Chapter 3

School Romance

The night of the party came. Nathan arrived early. Ringing Jonghyun’s doorbell he sighed nervously. Jonghyun opened the door shirtless. His muscles still damp from the shower he just took. Nathan stared for a moment, His mouth dropping at how good his friend looked. Snapping back to reality he held up a couple bottles of soda and chuckled embarrassed.

 

“Sorry I am so early. My mom had a date so she needed to drop me off.” Nathan tried to keep his eyes off his friend.

 

“ Nah don’t worry about it come on in.” Dragging Nathan in Jonghyun smiled at him. “ Let me finished getting dressed, and then we can play games or something.”

 

    Nodding some as he set the sodas down Nate was shocked at how nice Jonghyun’s house was. Actually shocked would be the wrong word. He always felt like Jonghyun lived well. He was amazed at how well it was though. Standing there in awe he didn’t want to just sit down, or make himself feel to at home. Wiping the sweat from his palms onto his pant legs he gulped down some saliva.

 

    “Hey you look like you have never seen a couch before. Sit sit.” Jonghyun pushed Nathan over the back of the couch making him fall onto the cushion.

 

    “Jonghyun be careful don’t ruin the seats roughhousing.” Onew grumbled as he walked out of his room.

 

Jonghyun just scoffed, and ignored him. Sitting next to Nathan he the tv, and then stared into Nathan’s eyes for a second before looking back at the tv. Changing the channel a couple of times he found a good music channel. He nudged Nathan’s shoulder wondering if this was okay? Nathan just nodded because he was fine doing whatever Jonghyun wanted.

 

    “Hey I invited that Hyosung chick you like. Well her and her friends.” He chuckled and nudged Nate playfully.

 

    “You didn’t have to.” Nathan blushed. “You should only invite the people you want to be here.”

 

    Jonghyun Guffawed at how shy Nathan was being right now. “Keep acting like that, and I might get the wrong signals.”

 

    Time went on as the two jammed out, and messed with Onew some. Finally people showed up and the party started. Everyone was having fun. It started to get crazy. Hyosung, and her group of friends showed up. Going over to say hi Jonghyun pulled Nathan with him. Greeting the girls, and smiling at Hyosung Nathan blushed. Stepping back some so Jonghyun was closer to the girls than himself he felt relieved for some reason.

 

    “What are you doing go talk to her man!” Jonghyun hassled Nathan.

 

    “No way she is way out of my league, and there is someone else I like now.” Nathan smiled as he looked into Jonghyun’s eyes. Embarrassed they both looked away blushing.

 

    Walking away so that it didn’t get weird Nathan was approached at the punch bowl by Hana. He smiled at her, and offered her a glass. She respectfully declined, and then dragged Nathan to a different room so that the two could. chat privately.

 

    “Please don’t beat me up. You are really intimidating for some reason.” Nathan whined.

 

    “Shut up I wasn’t going to beat you up. I wanted to give you this.” Hana handed nathan a box that was wrapped. “It’s a thank you present for helping Hyosung out. I know it didn’t work out for you very well, but she has changed for the better, and I really really thank you for that.”

 

    “It was nothing.” Nathan smiled at her. “In the end things worked out for me too, but being in the hospital did .”

 

    The two chuckled for a minute before Hana blushed, and walked away. Nathan was super confused now. Walking back out Jonghyun grabbed him by the ear, and pulled him right back into the room. Rubbing his ear confused he looked at Jonghyun.

 

    “So you hooking up with her now instead of Hyo?” Jonghyun teased.

 

    “No you idiot. She just wanted to thank me and give me a present.” He held up the small box as proof.

 

    “Oh snap what is in it do you know?” Jonghyun grabbed the box and shook it.

 

    “I have no idea lets open it, and see.” Nathan took it back, and began to unwrap it.

 

    Inside the small box was a note, and underneath it two tickets to see a movie. Nathan read the note and blushed some. Hana asked Nathan to go on a date with her to the movies. She even picked a movie she thought he would like. Nathan looked at Jonghyun nervously.

 

    “What if it is a trap and when I go there is gonna be a group of people that pour pigs blood on me.” Nathan whimpered.

 

    “We don’t live in a horror movie, and you aren’t Carrie so you will be fine. you have to go.” Jonghyun persuaded.

 

    Nathan nodded softly. “Okay I will go. She seems nice, and she already bought the tickets.”

 

    Slapping Nathan’s shoulder Jonghyun went back out to the party. several seconds later so did Nathan. The night really started to get turnt after someone spiked the punch bowl. Nathan out. Waking up the next morning he didn’t remember much about the night after looking at the movie tickets.

 

    Rubbing his eyes, and sitting up Nate looked around. He was in a bed with someone under the sheets next to him. Not only was someone next to him he felt a strange chill. Scooting to the free side of the bed he stood up. Only to find himself in his birthday suit. Getting back in the bed he covered up.

 

“What is all the fuss about?” Jonghyun spoke out tiredly as he was the one in bed next to Nathan.

Screaming loudly both of them stared at each other. Neither one remember the night at all. what could have happened? Did they do it? Nathan laughed some, and shook his head.

    “My first party, and I got so drunk I did it with my best friend great.”

 

    “Alright wait we don’t know that for sure okay.” Jonghyun reassured. “Lets sleep a little longer, and retrace our night later.”

 

    Nathan crawled out of bed, put his clothes on, and then exited the room. Walking into the living room he noticed a bunch of others asleep on the couch and the floor. Hana was the only other one awake. Hearing her steps Nathan followed them into the Kitchen.

 

    “Morning.” Hana glistened as if she was an angel of perfection from the moment she wakes up to the moment she sleeps.

 

    “Morning.” Nathan replied back.

 

    “So did you open my gift?” Hana fidgeted some.

 

    “Yes I did, and yes I would love to go to the movies.” Nathan looked delighted.

 

    Hana smiled, and then walked back to the couch. Sighing softly Nathan looked ill. He was super nervous already this morning. How is the rest of this day going to turn out? This kind of stress is something he never expected. His life was not this fun until he got his kicked. How is the rest of today going to turn out? Nathan is just going to have to wait for Jonghyun to wake up for the answer to that.