Of Innocent-Looking but Evil Angels

Fate and Faith
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 5: Of Innocent-Looking but Evil Angels

 

Baekhyun couldn’t even have a decent sleep since that meeting with Dongha. His sleep-depriving state finally taking on its toll when one day, he messed up the orders from the customers, switching latte with Americano, mistaking salt as sugar, even when there container had a freakin’ label on it. Kyungsoo, his cook and his best friend, besides Junmyeon of course, realized about the odd behaviours of that puppy for the past two days.  So, during their break, Kyungsoo called upon Junmyeon, saying there was an emergency and a puppy is dying of unknown reason, causing Junmyeon to hang up abruptly and after few minutes there he was, inside the cafe searching frantically for the owl-like boy.

 

“What happened? Whose puppy’s dying? Why didn’t you bring him to the vet??”

 

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes at this idiot friend of his.

 

“The puppy actually referred to that sassy-eyeliner diva over there!” Kyungsoo hissed while pointing out his finger to a certain soulless diva, which was in his own little world. That diva didn’t even snapped when Tao accidentally spilled a whole glass of lemonade on his pants, even when the younger mouthing a frantic ‘sorry’ repetitively. He didn’t even bother to point out some snarky remark when Sehun called him ‘diva puppy’ over and over again.

 

“Ooooookaaaay, that is soooooooo not him. This is serious. We need to talk to him like, right now!” Junmyeon sassed, making his way to the puppy. The owl trailed silently behind him.

 

 

“Heyya Baekkie! How’s business?” Junmyeon started awkwardly, while the owl giving him the ‘dude-that’s-totally-lame’ look in which he replied back with ‘just-shut-up-and-play-along-you-twerp’ look. However, they were greeted with total silence from the diva puppy, as the puppy was quite busy staring outside the cafe.

 

“Dude! We totally lost him. He’s staring at those kitties making love outside this cafe over there. He needs to get laid I tell ya,” Kyungsoo whispered to Junmyeon, in a not so whispery way.

 

“I know. I think we need to find someone for him let out those inner beasts. They’ve been caged for too long I bet. How ‘bout that Chanyeol guy, the tall guy who worked as Kris’s secretary? He seems like a good lad. Might as well set them up don’tcha think? And how long that cat’s going to follow that b*tch, just mount her, gosh!” Junmyeon whispered back to the owl, his face frown from watching the slow love making process of those cats.

 

The eyeliner diva let out a sigh, in which startled the other two. Prominent dark circles rimmed around his eyes, adding another Tao into the cafe. Baekhyun looked exhausted and sleep deprived. That was when Junmyeon decided to try again.

 

“Hey Baek. You okay?” he asked in soft voice, laced in concern for his friend.

 

“Oh, hey hyung. When did you get here?” Baekhyun greeted. He just realized the presence of the two.

 

“Baek, we’ve been here since 10 minutes ago. I even greeted you but you’ve been staring at...umm... outside, I guess,” Junmyeon said, dropping off the kitties making out topic.

 

“R-really? Gosh, I must’ve been totally out of it. Sorry hyung. Did you need anything?”

 

Both Kyungsoo and Junmyeon looked at each other, nodding their heads as if having telepathic communication between the two. Then Kyungsoo started.

 

“Baek, are you okay? I mean, you look so out of it for these past two days and don’t you dare deny any of it! Look at yourself! You look like a shorter version of Tao!”

 

Then an offended ’Hey’ could be heard from the kitchen. That panda surely have sharp hearing.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter