Chapter Two

Shattered Glass
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyunseung couldn’t walk past one store without going in to take a look around. Being secured in a house for more than a week was something he couldn’t handle. Everything that we saw, whether it was a plain old shirt or necklace, he acted as if he hadn’t seen them before. His eyes gazed at everything in surprise. It was really interesting to see.

 

As the time passed by, the sun was settling itself down and the bright sky was fading away completely. Hyunseung and I grew quite tired as we continued to walk through the street. We both decided it was time to head home when our legs became sore.

 

“Are you sure you’ll be fine on your own?” I parked the car next to the curb and watched Hyunseung unbuckle his seatbelt. He exited the car while he gave me a questioning look.

 

“I’m pretty sure I took care of myself before.” He chuckled one last time and closed the door. “I’ll just take medicine every now and then. I’ll call you if anything happens.” I nodded with please and watched him head inside his house. When he reached past the wooden door, he turned around to wave a goodbye. I smiled at the sight and waved back, mouthing him a goodnight. After the short departure, it was only me sitting in the car.

 

I clutched tightly onto the steering wheel and my body began to tense. I tried to hide my anger and frustrations today that were finding their way out of me. I glued on a fake smile when I walked down the bright city. Hyunseung would sometimes ask if I was alright and as bad as I already am, I lied. We both know each other all too well to know whether or not one of us is in a bad mood, but I tried to cover it.  

 

What the hell is this guilt doing to me?

Is there no such thing as help?

 

The ringtone kept going off and yet no one was answering. I grunted and was lost on what to do. I threw my phone onto the couch and messily ruffled my blond hair. Without realizing my actions, I started pacing back and forth until the fabric around my feet were stretched apart.

 

There it was, the ringing that I have been waiting for hours was finally heard. My hand automatically reached for the phone and without thinking I answered immediately.

 

“Why the weren’t you answering my calls earlier?” I assumed it was Doojoon since he was the only person I was trying to get hold of, but oddly enough a different voice was replying to me.

 

“What are you talking about? You didn’t call me at all.” The voice on the other side laughed softly. “You didn’t respond to my text message too.”

 

I stared blankly at the ground, listening carefully to the voice that was echoing in my ears. I somehow felt at ease when I heard the jovial voice, but at the same time I couldn’t control myself to not cringe.

 

“Junhyung.” The voice called out to me and it made me angry. I didn’t want to hear that lighthearted voice saying my name. All it did was bring me back to the past—something that I’ve been trying to forget yet I couldn’t even if I distracted myself.

 

“Please don’t.” My own voice was shaking like crazy. I suddenly became confused and was completely hopeless. My mind was rewinding the things I have been trying to forget. Hyunseung, I have him, but he’s not next to me. If he’s not here then I can’t ignore it. There’s just no escape to it. “Please don’t, Hara.”

 

“Junhyung, you know I still have feelings for you.” Her voice softened with a hint of sadness. I felt like she’s only playing with me, but I somehow believe her. I had so many questions to ask her, but I refrained from doing so. I just kept it at a minimum.  

 

“Then why the did you leave me?” I wanted to scream so badly. My eyes were b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter