Ch. 2: After The Storm Part 1

Chronicles of The Lost Rose's Brothel

  Mentions of (tis a brothel after all), probably(most defiantly) spelling mistakes and grammar mistakes. I am only human, and even though i speaketh the english, I am bad at it, so please forgive me :3     

 

 

  A Few Days Later

 

It was morning time, and with the storm finally over, life in Qoren resumed. The Lost Roses brothel was opened like always. The sun was high in the sky and had slowly started to dry the dirt path the wound it’s way through the middle and lower class districts.

Of course it wouldn’t be a normal morning if Junhong did complain about going to school.

“ But Baek-”

“ No buts Jun.” Baekhyun told his younger brother, wrestling the boy into his backpack.” You’re going to school and thats final.”

“ I wish it was still storming outside.” Zelo complained to himself as his older brother pushed him out the door, not without a quick kiss to his forehead.

“ Have a good day and learn something!”

Zelo mumbled something back and waved before joining the other kids heading to school. Baekhyun smiled to himself before closing the door and returning to his job. He walked into the main room of the brothel, seeing that there were still a few people missing.

Probably trying to get as much sleep as possible.

“ Morning everyone.”

He got a few grumbles. Krystal and Sulli had made them all a fresh pot of coffee, pouring it into cups and handing them out to everyone. Krystal gave Baekhyun his cup with a smile before going over to Luhan and Key. Eventually, everyone came down to enjoy the caffeine and awesome taste of the bartenders coffee.

“ Good morning everyone!” Jaejoong said cheerfully while everyone else groaned in unison. The owner rolled his eyes.” Anyways, today is going to be very important since we have two of our high scaled clients coming in today.” That got everyone’s attention.” Yes. Chanyeol and Prince Jonghyun are coming today so we have to be on our best behavior.” Key was very much excited at the news, same with Luhan since he was pretty much enthralled with one of Chanyeol’s men.“Especially since the Prince is bringing a cousin with him.”

“ His cousin?” Jessica asked.

“ Yes. And since I'm not to sure on his preference, everyone needs to be ready. Except if you already have an appointment during the time they come.” Key and Luhan let out a breath of relief while some of the others groaned since they wanted to be the one the cousin chose(since Jonghyun only chose Key{everyone wants a piece of royal xD}).” So we need to be prepared and be and look our best. So go get ready!”

Once everyone was gone, Jaejoong handed Baekhyun some papers he wanted the youngers opinion on. Baekhyun removed his glasses from his shirt pocket and placed them on the bridge of his nose so he could read said documents.

“ So Chanyeol is coming, hm?” He didn’t even look up from the paper when he asked the owner this question.

Jaejoong smirked.” Yes he is. Why are you asking? Are you finally going to take up his offer on going out on a date?”

Everyone in the brothel knows that Baekhyun and Chanyeol have some secret past together, and that Baek(no matter how hard he tries to hide it) at least likes the tall loan shark, while the loan shark is completely infatuated with the smaller secretary. There’s a bet going on in this building of when Baekhyun will cave in and accept his proposal.

Baekhyun scrunched up his face.” No. Not even in his dreams.”

“ I’m sure he has dreamt of more than that.”

Baekhyun slammed the papers into his bosses chest and took off his glasses, placing them back into his shirt pocket.” Don’t do business with this one. He’ll take everything you own with this contract.” He then walked off to the stairs, mumbling as he climbed them.

Jae shook his head and looked at the papers in his hand.” So stubborn.” He folded the papers into a square and stuffed them into his back pocket before going over to the two bartenders to discuss what he had planned for today’s events.

 

~~~

 

School was in session so Zelo was out of the wooden building and sitting at his desk, tapping his pencil to a random beat that he had made up. He had so hoped that the storm was still there in the morning(it lasting two days and three nights) so he wouldn’t have to go to class today. But nope. The sun was out and he sky was clear.

It irked him.

“ Now that we have finished that, let go to-” His teacher, Mr. Kim, aka Joonmyun, was interrupted by a knock on his door. Once their teacher saw who it was, he blushed.” I’ll be right outside, don’t to cause any trouble.” Then left.

Zelo sighed while the rest of his class started talking to who ever was next to them. He looked over to the empty seat next to him. His best friend/”Boyfriend” was late as usual, but he had never been this late before. Yongguk was only called his boyfriend because of the kiss that they shared back in kindergarten, and the fact that he, Zelo, hasn’t really denied it probably didn’t help either(plus Guk always said yes to it soooo….). He can’t deny that he would like to be in an actual relationship with him, even if they were only nine.

That’s when the window right behind him opened. Loud panting and shoes scraping against the wall were heard. Everyone turned to see Yongguk’s body fall to the floor with a loud thud. Zelo turned to look at the door to make sure their teacher wasn’t looking through it. He looked back to stare at Yongguk as he slipped into his chair

“ Mr. Kim isn’t stupid you know. He will realise that you just magically appeared.” Zelo told him.” And why couldn’t you have just come in through the front door like a normal person?”

“ Where’s the fun in that?” The other boy was rummaging through his backpack.” But I’m only late… Well, later because i wanted to get you this.” He pulled out this cute little red flower and handed it to the younger.

Zelo blinked before taking the small flower and blushing slightly.” Th-thanks Guk.”

Said boy smiled brighter before pulling out his stuff and placing it on his desk.” So what are we on?”

“ We just finished English so it’s probably going to be math.” Zelo put the flower on his desk.

Yongguk looked at the flower before picking it up and placing it behind his friends ear.” Much better.”

Before Zelo could yell or make any comment, Mr. Kim opened the door and entered with a loopy smile on his face and lilies in his hand. He stood behind his desk and sighed before noticing the one of the windows were open.” Wha-” He looked down to see that Yongguk was in his seat, unlike when he left the room. Joonmyun sighed.” Mr. Bang.” He rubbed the bridge of his nose.

“ Yes Mr. Kim?” he asked, batting his eyes in an innocent fashion.

The teacher sighed again.” Let’s just get back to work now.”

Yongguk smirked and Zelo rolled his eyes.

 

~~~

 

Lay was now walking on the dirt road that led into the lower districts. It wasn’t long ago that he lived in this area. His parents still lived in the middle class district, so he likes to visit them once in a while.

But not today.

Today, he was going to see his boyfriend of five years on their anniversary. He was going to surprise the teacher at his school. He had forgotten the time for recess so he decided to just wing it. He walked over to a flower shop to pick up his lover’s favorite flowers, lilies, before heading over to the school just a couple blocks down.

After stepping into the small building made of concrete floors and light brown walls, Lay said hi to the front office attendant and the school’s Head of Security, before making his way towards the back of the school.

Once he saw the door to the classroom he wanted, he fixed his hair, and knocked on the wooden door, making sure that he was able to see the other through the small glass window.

Once their eyes met, the older teacher blushed and turned to his class before walking towards the door. Yixing backed away from the door as it opened, and out stepped the teacher that he came to see.

“ What are you doing here?” Joonmyun asked the younger after he closed the door, a small smile on his face.

“ What? So I can’t come to see you on our 5th anniversary?” Lay asked, pretending to be hurt.

Joonmyun rolled his eyes at his younger lover.” You know that’s not what I meant.” He leaned forward to kiss him.” I really do appreciate the gesture though.”

“ Good. I brought you flowers.”

“ Lilies! Oh they're beautiful Xing.” Suho exclaimed as he took the bouquet.

“ Only the best for you, my love.”

There was a slight thud from the other side of the door. They both turned towards the door before turning back to each other.

Suho sighed before saying,” I should probably get back in there before my room goes up in flames.”

Yixing nodded in understanding. He didn’t really want to go, but they both had jobs to do and Chanyeol will be expecting him since his hour was almost up.

“ Okay. I’ll see you later tonight then.”

Joonmyun pulled Yixing back before he could get to far away.” We’re doing something tonight too?”

“ Of course we are! What kind of boyfriend would I be if I only gave you flowers on our anniversary? But I’m not telling you what it is before you go and start asking me.” He smirked at the teacher’s whine.

“ But Xing!!”

“ No buts Myun. You’ll just have to wait until later tonight.” Yixing smiled and kissed the teacher." I'll let you go now."

"Okay. I'll see you tonight."

Lay smiled and waved as he walked back down the hallway and out into the street and over to the brothel.

