School Romance

School Romance

The sun rose, and the aroma of roasted coffee resonated through the house of our main character. He was a highschool senior. He wasn’t the top in his class, but he wasn’t failing. Our protagonist was extremely shy, and he didn’t any friends. He hated this school, but his dad forced him to come. He started late as a junior, and just never clicked with anyone around him. The school is full of richer preppier kids, but our character is just average. How did he get in then if he is a common person? Well his dad is friends with the dean, and working as a janitor so he made a deal to get his son in. The richer kids have always bullied him, and it hasn’t really stopped, but one day towards the end of junior year one of the most beautiful girls in the whole school defended him. Once they returned for senior year he always admired her from afar during lunch, and they even had class together, but he was to afraid to talk to her. Hyoseong was popular, and she had her group of friends she would talk to. Our hero could make out what they said sometimes as She sat a desk ahead of him.

 

   “ So Hyoseong are you going out with us tonight?” Hana asked. “We want you to come get some cute clothes with us.”

  “I don’t know I really need to study tonight girls.” Hyoseong answered sweetly.

 

  “Why?” Jieun pouted softly. “You have the top scores in the class.”

 

  “Yea Hyoseong. You are one of the top student’s in the school just come out with us tonight.” Sunhwa pleaded.

The teacher entered the room with a fresh batch of graded tests. He didn’t look to happy as he walked up, and down the rows giving students their test scores back. After handing all the tests out he walked up to the chalkboard in the front of the class.

“ Do you kids do this to me on purpose?” Teacher Kim Tae Woo sighed. “You are all bright individuals why aren’t you all trying your hardest?”

 The whole class apologized, and then the teacher left giving the students study time. Our lead character looked down, at his paper, and then hung his head. He failed it again. The school work is getting tougher and tougher for him. He didn’t want to show it to his dad because it might let him down.

 “I think the poor kid failed again.” Hana whispered to the group.

“He has a name Hana don’t call him poor kid that is just rude.” Hyoseong scorned her friend.

 “What is it then smarty pants.” Jieun friend Hyoseong.

  Hyoseong felt a bit disrespectful as she didn’t even know his name either. She remembers the time she helped him, and she has said hi to him a couple of times in the morning. She tried to think about if he ever told her, but no times came to mind. She turned around in her seat, and faced him there eyes meeting for a moment before our character looked away fighting back a blush.

 “Hey, what is your name?” Hyoseong questioned. “I never asked before, and that is rude of me.”

“My name is Nathan, but it’s okay if you just call me Nate.” He smiled softly as he told them his name.

 Nate’s heart was rushing. He felt as if he just dodged a car running a red light, or a bullet, but all that really happened was his crush asked him what his name was. The prettiest girl in the world to him actually talked to him. This shouldn’t make his heart race the way it was, but for an outcast like him this was a big deal. Suddenly another guy grabbed the chair next to him, and pulled it out sitting in it, and leaning in starring Nate down.

 “Hey! Peasant…… Why you talking to my girl eh?” Taecyeon growled as he chewed on a toothpick.  

 “Uhh..N.no I wasn’t she talked to me.” Nathan whimpered some not wanting to get beat up today.

 “knock it off hot head.” A slightly deeper sounding woman’s voice called out. “Hit him, and I hit you.”

 “Tch back off Amber this doesn’t concern you.” Taecyeon barked.

  “ Seriously listen to Amber babe.” Hyoseong stood up, and grabbed Taecyeon’s shoulder. “I talked to him first.

Nathan sighed in relief as Taecyeon got up, and stormed off. His five other friends followed, and so did Hyoseong, and her three friends. Nathan smiled up at Amber, and stood up packing his bag to go to lunch.

 

  “Hey you want to come eat with me, and my friends.” Amber offered graciously.

 “If it isn’t an inconvenience to you, or your group.” Nathan shyly accepted.

 After Nate, and Amber got their lunches they walked to a little field of grass. There were four other girls, and five other guys. Nate felt a little out of his area as Amber kinda dragged him to make sure he didn’t run off.

“ Yo guys this Nate.” Amber declared excitedly. “He is our new friend from today on.”

 “ Hi Nate I am Krystal nice to meet you.” Krystal said charmingly. “Let me introduce everyone else. Theres Victoria, Sulli, Luna, Onew, Key, Minho, Jonghyun, and Taemin.”

 “Nice to meet you all. Thank you for letting me hang out with you.” Nathan said faintly.

 The lunch hour went by fast as Nathan found a group that really seemed to break him out of his lonely shell. In class Jonghyun sat next to him, and they messed around some not really doing class work like they were supposed too. They even got sent out because Jonghyun thought it would be funny to tickle Nathan to make him laugh loud, and disrupt the whole class. Standing outside they just kept laughing because Jonghyun would not stop telling jokes, and even though some of them were really bad Nathan couldn’t help but laugh as hard as possible. Nathan couldn’t help, but think Jonghyun was becoming his best friend.

“Hey! quit fooling around!” Principal Jyp said as he passed by. “ I will expel you both right now.”

 “Sorry sir.” Jonghyun apologized, as him, and Nathan both kept in there laughter.

“Good go back into class, and behave.” The principal ordered as he walked off whispering. “JYP.”

Class continued on as normal, and the two didn’t disrupt again, but they thought about it. After class Nathan stayed behind to finish some work, and to study so that he will do better on the next test. Hyoseong stayed behind too just like she said she was gonna do. Nathan hadn’t even noticed that anyone else other than himself stayed. So he was startled some when Hyoseong called out his name.

