02 - Chapter 2

Claws, Fangs, and Spells
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Not proof-read. I post it right after I finish it, so if you find any typos and something, please do tell me. Thank you.

Chapter II

Deep in The Forest

 

“CHO KYUHYUN!”

Kyuhyun snapped his eyes open. He was panting hard. His eyes wide opened and quickly scanned his surrounding. Jungsoo and Zhoumi looked at him worriedly. It was a dream?

“The class…” Kyuhyun turned his attention to Zhoumi, “The class is over, Kyuhyun-ah.” Kyuhyun nodded dumbly, his mind were not focus on what happened with his classmates. It feels so real for a dream… he thought. He quickly grabbed his bag. “Hyung, I-I want—“ did I just stuttering? Kyuhyun shook his head for awhile, “I wanna go to see the nurse… I’ll see you at lunch… I guess.” Without waiting for his hyung’s response, Kyuhyun quickly ran out of the classroom, to the infirmary.

His hands trembling, sweats kept rolling on his back, he felt a big burden on his chest that makes him hard to breathe. What the hell is that… it feels too real, too scary for a dream. The fog, the leaves and branches that brushed his arms and face, the screams, the…pain on his neck. Unconsciously he brought his hand up to his neck.

No, he gulped, it’s not a dream…

He quickly the first turn and fastened his steps to the library. It’s not a dream, he repeated those words in his head, his palm has turn into fist. It must be a past of the broken vow.

Meanwhile, couple shots were heard from a small village down the hill, but none of the villagers ran, like they’ve used to it.

An orange-haired guy sat on the grass of his backyard, trying his newly repaired gun. He brushed off his bangs from his face to make his vision clearer. He started working on his gun again when a pair of familiar fingers pulled some of his hair and tied it. “Thanks, hyung.” He mumbled. The said man sat beside him and took one of his guns. “So, what did you found now?” he asked as he tried Mark23—a semi-automatic hand-gun—in his hand. “SHR 970. I didn’t know dad own this.” Said the orange head without looking away from the sniper in his hand.

After he re-repaired the gun, he laid on his stomach, about to try it. He peeped through the scope, aiming the target a few feet in front of him. When he was about to pull the trigger, a loud voice boomed from the fence. “Donghae hyung!” the orange head growled in frustration when he knew whose voice that calling—no, shouting his name that loud. The older chuckled lightly beside him, “Come on in, Chanyeol-ah!” he shouted. Donghae sat up and ruffled his hair harshly. “Yah,” he yelled at his intruder, “how many times should I tell you to not disturb me when I’m working?!” he ignored his hyung’s mock and focused on glaring the younger. Chanyeol just grinned innocently, “Oh? You’re working? I thought you were practicing, hehe.” He sat on the grass with crossed legs, eyes sparkled and fixed on his two hyungs. Once again Donghae growled and cleaned up his tools. Chanyeol narrowed his eyes to the other, blinked in confusion, “What’s wrong with him, Hankyung hyung?” the eldest chuckled, “Pra-menstruation syndrome.”

“What the hell, hyung?!” Hankyung laughed loudly at his brother’s reaction. “Well,” he wiped the tears away from the corner of his eyes, “he just lack of sleep. Been busy repairing guns that he found on his parent’s house.” He explained, “Ah, so these guns are Donghae hyung’s parent’s?” Chanyeol looked around the storage room that filled with kinds of guns in amusement, “Mostly.” Hankyung followed his gaze, but when his eyes landed on a gun that placed almost hidden, he smiled bitterly when he felt a pang in his chest and his throat started to get dry. His teary eyes and stiff expression didn’t go unnoticed by the youngest. All of the villagers knew the bad past that happened to this village, including him, even tough he didn’t born yet, and he also knew what happened to this siblings.

Chanyeol threw his big body on the older’s, “Hyung, I’m hungry! Did you cook something?” He asked with a huge grin on his face, Hankyung chuckled “I made a fried rice, go eat with Donghae.” Chanyeol shook his head and pulled him by his arm to stand up, “I have to eat with you, since Donghae hyung is in scary mode, I need someone to protect

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter