Ch. 1: The Beginnings

Chronicles of The Lost Rose's Brothel

Mentions of (tis a brothel after all), probably(most defiantly) spelling mistakes and grammar mistakes. I am only human, and even though i speaketh the english, I am bad at it, so please forgive me :3

 

 

 

 

 

It was actually a very slow day at the brothel called Lost Roses, which was a surprise and a pleasure to the courtesans and Tayus. The sky gave the image of rain, which is why no one was there currently. Only the really dedicated, obsessive, and regular ones seem to have came by, two of which were the male Tayu’s appointments. The three other appointments belonged to Taemin, Key, and the female Tayu named Jessica.

Now you must remember, it was a very slow day for the brothel. And all but two courtesans where down on the first floor, Heechul and Taemin. The whole first floor was booming with laughter, minus three. Jade and Kibum kept staring at the set of polished mahogany wooden stairs, waiting for Taemin, who had one of his rougher clients today. And Baekhyun, the boss’s secretary, was looking at his bech wood clipboard, doing the math for this months tax payment. His black rimmed glasses were perched high up on his nose as the tip of his tongue poked out from behind his lips.

“ He’s almost done, so stop staring.” Baek told the two. He was keeping time with his watch, also worried about the younger man.

Heechul’s client had finally walked down the stairs and out the door, waving and smirking at the others before leaving. Just one more to go, than they can close down for the impending storm.

Kibum turned from the stairs to look at Baekhyun.” How much longer than?”

The secretary turned his eyes from the paper full of numbers, to his raised wrist to see the time it said.” He should be done in 3-5 minutes at most. If he doesn’t come down in ten, I’ll send Kangin up there.”

Said man was sitting at the entryway to the wooden brothel, making small chat with a couple of the courtesans by him. His short brown hair and plain brown eyes said that he was of the working class. But his bright smile said that he had so much more. He had a family waiting for him as far as any of them knew. His wife died during childbirth, granting him a baby girl. And when she was five, he met his future husband and married him three years later.

Throughout many of the kingdoms, homouality was accepted for everyone lower than royalty and nobility. For the royals and the nobles have to carry on their name and lineage. Course it didn’t stop them from having lovers/concubines on the side.

A commotion from up stairs quieted everyone. Down the stairs came tumbling a half dressed man, who seemed to be dizzy as he tried to but his clothes on properly as fast as he could. On the first platform of the stairs stood the owner of the place, Kim Jaejoong, and behind him, a very scared looking Taemin wearing only his red silk robe, and whose face was now decorated with a forming bruise on his left cheek.

“ How dare you?!?! How dare you throw me like that!” The balding man of 50 yelled, finally standing with his expensive clothes put on properly.” Embarrass me like that in front of your many employees while you’re at it!!! I could-”

“ Could what?” Jaejoong walked down the rest of the stairs to stand in front of the man whose face was red from anger.” I could  buy your unsightly shatou 25 times over and run your name through the mud. Your wife would most definitely leave you for fooling around behind her back, taking her money and things with her, leaving you homeless, poor, and just like the beggars in the slums. Now I have told you time and time again that even though this may be a brothel, my employees here are highly educated and I do not like it when my customers are rough with them.”

While Jaejoong was ‘talking’ to the man, Heechul had finally made his way down and was holding a sobbing Taemin to his chest, glaring at the man before his boss along with everyone else. Jaejoong was now standing right in front of the assailant, who was looking very pale and meek by now, with Kangin standing behind, ready to throw him out with the command.

“ Now Taemin has been way too tolerant of your abuse for too long. And now that I finally caught you in the act,” with a sadistic smile on his lips, Jaejoong looked behind to Kangin who nodded and grabbed the man by his arms,” I can ban you from ever coming back. You are never to see Taemin again and I don’t want to ever hear a word of you coming around my business again.” And with of flick of Jae’s wrist, Kangin through the out the double doors and into the dirt. And with that, the painted wooden double doors were slammed shut and lock from the inside by our dear Kangin.

With a sigh, Jaejoong turned to the 12 people in front of him and gave them a slight smile before asking Krystal, a girl who works behind the bar with her sister Sulli, to take care of Taemin. With a nod, the girl went to the stairs where she met Heechul and took Taemin’s hand to lead him into her and Sulli’s room right beside the bar.

“ Alright everyone, go  and change. We’ll be heading into the basement soon so bring stuff to sleep with too.” Jae then turned to walk up the stairs and to the third floor where his room receded and was followed by Heechul, Jessica and Baekhyun, who lived on the same floor as them.

And slowly, one by one, the rest went to, while Key and Jade went to check on Taemin. Kibum stepped into the room while Jade stayed inside the door frame. Kibum sat next to the boy who seemed to have calmed down a bit. His cheek was starting to turn purple, along with part of his left eye. It will probably be swollen shut by tomorrow morning. When Krystal had finished wiping his tears, Key gently touched the bruised spot, but even the soft touch made the boy flinch.

“ Sorry.” He apologized and pulled his hand back.

“ You should have said something to Jae a long time ago Tae.” Sulli said, running her fingers through his hair.

Taemin sighed.” I know.”

“ Well, reminiscing isn’t going to do anything..” Jade said from the doorway.” We’ll take Taemin up stairs and you two get ready to go down into the basement okay?”

The two girls nodded. Kibum and Taemin stepped passed Jade and the three start to walk up to the second floor.

“ He didn’t hurt you anywhere else did he?” Jade asked.

Taemin shook his head.” Other than my ? Just my face.”

Now that he mentioned it, Taemin was walking with a limp in his step. The three finally made it to the the plush red floors of the second story.  A few more steps and a turn right, they had passed the door to Luhan’s room. they met Sunny and Victoria in front of the latter’s room, still dressed in their courtesans outfits.

“ Taemin!” Sunny yelled when she turned her head and saw the three walking towards them.” Are you okay?” she asked, cupping the right side of his face to examine the left.

Sunny and Victoria where nice to the three youngest courtesans, along with Heechul. Luhan was indifferent to them and never really talked much. Jessica(who does not act anything like her two sisters), on the other hand, was the one up on her high horse. She acts sweet and innocent when it’s of convenience to her. Which is an act for the customers, Heechul, and Jaejoong. She still tries to get on Baekhyun’s good side, but ever since she ‘accidently’ pushed Zelo, Baek’s younger brother, down a flight of stairs, he’s been keeping an eye on her.

“ Wow. He seemed to have got you good. I have an ice pack in my room if you want it.”

“ Please?”

Victoria patted his head and head off into her room. She may be Jessica’s successor and favorite, but she still knew when to shut the girl up for being a . And speak of the devil…

“ What are you three doing here?”

And she shall appear.

Jessica’s hair was up in a loose bun, her face was makeup less, and was wearing a baggy white t-shirt and long blue, green, and white plaid pajama pants. She was also carrying what looked like her whole bed and half of her closet.

“ Well we do live here.” Jade said.

She scoffed.” Yeah, whatever. Where’s Vicky?”

“She went to get Taemin an ice pack for his face.” Kibum said.

“ I wasn’t talking to you.”

“ Who was she talking to than?” Taemin whispered.

Key, Jade, and Sunny shrugged.

“ Here you go Min.” Victoria said, handing over a frozen block wrapped in a small towel.

“ Thank you so much!” Taemin squeaked when he hurriedly pressed the block to his face and started to tear up.

“ Come on Min, I’ll help you get ready.” Kibum pushed the boy down the hallway on the right to go to the youngers room, which left the four girls alone in the T-shaped hallway.

“ Well, I’m off to get ready.” Victoria said, breaking the awkward atmosphere.

“ Oh I’ll come and help you!” Jessica said, following her favorite to her room, leaving her stuff outside in the hallway.

“ Well, guess that’s our cue.” Suny said, turning to her right and heading to her room.

“ I guess so.” Jade agreed, following the other to go to the room next door.

 

~~~

 

On the outskirts of Qoren, two males were working on their farm, trying to get as much as they could before the storm hit and ruined their hard work.

“ Come on Jinki! Just for a bit. I need to see him.” The youngest whined to his older brother.

“ If their wasn’t a storm coming, maybe. But as you can see,” Jink pointed up to the dark clouded sky,” one’s coming and we have to harvest everything before it does.”

Minho sighed and begrudgingly got back to work. The both of them had gotten most of the harvesting done, leaving only the carrots and potatoes that they were working on now. Their parents had gone to check on the animals and secure the barn so none of the animals would be harmed.

“ Okay boys,” they looked up to see the mom heading towards their two story house, probably to cook or make something before everything in their house went out from the storm, and their dad standing in front of them, whipping his hands on a rag,” I’ll start on the carrots and you two finish the potatoes. Put the barrel with the rest in the barn then come help me so we can finish faster.”

They both nodded and quickly got back to work, finishing everything within thirty minutes, putting the last barrell in the barn with the rest of them. The three males had just made it inside right as the first drops of rain it the dirt ground in front of their porch.

 

~~~

 

“ Come on Jae, why can’t you just bring him here?”

“ I’m sorry your highness, but the storm has already started and other than not having anyone to bring him to you, I’m not going to put him out in this storm and risk his life. You, as well as I know how bad storms get around here.”

Jonghyun sighed, rubbing his hand along his face. All he wanted was to have Key with him and safe in his arms.

“ When the storm is over, I’ll send him right over.”

“ No I’ll come down. It’ll be easier for me since theres going to be more guards here at the castle since some of my cousins are coming down for my birthday and my mother is going out of her way to invite as many female royalties as she can to hope I’ll find one I like and make her the new queen.” The Prince rolled his eyes. He heard Jaejoong chuckle on the other line.

“ Should I assume that your cousins are going to be coming as well?”

“ It would probably be safe to assume so. Well, at least one of them anyways.”

“ Of course. I need to go,  its getting bad out and I can hear Junhong crying so Baek’s going to need help with that. See you soon.”

“ See ya.” Jonghyun hung up his cell phone and threw it onto his bed, watching it bounce a couple of times before settling on his thick black comforter.

He sighed again when his bedroom door opened with one of the maids telling him his two favorite cousins had finally made it. He thanked her and followed her out in two the hallway, then made his way to the foyer to find his two soaked cousins making a giant puddle on his marble floor.

“ Seems you finally made it, and are ruining the marble floors.”

The other maids and butlers had brought many towels to clean up the floor with and to dry his two younger cousins. He smirked when they both glared at him as they used a towel to dry their hair.

“ You could have told us that they was going to be a storm coming!” Kris, the youngest, yelled.

“ Nah. I wanted you to suffer.”

“ Aww what a wonderful reunion.” Joon teased as he gave his towels to one of the nearby maids.

“ Yes,” The three males turned to see Jonghyun’s mother, the Queen of Qoren, walking toward them with her ladies in waiting behind her,” what a wonderful reunion indeed.” She smiled at the three princes who bowed to her. “ Now,”  she waited until they were standing up straight and the maids and butlers were standing off to the sides with their heads down,“I would like to ask you three in particular, to be careful of what you do while you’re here. What you do,” She was looking at her son and Joon in particular since she wasn’t so sure about Kris’s likes in partners,” could reflect on our kingdoms badly.”

“ Mother, we’ll be careful. We know how to hide ourselves.”

“ Just, don’t get caught by the King.” The Queen walked up to her son and cupped his cheek before walking away to her chambers with her husband.

Jonghyun sighed and waved his hand at his younger cousins for them to follow him to his chambers.  Once inside, with his doors closed and sat in the corner-middle of his black velvet couch, allowing the other two to pick one of ends. With Joon on his left and Kris on his right, Jonghyun took out his cell phone, want to call or even text Kibum, but with the weather as bad as it was(a loud clap of thunder, followed by a bright light and shaking windows proved his point) he couldn’t get a proper signal. He sighed and threw the phone on his glass coffee table.

“ I can see you both wanna be somewhere.” Kris said as he observed his two older cousins.

Joon and Jonghyun both turned to each other then. Joon wanted to go see Onew at his family’s farm, while Jonghyun wanted to go and see Key at the brothel.

“ Well, we both have someone that we want to see.” Joon stated, looking at a picture of the farm boy smiling on his phone.

“ And on that note,” Jonghyun turned to Kris,” have you found anyone yet?”

Kris shook his head.” Nope.”

“ None?” Joon asked, baffled.” How could you not have found anyone in that big kingdom of yours yet?”

The youngest shrugged, even mystified himself.” I don’t know! I would have thought that being bi would have given me an advantage in this situation. But even the courtesan there don’t reach my expectations. “

“ Well how about I take you to where I found Key after this whole storm blows over? Maybe someone will at least peek your interest there.”

“ Worth a shot.” He sighed and ran a hand through his hair.” I just want someone like you guys have.”

“ Not yet.” Joon told him.” Still haven’t decided if I want to actually get fully involved with him yet.”

“ He’s not going to wait forever. What if he’s already moved on and found someone else?” Jonghyun warned Joon every time they saw each other.

“ I’m going to laugh so hard if he already hooked up with someone else cause you were too chicken to get ‘involved’ with him.” Kris chuckled.

Joon pinched the bridge of his nose.” I was going to talk to him more about it after the storm.”

“ Better say yes. He’s been waiting for far too long.” Jonghyun told him.

 

~~~

 

Down in the basement of the brothel, everyone who lives in the building had crammed themselves in together. The thirteen people had circled around a small metal fire pit that Jaejoong had down here for times like these. Jae was talking to Baekhyun, most likely about business, while Baekhyun’s younger brother, Junhong(who prefers to be called Zelo now) sat across from them, playing Go-Fish with Taemin, Junhee(Jade), Sunny, and Kibum. Victoria was getting her hair played with by Jessica, who seemed to be having a one-sided convo with her successor. Heechul was sitting next to Jaejoong and was playing a board game with Luhan.

“ Sunny, do you have a seven?” Zelo asked the eldest player.

Junhong was bouncing up and down in his seat. He only had one card left and all he needed was a seven, and he was pretty sure Sunny was the one who had it. Sunny was looking at her hand, which she indeed had a seven. But the way the nine year old was squirming in his seat, she just couldn’t resist making him wait for a bit longer.

“ A seven?”

“Yes!”

“ Hmmmmm….. That’s the number seven right?” Sunny was tapping the cards with her index finger.

Tamin, Kibum, and Junhee were giggling behind their hands, huddling together to support each other from falling to the ground.

“ There’s another seven?” Junhong stopped bouncing and stared at Sunny with his head cocked to the side.

“ No there’s not. Here” She handed the young boy her seven and he started jumping up and down.

“ I won! I won! Baek! Baek, I finally won!”

Baekhyun turned to his younger brother and chuckled at his antics.” Congratulations!”

“ Okay guys, it’s late. Time to get ready for bed.” Jaejoong said, laughing slightly at the youngest.

Zelo whined as he stomped his way over to Baekhyun, taking the sleeping bag on his right. Baekhyun petted his brother’s head, kissing the top of it before telling him good night. Slowly, everyone else started to follow after. Jade, Key, and Taemin decided to sleep next to each other, and Kibum kept checking his cell.

“ You know that we don’t have service down here right?” Jade asked him after setting up her stuff next to him.

Key sighed.” I know.”

“ Didn’t he say that his cousins where coming down today?” Taemin asked from Key’s other side.

“ Yes.”

“ I wonder what they’re like.” Taemin wondered to himself.” I think Minho said that one of them was his brothers best friend.”

“Really which one?” Jade asked.

“ I think it was Joon or something like that.”

Jade nodded.” I think I’ve heard of him.”

Key didn't make a comment. He was still looking at his phone.

Jade took his phone and before he could say anything, she said,” He’s not going to call. We don't get service down here. Once the storm is over, you prince will come in and sweep you off your feet.”

“Wow. Way to sound bitter.” Key reached and grabbed his phone back.

Jade rolled his eyes.

“ It seems being alone has finally gotten to her.” Taemin smirked a little.

“ I have never been alone,” she told them matter-of-factly,” but I would like to find someone like you two have.”

“ Well, like one of us.” Kibum sighed.

“ He still loves you though.” Tae told him.

“ But I would rather not have to be his concubine. And even if homouality was accepted with in the royal blood lines, I’m still not royal.”

“ Well, than you’re just going to have to take what you can. A concubine might be all you can.” Junhee told him sadly.

Kibum pouted, looking at his phone.

“ If you guys sleep, you can see you’re men faster.” They heard Jaejoong say from across the room.

And so, the three of them quietly giggled and said goodnight to each other before going to sleep.

 

~~~

 

“ How the hell does that ing  sleep through a storm like this?”

“ Like a rock?”

“ Not helping Yixing.”

“ Well, what about a log?”

“ Get out.”

Yixing smirked at Jongin. The two of them couldn’t sleep while the raging storm was going as loud bouts of thunder exploded and raging winds crashed against the house. They thanked what ever god up there that there boss was freaking rich enough to build a sturdy as house(even if the wind blowing on it made it seem like it was going to collapse at any second).

As the rain switched directions, a loud snore came from upstairs. Jongin groaned and Yixing sighed. Chanyeol, their fearless leader of a loan shark, was sleeping away the storm. They both wished they could be like that, sleeping soundly in their own beds instead of out in the living room with nothing to do but keep each other company.

“ Well, we can break into Chan’s stash…”

Kai looked over at Lay and smirked.

When it was finally over, Chanyeol came down the stairs to find Kai and Lay passed out over each other with empty cans of energy drinks on the glass coffee table.

“ What the did I miss?”

 

Guys I love Jessica to death :3 Please don't be mad that I made her the bad guy!!!!