 

~~~

 

Since the storm had finally pass and there was little damage to the farm, crops, animals, fields, their house and themselves, the Lee family began their work early in the morning like usual. The heat wasn't to bad today but they still worked up a sweat.

It was already almost noon when Onew had to stand up straight to stretch out his back from having to bend over to plant next seasons seeds into the already plowed rows. He wiped off the sweat off his forehead with the back of his arm so he wouldn't get dirt on his face from the gloves.

"I'm so glad it's not so hot today." He said before bending back down to continue planting seeds.

"I just want to get this over with so I can go and see Min. I haven't been able to see him since a week before the storm!" Minho whined.

Jinki and their father rolled their eyes at the youngest male. The father for his son’s constant whining and Onew for the fact that he has had to wait longer than a week to see the one he loves.   

"Yeah, poor you." Jinki replied sarcastically.

"By the way, how's Joon doing? You hear anything from him lately?" Their dad asked.

Jinki sighed." The last thing I've heard of him was the letter I got more than six months ago saying that he didn't know when the next time he would be coming was."

His family could tell that Jinki was slowly becoming more and more depressed as he spoke. So the youngest and oldest decided to quickly change the subject and continue what they were doing.

What Onew didn't know was that said prince was already almost to their farm. He could already see the cute little wooden white two story up ahead. But he had to be sneaky. He wanted to surprise Onew so instead of going straight, her turned left and walked over to hide behind the barn.

Slowly he walked around to the side of the barn and peeked around the corner. Glad that they weren't looking in that direction, he ride his horse that he took from his cousins stables into the nearby forest area. He then walked all the way over to the back of the house as quietly and carefully as possible. He unmounted the horse and sighed once he hit the ground, thanking God that he wasn't seen.

"Thank you for being so quiet for me." Joon starts to pet the horse.

The horse neighed and shook his head as a welcome. With one last pat to the horses neck, Joon walked up the steps to the wooden porch and opened the screen door that was letting in air to try to cool the house down(it didn't). He knew that it was going to be unlocked. It was always unlocked during the days when the heat was blazing. He walked into the kitchen to see the kitchen table set for four and the opened entryway into the living room with the stairs off to the side. Light birch cabinets(that matched with the floors) were to his right while on his left he would find the fridge and a doorway to the laundry room right next to it.

And also to his left, he saw Mrs. Lee cutting up vegetables on her wooden countertop. He smiled and carefully made his way over to her, trying not to make noise as he did so.

" I know you're there Changsun." She smiled.

"What?" His shoulders slumped, kinda depressed that she noticed him. He thought he was doing well." How did you know it was me?"

She pointed her knife out the window and said," I saw you ride up."

Joon sighed." I forgot about the window right there."

"You did your best." Mrs. Lee place the knife if the cutting board and wiped her hands on her white and pink polka dotted apron." Now come here and give me a hug." She opened her arms.

He smiled and took her invitation. She squeezed him tightly, letting out a joyful laugh before pulling away and cupping his face with both her small hands

"Why didn't you tell us you were coming?"

"I wanted to surprise you."

"Mhmm. I'm sure it was everyone you were thinking about." Joon blushed." Now let me get a good look at you."

Joon stepped back.

"You look way too thin for being royalty." She told him, finger tapping her chin.

He rolled his eyes." I think im okay on the food front."

Mrs. Lee rolled her eyes.” So how long are you going to be staying?” She walked back over to the cutting board and picked up the knife.

“ Uhhh, two days maybe? I have to be back at the prince’s castle before his birthday celebration.”

She nodded.”So you’re staying for lunch then right?” She asked with a slight smile.

“ Of course! I missed your cooking.”

“ Good.” She lifted the board and walked over to the pot on the stove and slide the veggies into the water.” Can you go and tell the boys that lunch is almost ready?”

Joon nodded.” Of course. This should be fun.” He rubbed his hands together in excitement, ready to go and surprise Onew… and the rest of his family.

“ Why don’t you go and change before going out? Wearing black in this heat….” She looked Joon’s mostly black outfit up and down.

“ Yeah. Probably a good idea.””

So he did just that. He walked up to Jinki’s room and ransacked his clothes. He put on a light grey tank top and some medium grey khaki's. He felt so much cooler now. He hadn’t even realized how hot he was in his black pants and shoes, as well as his dark red shirt and black jacket. He rolled his shoulders before looking around the room. He smiled at the memories that he and Jinki had together in this room.

He then left the room,turned left and walked down the stairs and over to the front door. The painted white wooden door was wide open, with the screen door closed, so it would be easy for Mrs. Lee to yell out to her husband and kids(and the bugs wouldn’t come in). Joon made sure that the three men out on the field weren’t looking his way(well mostly Jinki, but don’t tell him I said that) and snuck out as quietly as he could, barely opening up the screen door so he could slip out, and finally closed it again.

He sighed with relief when the door didn’t make any sound, and turned around to begin his trek to the fields in front of the house. Slowly but surely, he made his way over to the three, staying behind Onew the whole time to make sure he wouldn’t see him. Eventually, Minho and Mr. Lee saw him when he got close enough and smirked. Luckily Jinki was bent down so he couldn’t see his brother and father holding their laughter. But, once Jiki stood up straight, arms wrapped around his waist and he let out an unmanly shriek, dropping the(luckily) empty small bag of seeds.

"I'm so glad I did this."

While Minho and Mr. Lee laughed their butts off, Jinki turned around. His mouth fell open in an unattractive fishy face and it made Joon smirk even more.

"Guess who's back?"

Jinki all but launched himself into the others arms, wrapping arms and legs around Joon. Which in turn caused Joon to wrap his arms around the other(which he is not complaining about by the way).

"God I missed you Joonie!"

"I missed you too Jinki."

Jinki rested his face in the crook of Joon's neck, causing Joon to shiver from Onew's breath on his skin. A cough from behind them brought both back to their senses. Onew climbed down off of Joon  and turned to face his smirking father and brother with a blush on his face.

“ Glad you’re back Joon.” Mr.Lee smiled.

“ Yeah.” Minho agreed.” Now we don’t have to deal with a whiney and mopey Jinki.”

Onew hid his face in his hands as best as he could in his hands. Joon laughed at his best friend.

“ I’m glad to be back too. I’ve missed you all.”

After a  few minutes planting the rest of the seeds and talking. Mrs. Lee called to the four men that it was time to take a break and eat lunch. So they all went into the slightly cooler house and eat the wonderful food the woman of the house had prepared for them.

 

~~~

 

From out on the fields and into the castle, the prince and his cousin were currently sitting on the black velvet couch in his room, watching tv and waiting until a good time for the two of them to sneak off to the brothel. It was around 2:17 in the afternoon when they got their chance.

Kris was flipping through channels on the giant flat screen while Jonghyun was playing Angry Birds on his phone(he would often think that Kris looked like one of the birds thanks to his eyebrows) when one of the maids knocked on the door. Jonghyun yelled for her to come in and asked what she wanted. With her head bowed, she told the two princes that the king was in a meeting so they could make their escape now if they wanted to. With a nod of thanks to his maid, Jonghyun dismissed the woman.

“Well, time to go.”

Kris nodded and turned off the tv with the remote in his hand, and stood up to stretch. They  both changed into something inconspicuous and both left the elder’s room. The servants bowed to them as they both walked by, then continued their work. They didn’t run into the queen at all on their trek to the stables.

With the help form the stable boys, they took the two most ordinary looking horses and rode out through the secret entrance that was near. Once a good distance away from the castle walls, they slowed down to a trot.

“ I already called Jaejoong that we were coming.” Jonghyun said.

“ Okay. So what does that mean?”

“ That means, my dear Kris, that I get my Key and you can pick whoever is free when we get there. For free.” Jonghyun explained.

“ Wait. You’re paying?” Kris asked, very skeptical of his cousin.

“ Yes I’m paying. I’ve already paid in advance for my sessions so you can just take from that.”

Kris gawked at the Prince.” Wow ong. You’re being very generous today.”

“Yes, I know. But don’t expect this from now on. It’s just for your stay here.” Jonghyun pointed his finger at his youngest cousin, knowing full well that Kris would take full advantage of his kindness if he extended it for a longer period of time.

“I still don’t believe that you’re paying for me now, So I think we’re okay.”

 

~~~

 

Chanyeol & Kai we almost to the brothel when Yixing joined them. The eldest had a bounce in his step that he did nothing to hide it from the other two. This caused both of them to roll their eyes at their extremely happy friend.

“ So everything went well? He didn’t break up with you?” Kai Joked.

Lay shook his head.” Not even close.”

“ Well you can go and prepare for tonight, since I know that you won’t be using any of them.” Chanyeol said, pointing the three story wooden building with a giant red rose on the side of it.

Lay nodded.” Yeah. Hopefully, I’ll have my own fun tonight.” That smile turned into a smirk before Yixing departed from his boss and co-worker, heading up the street to the teachers house.

“There he goes.” Kai started to sniff.“Our boy’s gonna get himself laid.” he continued to fake cry until Chanyeol punched his shoulder, laughing.

“ Now how about we go and get ourselves laid, hm?”

Kai hooted in agreement and followed his boss into the establishment. They were greeted by Kangin at the door. he nodded to the regulars and continued to scope the outside for a potential threat. The inside was the same as it usually was, except a lot more cleaner.

And they mean a lot more.

The floors shown and you could almost see yourself in them. Even the brothel workers were all dolled up.

Kai couldn’t take his eyes off of Luhan, seeing his doe like eyes surrounded with black kohl and his hair was in that y messy style, his bright red, almost see through cloak(which seemed there was barely anything underneath) made his skin look whiter. Jongin just wanted to eat him up and that’s exactly what he was going to do.

Chanyeol on the other hand couldn’t take his eyes off a small secretary. He wasn’t wearing his normal glasses and damn that boy could rock the black kohl. Unlike the courtesans and tayus, Baekhyun wor black skin tight jeans, black v neck t-shirt and a black leather jacket he probably borrowed from Jaejoong.

Jongin had long been gone, taken a slightly stunned deer up to his room to have his way with him and Chanyeol walked over to the bar where Baekhyun was talking to Sulli, Krystal, and Heechul. When Sulli looked up to see the tall male walking towards them, she waved.

“Hello Mr. Park. How’s work been lately?” The young girl asked.

“ It’s been well actually. Only a couple of people were late on their payments.” His eyes never left his target.

Baekhyun raised a finely shaped brow and looked him up and down.” May I help you Park?”

“ Yes. I would like to have you for the night.”

“ Not. Happening. Chanyeol.”

“  But Baekkie-”

“ Don’t you ‘Baekkie’ me Park Chanyeol. You lost that privilege long time ago.” He strutted off to go check up on a couple of the lone courtesans, feeling Chanyeol’s eyes on him, particularly on his . He couldn’t help but smirk, knowing that the other still wanted his .

“ What went on between you two?” Krystal asked, her and her sister leaning against their side of the bar.

“ Yeah. Everyone has been wondering.” Heechul joined, his dark blue cloak showing almost everything underneath.

Chanyeol sighed.” Can’t tell you guys. Have to figure it out all on your own.” He smirked as the two girls groaned.

“ Oh come on! Please? Just a little tidbit?” Sulli begged, giving the man her best aegyo.

“ Sorry ladies. Not today.”

Krystal and Sulli both sighed and continued to beg the man. That is until Jessica came back down stairs, saying goodbye to one of her regulars. She strutted over and sat in her usual place at the bar.

“ Hey sis, get anything from him this time?” Krystal asked.

“ Yes!” She proudly moved her hair from her front, moving the thin fabric away to proudly show off her new necklace.” Lord Donghae got this for me as an’ I missed you’ present, since he he was gone for a while.”

Both of her sister’s started at the big, heart shaped blue jewel that was surround by tiny diamonds on a silver chain. The blue jewel matched perfectly with her blue cloak.

“ How’s his wife?” Heechul asked, taking a sip of his water.

“ Well, I would think you would know that perfectly since she is your client.” The Tayu’s both smirked at each other.

Chanyeol raised an eyebrow at the conversation.” Why is a married couple coming to a brothel?”

“ Because neither is ually attracted to the other anymore.” Heechul supplied.” They still love each other though if thats what you’re wondering.” He sipped on the water in front of him.

“ That’s just..”

“ Weird?”

Chanyeol turned towards the voice to see Jade, the youngest courtesan in the brothel, smiling at him. Her long black hair was tied up in a nice looking bun, while her dark green cloak made her white skin whiter and her pale green eyes brighter.

“ Jade! How have you been?”

She shrugged her shoulders.” Same ol’ same ol’. Nothing really changes around here.” The girl looked around the brothel at her friends and co-workers.” But I am free right now so thats awesome.” Jade look back over to Chanyeol and smiled.

“ That’s nice. why are you free though?”

She stood closely to the loan shark (they have been closer) and whispered into his ear(and more intimate as well)” The Prince is coming with his cousin.” She stepped back from the man.“Everyone who isn’t already busy needs to be ready, so he can choose.”

“ And he is totally going to choose me.” Jessica boasted, cause Jade and her sisters to roll their eyes at the woman.

“ And you say that why?” Heechul asked.

“ Well, not to brag,” nothing has stopped her before,” but I am the most experience female here-”

“ And if he likes men?” Heechul asked, brow raised.

“ Then it would probably be you.” She told him.” He probably wants someone whose very experienced in the field of .”

As the two Tayu’s chatted together, Chanyeol turned back to Jade.” So if you don’t get taken by the cousin, you wanna be my partner for today?”

Jade smirked.” That would be perfect.”

~~~

~~~

~~~

 

Hey y'all!!! <3 Sorry that it's taken so long to update. I would say its life, but  have no life, sooooo its just cause i didn't want to write xD So sorry again!!!