The Devil

Fate and Faith
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 3: The Devil

 

Silence wrapped around the 30-storey building. No footsteps could be heard nor did any frantic curses of employees emanated, might be the indication of them trying to complete the tasks given to them by the ‘Devil’. The building looked eerily creepy with only darkness surrounding it, with no traces of living souls, well exception to the 15th floor where it was the only floor that has light in it, in contrast to the darkness of the entire building. The only sound can be heard on that floor was the sound of someone typing continuously on the poor keyboard. Wouldn’t know how the keyboard survived the tapping of a workaholic monster residing the building.

 

In a dim lit room, situated far at the end of the corridor, a young man could be seen working his off, finishing whatever paper works that need to be done. After typing away the last word, he saved the work; pulled off his glasses which was sitting on the bridge of his nose and putting it away on the table. He laid his back on the leather chair backrest, letting out a fatigue sigh. That’s the perk of being the sole heir of Jung Corporation. Jung Daehyun the name given. He learnt all about managing the company since he was a kid. You can hear a lot of nicknames given to him, courtesy of his own employees. Workaholic monster, Satan, Shekkxxy(?)Devil, underrated OCD and the list could go on and on so we need to cut it out or this story will never meet an end. Well, he couldn’t blame them for labelling him, except for the OCD thing, like... seriously? But hey, he admitted the rest. Yeah well, for a person to fire people as easy as breathing and lashes out whenever things weren’t done perfectly, even with little-tiny-puny flaws, those nicknames were nothing. Let me tell you again...NOTHING.

 

The phone vibrated on the table, flashing out ‘Youngjae’ on the screen. Daehyun picked up the phone lazily.

 

“Yeah?”

 

“Yo Dae! Getcha lazy down here! We’re havin’ fun dude! Oh Gosh! Zelo! Stop making out you brat! Geez!”

 

Loud music could be heard on the other line, including the high pitched screaming from Youngjae, in effort to stop his younger buddy from spreading his saliva everywhere. Okay, now that sounds nasty. Ughh...Daehyun rolled his eyes. As if it’s not enough for him to be buried with papers all day long, now his freaking best friend just need to make his eardrum fall any minute. So much for a best friend. He sighed for the umpteenth times that day.

 

“Where’re ya?”

 

He already knew where those monkeys are, but it’s better if we have some sort of confirmation right? Right.

 

“At the usual. Let’s parteeey till we drop pop pop!” Youngjae shouted.

 

‘If I’m going deaf because of this overdosed monkey, I’m so going to chop him off and feed it to the gorillas’

 

“I’ll be there in ten,” Daehyun ended.

 

He grabbed his coat, switched off the lights and head out of the building, driving off to the club in his white Audi.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter