01 - Chapter 1

Claws, Fangs, and Spells
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter I

Present.

 

A loud alarm filled a blue-painted bedroom, purposely waking a tall brunette up. He groaned and threw his alarm away, but it didn’t stop ringing. “Okay, okay, I’m up!” the brunette shouted and sat on the edge of his bed, ruffling his hair. “Seriously, mom, thanks for the super-loud alarm you gave me…” He mumbled, and sleepily glaring the alarm. He took his phone from the night stand and checked it. Couples messages and a missed call from—“Oh, !” he threw his phone on the bed and quickly ran to his bathroom when he realized that the school bell would be rang in 20 minutes. He took a quick shower and dressed immediately, grabbed his bag and threw his cellphone and wallet in it, then thanked his personal maid for the take-away breakfast. “I’m leaving!” he shouted and ran for his life. Getting detention on the first day of the week isn’t Cho Kyuhyun at all.

He glanced at the watch that firmly wrapped around his wrist, the bell has rung 2 minutes and those creepy teachers are waiting in front of the gate, he clicked his tongue on the thought and stopped when he reached the building.

It was true.  The teachers were standing with some students that also had same situation with him. He turned around and went to the side of the building. He looked up, stared at the tall side-gate of his school. He sighed, “It’s this,” his gaze landed on the grounded schoolmate, “or that.” Then, he slung his bag over his shoulder and started climbing. “I really should start paying attention on P.E class…” he grunted, “Or learn from that monkey.” he scoffed.

When he reached the top, he look around before threw his bag on some bush then carefully jumped down. “That was easy.” he smiled to himself and took a glance on the front gate. Slowly, he walked to the nearest window and climbed in.

“Well, well,” he startled when he heard a familiar voice out of nowhere. The janitor room—the room that he entered –was unusually dark. He landed on his feet and looked around, “Turn on the light, Byun Baekhyun.” He said with a stern voice. A chuckle boomed and a smaller figure walked out from the corner. A smirk plastered on his face. “Cho Kyuhyun, The Golden Brain of our school, is late.” Baekhyun leaned on the door, giving the said man a mocking look. “Whoa, I don’t know I’m that famous. Glad this short hoobae know me even tough he often skipping class. Like what he did now,” Kyuhyun smiled smugly, “I wonder what’s the punishment now. Expelled? Whoa, your dad won’t like it at all, Baekhyun-ssi.” Baekhyun’s expression changed, “You won’t dare, hyung.”

“Try me.” Kyuhyun’s smile turned into a smirk. The annoyed younger clicked his tongue, “Fine, fine,” he stepped away from the door, “…just don’t tell him.” He mumbled, make Kyuhyun laughed and casually walked out of the room, leaving his junior alone.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter