1st

The Stockholm Syndrome

Beaten.


His whole body was ached to the punching that lay on his skin all over his body. His eyes were blindfolded, hand trapped by a pair of handcuff that chained to room ceiling. Those thugs treated him as a sand sack that could be beat anytime they want until he turns into pulp. His breathing was uneven, once he tried to take an air, his lungs hurt like it was about going to rip out. The consciousness he has now leaving him little by little, his eyes weren’t strong enough to stay open and his legs gave in, his body that stood still before now dropped to the ground.

“Maybe I’m dying now.”

Now, his consciousness betrayed him, left him alone in that dark, sloppy, and cold room.

 


 

 

“Yifan-ge.”

A voice that came from the back door made him startled, Yifan slowly turned his head to the owner of the voice.

“Yixing?” his younger brother, his head peeking from the door leaf, “Ah, wait a minute, I’m still doing my assignment.” Yifan quickly replied while his hands still typing on the keyboard.

“Uh, mom and dad called us downstairs; they’re waiting in the dining room. I guess it kind of important so I hope you speed up a little bit.”

“Ah alright, just spare me a minute, I’ll be fast.” as his younger brother nodded and left his room, Yifan quicken his typing as possible, saved it, and grabbed his Trussardi dark brown blazer to cover his wrinkled grey t-shirt he worn.

He took his phone along and went downstairs towards the dining room, he opened the door and revealing his parents sat both on the opposite vis-a-vis, furious expression were plastered on their faces and his brother in the middle, looked in pressure. As a man of sense, he knew there is something must have been going out of hand, all written from Yixing’s depressed face to Yifan’s concern. Don’t want to worsen the situation already, he tried really carefully to drag the empty chair and politely sat on it.

"Sorry I needed to do my paperwork first." Yifan told them his apology.

"Fine,” his Mr. Wu halted, his dad eyes looking straight to his orbs, “Now we will speak out a crucial matter that we have made, sons. Don’t interrupt anything, just listen carefully." His dad's voice tone was deep, all dead serious, made him more anxious even more.
With a long sigh, his dad started to speak.

"We choose to be apart.” It takes a few second for Yifan to comprehend and looked to his dad at his disbelief,

“What..?”

“We won’t be in one household anymore.” His dad explained, but to Yifan it still unclear, it wasn’t that he didn’t understand, but he needed more explanation.

“What--why did..?”his mother cut his sentence before he could, “He said you just shut up and listen everything until he has finish.”Yifan obediently obeyed, as he gulped his saliva down to soothe out his nervousness.

“We just cannot to be united as the same as before, we only painstakingly trying to be okay when we are not and it hurts.“

"No I'm still not-- I can't accept that easily!"

"Can’t you get the point clearly, Yifan? I and your dad won’t be together anymore. We choose to get divorce!” His mother uttered it coldly.

“Why? I know that you two argue pretty often but this is not what we have to face up!”

“We are just not compatible anymore! Did you know that mom acted like I’m fine but I’m not for the whole time being? Just because your dad’s sake! It’s enough for me to lose my sanity right away!” The change of his mother voice tone surprising him, and what more shocking was that his mother stated that she was acting fine but she wasn’t, it was really hurting him. Does it means his mother wasn’t happy with Yifan and Yixing for all these years they are together?

Watching the sight of his soon-to-be-ex-wife yelled at his dearest oldest son, his limit snapped, “Stop raising your voice! Can’t you be more considerate to him, that’s why I didn’t feel any comfort any longer with you! He’s shock by the reality that his parents parting, it’s normal with that!”

“You’re driving me crazy enough to live! You never lived at home, were leaving me with the entire burden!”

“I went work to support you and our kids! You don’t… No, you never think of my hardwork!” Mr. Wu voice went furious with his hand slammed the oak table. Yifan shut his eyes tight, he didn't want to see the ugly scene that happened just then, he tried to take a peek toward his brother, who turned pale as his body swoon to the left then dropped on the floor.

“Yixing!” he ran to his brother side and held his brother body, panickly checked all his vital signs to make sure he was alright. Yifan was already terrified by knowing that his brother had a weak body that he cannot controlling his body when he is under pressure, he don’t want to let go his only ally in his family which also means he would lose everything.

"Dad, call the ambulance! Mom, get the canned oxygen inside the health box!"

All they could do now is waiting for the ambulance to come. Yifan already knows that his brother couldn't take it, he was not strong enough. He felt stupid for neglected his instinct, as he knew the certainty is 80% right. As the paramedics came, they took Yixing by the stretcher to the car, placed the oxygen mask to his nose. His dad quickly jumped into the ambulance beside his younger son’s body, left his older son and wife alone. Yifan quickly took the family SUV key and asked the chauffeur driving to follow the ambulance behind.

Inside the car, Yifan stole a glance toward his mom’s face; she looked uptight, grey clouds all over her face. It made him anxious somehow, as he knew that his mom’s condition wasn’t that fine- no, it was bad that could make him lost his sanity up to nowhere. He placed his thumb on his forehead, tried to ease a little bit of his headache.


Arrived at the hospital they rushed to find Yixing’s room, in front of the door with panted breath Yifan opened the door quietly. He saw his brother’s face attached with an oxygen mask; Yifan felt enough that knowing his brother was still alive, alongside with it their parents were in peace for a little time now.
His mother looked at Yixing’s face, Yifan could see that his mother eyes glistened; he spontaneously reached for his mother and hugged her.

“It’s alright mom, everything will be alright.” Yifan soothed his mother, there was no reply instead his mother buried her face on his oldest son chest. Across of him, Yifan could see his father sighed and held in his tears, he wished that he was able to hug his parents but he knew he couldn’t in this kind of state.

Yifan scared as anyone can be, but he tried to buck up himself because he knew being such a racquet right now won't make him any better. 

He felt like he needed to run away from the world...

 

--------------------

 

Im SOOO sorry to post thing really late.

I was to stuck up with writers block and was busy with uni SAT-exam and now I'm doing my first semester at the uni which is also busy body(I'm not trying into one but I was choking me alive) AND NOW IM GETTING MY FIRST HOLIDAYY! YAY! Im planned this to be a one shot, but I think it is better to make it in chapter because it is more thrilling, I guess? ahaha

I will try to at least to update per week, because I'm getting my teeth surgery done, it was not that hurt but annoying as hell >_<

The story is already finish but I want to glaze up the whole thing because I love you guys!

<3

ps. I also write some VIXX fic and it is coming up! Please wait for it^^