Chapter One

Shattered Glass
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Are you out of your damn mind, Junhyung?” Doojoon growled and furrowed his brow. I sighed and made my way over to the couch, leaning my body against its softness. His eyes intensified as he scoffed at my action. “Don’t tell me you’re going to sit there and do nothing.”

 

“I’m ing stressed out right now, Doojoon.” I glared at him as my anger radiated over the room. Doojoon looked skeptical. He sat himself down next to me and breathed out of frustration.

 

“You have to tell him.” I cringed at his words and slowly settled myself back onto my feet. His words pressured me more than I already was. I turned my body toward him and glared for awhile.

 

“I know, Doojoon.” I walked into the kitchen in search for water. My throat closed up and it made my voice rougher. “I didn’t tell you my problem to hear obvious statements from you.”

 

“What the hell am I supposed to say? Oh darn, sorry you didn’t say no to him in the first place?” Doojoon caustically said to me. I scowled at him, thinking that he went too far past my limit. Before I was able to say anything, I heard a soft click at the front entrance.

 

“J-Junhyung?” A soft voice called out to me followed by a low cough. My ears perked up as I walked around the kitchen counter, distantly peering into the small pathway. A young male appeared from behind the wall. He wore a beige coat thick enough to feel the warmth along with a red velvet scarf. His jeans were nicely rolled up at the end to reveal his slim ankles which brightly brought up the radiant color of his sneakers.

 

“Hyunseung.” I was taken aback by his sudden visit. He was supposed to be in bed, tucked away from his high fever. I approached him with my hand reaching out. The back of my palm made contact with his forehead and I could feel the burning sensation. “You’re supposed to be getting rest.”

 

He looked at me with his dull eyes and a smile faintly showered over his face, “I couldn’t sleep so I thought I would come visit you.” He tilted his head to the side only to see another male present in the room. He slightly bowed in respect and focused his attention back to me.

 

“I’m sorry if I interrupted you both. I should’ve called to let you know I was heading over here.” Hyunseung frowned a bit, clearly upset about not thinking it through.

 

“It’s alright.” I smiled at him to lighten the mood. Doojoon eyed me, he only looked the other way when Hyunseung made eye contact with him.

 

“I guess I’ll be on my way then.” Doojoon shoved both his hands in his pockets. He lowered his head in return for the respect he got from Hyunseung. It was not too long before the room was only full with two people.

 

Great, he left and yet he didn’t bring the pressure with him?

 

Hyunseung brought his hand to his throat and rubbed it vigorously while coughing. I couldn’t help to feel apologetic toward him. It has been a week now and he hasn’t been feeling any better. I sat Hyunseung down and made some honey mint tea to better help his throat.

 

“Here, drink this.” I handed him a white mug and watched him blow lightly at the surface.

 

“Thank you.” Hyunseung took a big sip and wrinkled his nose. He wanted to yelp, but instead he stuck out his tongue to feel the cool air hit it.

 

“Idiot.” I chuckled at him and rested my head on his laps. Every angle of him have been exposed to my sighting and to say the least, they were all very—perfect.

 

“I blew on it though.” He spoke while his tongue was still hanging at the edge of his lips. I was truly astonished by his way of thinking. Even though he was sick with a fever, he still had that unique personality of his. Hyunseung laid his arms on my chest and looked into my eyes. I have to admit that everything about him was perfect, but his eyes do the most to me. The corners of my lips quirked up, causing Hyunseung’s thin lips to do the same as mine.

 

“Seung.” I paused for a moment and came into deep thought. My walls aren’t  that thick. Ever since Hyunseung arrived, I wondered whether or not he overheard my conversation with Doojoon. Thinking about it some more, my heart began to beat faster. I started to panic and broke our eye contact. I fixed my improper gesture by sitting up with my back straight and sighed heavily.

 

“What’s wrong?” Hyunseung was now the one in worry.

 

“Seung, did you possibly hear anything when you got here?” I kept my gaze elsewhere, though, his eyes didn’t bother to leave me. His lips remained in contact with no words trailing out.

 

“I only heard ‘say no to him’ and that was all.” He carefully took another sip of the hot tea. “I didn’t ask about it because I know it’s none of my business.”

 

“Even if the statement was directed towards you?” I hesitated and thought about what I said. I should’ve rephrased it differently.

 

“Let’s change the topic. You’re making me feel uncomfortable.” Hyunseung laughed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter