★ prelude

caSTAR§ rookie

caSTARs Rookie is composed of very competent trainees, each having their own differentiated talents and abilities. Through the missions and performances, the final members of caSTARs will be selected in this unprecedented project. The scores include expert votes, popularity votes, performance rating votes and senior idol group votes. The stages that caSTARs rookie will have to put up in each round will determine the final members of caSTARs.

First meeting of caSTARs Rookie

It had been four weeks since the start of auditions. The assessments were well underway. All the trainees were on edge, contemplating the possibility of vast changes in their routines in the imminent future. Friendships were strained.  As the announcements of the results loomed ahead, the trainees trained with unusual solemnness.

Super Junior members were just signing in for their practices when KyuHyun caught sight of the notice. “Mwoh-ya? The following trainees will have to report to trainee studio 021 at 12noon today regardless of their schedules… Are they in trouble?” The rest of Super Junior crowded around to get a closer look. A few trainees gathered around as well, exclaiming as they recognized various names on the sheet. HeeChul turned to them cheekily. “It has been up a few days. You all must have gotten into some trouble…”

1200 - trainee studio 021

The girls arrived one after another, taking their place on the couch that had been positioned in the middle of the room facing a variety of camera paraphernalia. There was nobody around to man the cameras, although the blinking red light suggested that they were in the midst of filming. The girls whispered quietly amongst themselves. Although most of them didn’t know one another, all of them were curious about the set-up and it wasn’t long before they had started introducing themselves.

The first trainee who arrived turned to the rest with a concerned expression plastered on her face. “Does anybody know what is going on? Why did we get called in?” The others stared back in confusion.

The youngest shook her head. “Molleunda. I just came from school…”

A babble of voices started rising as they tried to understand the unfamiliar situation.

“I don't think anything like this has ever happened before.”

"Did you notice all the cameras around the company?

“The notice was so big too.”

"Has it really been up long?"

“I’m nervous.”

"My feet are sore from training."

“I’m hungry – ah… are the cameras rolling? We’ve been on a strict diet recently.”

“Are we here for a recording?”

As the trainees discussed the possibilities, the door to the studio swung open and an older girl they recognized as the company’s production manager strode in. All of them stood up and bowed respectfully. “Annyeonghasaeyo~”

“You all must have seen the notice.” The production manager smiled. “We’ll be interviewing you all one by one.” Her gaze travelled down the line before settling on a girl wearing a snapback. “You’re up first. Please come with me.”

“Neh.” The first trainee adjusted her cap and followed while the others looked on anxiously. As each girl gradually got called into the consultation room, the cameras continued rolling. Those who were waiting for their turn found themselves turning to thr trainee beside them for comfort. As the interviews came to an end, it was safe to say that the trainees now knew one another by name.

The production manager emerged from the enclosed room with the last trainee in tow. As the youngest took her seat, the production manager read off her clipboard. "I would like to congratulate all of you for being selected for participation in the project group." There was a series of squeals and claps as the trainees jumped up in excitement. The production manager coughed. "Before we can disclose members to the public, headshots and photoshoots will be scheduled for tomorrow. We would appreciate if you do not spread the news. From now on, you will have to monitor your performances as a group. Classes will resume as per normal these few days but you all will get notified of changes in schedules by the end of this week. You can get to know one another better then. I trust that you all will do SME proud." As the production manager left the room with an appreciative nod, the trainees started chattering animatedly amongst themselves.

One of the girls pointed at the cameras. "I think we're supposed to say something..." The others nodded as they whispered their plan.

The trainees stood in formation around the eldest and gave a deep bow. "Annyhasaeyo caSTARs rookie imnida!" A few of them burst out laughing at the unfamiliar and awkward greeting.

"It feels good." One of them piped up. "Although it's still weird." The trainee beside her giggled. "What do idols usually do during variety or reality shows? I think we're supposed to introduce ourselves and briefly record our feelings, right?" Uncertain of what to do, they decided to have each of them have some individual camera time. "Why else would they leave the cameras running?" After each of them had their go in front of the cameras, the girls bided goodbye as a group and decided to leave the studio in small groups so as to not draw attention to themselves.  

Finally!


author's note:     heyyyy so here's a short introductory chapter & the trainee teasers (in allkpop format) will be released soon! I hope it will not bore you x.x we will start proper by the the end of december I promise!

p.s. shortly after the allkpop articles on the revelation of the trainees are released, I would need y'all to help me in determining the visuals (up to 3 probably?) of the group [plus a popularity vote - based on the information in the articles only & nobody will be eliminated... just to survey overall sentiments ^-^]