Chapter Four

Shattered Glass
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The birds chirped loudly in the early morning the next day. I groaned in anger, wishing I could have more time laying in bed. My whole body was embraced by my opaque blanket. I breathed in silence while trying to reposition myself. My hands brushed against a handful of dried up tissues that were scattered around the mattress. I threw the cover off and my eyes scanned the ground of dispersed alcohol. My hand held tightly to the side of my head as I felt a piercing headache. I looked up to see only the corner of what reflects a shadow of a figure.

 

The corners of my crimson eyes were puffed and pink through the mirror. I sighed and stared at the running water from the sink. I thought washing them roughly with water would get rid of the condition that they were in, though, of course that was a stupid idea.

 

I trashed all the tissues into a plastic bag. The bottles were carried to the kitchen where I rinsed them off and set them neatly on the counter for drying. I looked around the apartment and my eyes stopped at the small pathway where the front door was. I felt my eyes burning and decided to return to the bedroom. I retrieved my phone when I got back and scrolled through my contacts. My thumb hovered over Hyunseung’s name in which I repeatedly scrolled past, but I would always come back to it with an engaged feeling of worry.

 

Is he doing alright?

Is he taking care of himself?

 

Unexpectedly, I dialed him. The ringing from the other side was loud and I could only stare at the phone like a coward. I felt paralyzed. I wanted to end the call immediately, but I couldn’t bring myself to do it.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter