in a stable condition, and will be fine. But so far, there wasn’t any news on Kyungsoo’s condition. Jongin had felt sick and empty ever since he saw the horrid condition of Kyungsoo’s body entering the hospital. His once ever so delicate face was smeared with blood and his half broken body was lying in an awkward position on the stretcher. At first, Jongin was beyond pissed at the that pulled a hit and run on Kyungsoo, but after a while, he just didn’t have the energy to keep feeling irritated anymore. Jongin knew it was impossible to change the past now, everything was now in the hands of fate.          

February 8th, 2013, 7:00AM

“Is there any change in Kyungsoo’s condition?” Jongin asked over the phone. Every week without fail, Jongin would call the doctor in charge of Kyungsoo and ask for his current condition. “I am afraid not Mr.Kim, but don’t be so dejected.” “Although Mr. Do is still in a coma, his condition so far is still stable, so that is something we all should feel grateful for.” comforted the doctor. Jongin knew the doctor was right, it had almost been a month since the tragic accident, and although Kyungsoo couldn’t be by Jongin’s side physically, Jongin knew Kyungsoo would want him to be happy and healthy on his behalf. That was just how Do Kyungsoo was. Being able to feel Kyungsoo’s heartbeat against his hands every time he visited was enough for Jongin as for now. He knew he would be acting selfishly if he asked for anything more.The physical contact between the two had comforted Jongin since the doctor declared Kyungsoo to be in a coma. “Time heals.”, Jongin would repeat to himself multiple times whenever he woke up from a vivid nightmare of seeing Kyungsoo’s bloody body on the ground staying ever so still.