 “Ye..yes?” Nathan said startled. “Sorry I didn’t even know anyone else was here.”

 Hyoseong laughed slightly at his reaction before talking to him. “ I saw you at lunch. you looked like you were having fun.”

 “Yea they are a really crazy  group. They are fun though.” Nathan smiled. “You should hang out with us sometime.”

 Nathan realized what he said, and blushed some. “You know… If you want to.” Nathan nervously went back to his studies.


  Hyoseong smiled, and scooted her chair back so that her chair was touching his desk. she then leaned in to listen some more about this group Nathan hangs out with. Nathan blushed as she leaned in, but he talked about how they were his first group of real friends. He didn’t forget to leave out that he thought of her as his first friend since she was the first one at the school to stick up for him, and even say a word to him. Hyoseong smiled as that made her Content with herself. She was a nice person, and she was a lot different from the jerk boyfriend of hers. Nathan couldn’t understand why such a nice girl was with a guy like him. It’s like a movie, or a book. Nathan never expected that it would be like that in real life.

  “I don’t know. I hang out with Taecyeon, and his friends during lunch.” Hyoseong admitted.

 “Would he really get that mad if you didn’t hang out with him for a day?” Nathan questioned.

 Next thing that he knew his chair was pulled out from under him, and he was on the ground. Taecyeon, and his friends standing over him. The other five guys laughed as Taecyeon picked him up, and held him against the wall. Hitting Nathan once in the gut, and then again in the face Taecyeon smirked, and spit his toothpick out.

“Yea kick his boss.” Nichkhun belted.

   “No stop don’t hurt him.” Hyoseong stood up, and tried to help, but the other guys held her back.

 “ Look what we have here. A little punk trying to get my rapunzel to let her hair down for him.” Taecyeon spoke savagely. “I told you to leave my girl alone.”

Hyoseong got free, and ran off out of the room. Heading down the hall she headed to the schools late night student security room. The student security changes there is the day time, and the late night. The late night is only there to help the people who stay during night study. There are two groups of six that are the late night, and the day. The six at night were Tao, Luhan, Lay, Chen, Xiumin, and Kris. They have had to stop a couple people at night, but not really. They got bored easily so when Hyoseong burst in they were ready to go.

“What seems to be the problem Hyoseong?” Xiumin asked worried.

 “Taecyeon, and the others are ganging up on someone.” Hyoseong panted as she was out of breath.

 The group rushed back to the room. Nathan was on the floor his eye swollen already, and blood dripping down from his mouth, and the top of his head. His arm seemed to be broken to. Taecyeon on the other hand didn’t even have a scratch showing that Nate didn’t even try to fight back.

 “Oh my god! What is wrong with you?” Hyoseong cried.

Before Taecyeon, or the others could say anything the night student security's Tao rushed in, and wushu kicked Taecyeon in the face. Suddenly both groups started to just fight each other. The room was small so they seemed to migrate outside rather quickly. Hyoseong rushed to Nathan’s side to make sure he was alive.

 “Oh my god oh my god Nathan.” Hyoseong began to tear up worriedly.

  “Hey.. hey don’t cry I didn’t beat him up to bad.” Nathan chuckled some trying to make the situation, but then he just groaned in pain, and passed out. YOU CAN BE MY MOTHER LOVE

 Hyoseong called called Hana, and asked her to come pick them up. Getting to the hospital Nathan was rushed into the emergency room. Hyoseong was asked to fill out a paper with Nathan’s info, but she was stuck because she still didn’t know as much as she would want about him. She handed it to the nurse and explained that. The nurse said it was okay, and that Nathan could fill it out later.

 “I have one more question for you. Why didn’t you just call an ambulance?” Nurse Daehyun asked

Hyoseong facepalmed as that totally jumped over her head. She was so worried she didn’t even think about an ambulance. Hana laughed some, and patted her as they sat there waiting for the doctor to come out, and confirm that Nate was okay, but time seemed to drag on forever, and ever. Hana had to keep Hyoseong down because Hyoseong just kept getting more worried as time dragged on.  Finally the doctor walked out.

 “Who was here with the High School student known as Nathan.” Doctor Yongguk questioned.

“Us right here!” Hyoseong jumped up out of her seat because she was so nervous, and she needed to know he was okay.

     

    “He had to get his arm put back, and some ribs fixed, also he has some stitches in his head, but he is alive thanks to chief surgeon Zelo.” Yongguk smiled, and showed Hana, and Hyoseong to Nathan’s room.

 Laying there he smiled as he saw Hyoseong. “See told you everything was fine.”

  A week and a half later Nathan returned to school. All of his new friends were happy to see him, and they greeted him with hugs, and homework. While he was away Jonghyun did his homework for him. Man what a great bunch of friends Nathan could ask for. Suddenly out of nowhere he was hugged tight by someone from behind. A soft pair of lips suddenly pressed against his cheek. He looked to his left to see Jonghyun, and was super confused, but he was suddenly pulled into a hug again.

 “He didn’t kiss your cheek. I did.” Hyoseong said with a bright gleam in her eyes as the met with Nathan’s.

    “Wh..what was that for?” Nathan’s eyes grew wide with confusion.

 “Well I was hoping that you and me could get to know each other better. I mean if that is okay with you.” Hyoseong grabbed his chin, and pulled him close kissing him deeply.

    Hyoseong left Taecyeon when Nathan was still in the hospital, and she became friends with his group of friends. They planned a whole welcome back thing for lunch, and he finally felt he found a place where he belonged. After high school Nathan, Hyoseong, and some others went to the same college.