Ladies Choice

HIATUS/Visiting Home

 

From: Oh Sehun

Busy today???

To: Oh Sehun

Depends on what you're thinking.

From: Oh Sehun

Ladies choice?

To: Oh Sehun

Are you asking me on a date, Oh Sehun? 

From: Oh Sehun

I might be. I'm free until 5. Meet me in an hour?

To: Oh Sehun

That's a yes then. 

Outisde the coffee shop from the other day?

See you soon~ x

From : Oh Sehun

Looking forward to it.  x

 


Sehun ran his hands through his hair a few times as he examined his appearance in a shop window, his sunglasses were perched high on his nose, the large frames concealing part of his striking features. Frowning a little Sehun huffed at the loose strands of fringe that refused to be pushed back and wrestled with a scarf that refused to sit right. 

'Your hair looks fine, you know?' Sehun whirled around, his bag slipping from his hands and thudding heavily to the floor. With a giggle at his wide eyes hidden behind sunglasses and his gaping mouth Mila leant down and picked up the bag, handing it back to him along with a large bubble tea. She only smiled and shrugged playfully at the questioning glance he threw the drink. Sehun decided that now wasn't the time to pry as to how she knew his favourite flavour and coughed a little awkwardly. The chill morning air bit at his exposed cheeks and he could only imagine how cold Mila was in her light shirt and cardigan.

'Shall we get going?' He mumbled shouldering his bag and glancing down at Mila's face. His eyes froze when she looked up at him, her thick dark lashes were darkened with a little bit of mascara, giving her already large eyes a doll-like look. Mila smiled at him, her gentle eyes forming beautiful scresent shapes, the colour darknening from milk to dark chocolate. She nodded happily and turning swiftly in the direction she came from she waved her hand behind absently, gesturing for Sehun to follow. Seconds passed as the male watched her retreating form before he broke into a light jog, making up the distance between them.

'Glad you could join me.' Mila cast her eyes up at him, her gaze caught his and he felt the familiar sensation of passing a spoon through thick honey. She snorted a little before folding her arms in front of her, rubbing her hands together.

'Are you cold?' Sehun wondered, trying his best to focus on where they were going and not how Mila's eyes stopped him functioning as a normal human being.  

'Not really, I grew up in Northern England, it's freezing there.' She smiled gently as she admired the winter sun peaking through the leafless trees.

'You're not from Korea?' Sehun asked, confusion evident in his dark eyes. Mila caught his expression and smiled.

'My mother was Korean, my dad's English. But his father was from Hong Kong.' Mila explained taking Sehun's arm and pulling him toward their destinantion, he felt blood rise up his neck and cheeks at the sudden movement, biting his lip gently.

'So you're half Korean. Wait, do you speak English then?' Sehun questioned, as they walked into a small cafe. Book shelves lined the walls of the warm room, coat pegs and portraits decorated the dark blue walls and large, plush armchairs that appeared to have seen better days populaed the almost empty shop. It took him a few seconds to realise Mila had wandered toward a table near the back, bowing respectfully and greeting and elderly woman she passed by name. Sehun watched their exchange as he hurried forward.

'This is Oh Sehun, Mrs. Choi.' Sehun yanked his sunglasses off and bowed low, in his haste he nearly tripped over Mila's feet and she steadied him gently, a small snort escaping her nose. 'Sehun, this is Choi Eun Ha, she's my mother's aunite.'

'You didn't tell me he was so handsome, Mila. I should hit you.' The old woman scolded playfully, before leaning forward and taking Sehun's palm in her own. Her weathered fingers held his hand up to light, examining it closely from behind the thick lenses of her glasses. Sehun didn't pull away from the sudden contact, glancing over at Mila to see if this was normal. When she didn't respond he turned back the the aged woman, watching her study the lines of his palms carefully. Mrs. Choi filled the air with a serious of knowing hums before she finally released Sehun's hand. She bowed her head gently. 'I see you're a celebrity boy.'

'I am, how did you know? Did you read my fortune?' Sehun gasped excitedly, leaning down to look at the lines on his palms.

'Of course not. I have a television too. you know?' The old woman chortled heartily before shooing them both, turning abruptly back to an open book in front of her, twiddling a fountain pen in her knobbly hands. 'Now go! Enjoy yourselves. Mila I expect you to pay for what you eat and drink. No special perks for family!' 

'Of course, Mrs. Choi.' Mila gazed at the old woman fondly before nudging Sehun snapping him out of his embarrased state to drag him to the table in the furthest corner from the light. Here the sun cast light on the wooden table tops, but didn't shine high enough to hurt their eyes. Dust particles clung gently to the air as Mila settled into one of the armchairs. Sehun watched how her tall frame seemed to flex into the shape of the cushions, familiarity helping her fit in easily. Sehun sat opposite her, watching the way she browsed the weathered menu on the table with a practiced hand. Automatically flicking to th third page and reading half way down, she nodded her head once and handed the menu over.

'You chose already?' Sehun questioned, gratefully taking the menu.

'Affogato. It's my favourite.' 

'That sounds complicated.' Mila shrugged at his response.

'It's only a shot of espresso poured over a scoop of vanilla gellato.' Sehun' cast a puzzled look over at her. 'I come here a lot. Mrs. Choi owns this place and she's some of the only family I have left in Korea. Other than Sun Hee and my auntie and uncle.'

Mila brushed her finger against the spines of some of the books surrounding her. Her pale hands brushed over some longer than others, trailing gently, as though remembering the words inside.

'She seems... Nice.' Sehun resisted the urge to trail off as Mila smiled impishly up at him.

'She's crazy. But don't let her fool you. She's also wise and cunning.'

'You don't call her Auntie?' 

'I never had chance to, I only met her quite recently and she says being called Aunite makes it look like she's aged badly.' Mila laughed a little as the old woman's loud voice scolded Mila from the front of the cafe. 

'Can she actually read palms?' Sehun questioned quietly, leaning forward for privacy, deciding on hot chcolate as he placed the menu down. 

'She can do all sorts. Palmistry, tarot card readings, she used to be a fortune teller with a circus when she was younger. That's her up there.' Mila gestured to the wall behind Sehun, he swivelled in his chair and leant back in surpise at the portrait. The woman appeared to have a similar build to Mila, tall and healthy, the costume robes she wore were loose ariound her long arms and legs, fanning out around the chair she was posed in. Long, black hair fell around her slender neck, all the way toward her waist, framing the high cheekbones and straight nose. Sehun stared at the eyes in photograph, taking a glance back at Mila to make sure he wasn't imagining it, he swivelled in his chair a few times. Mila snorted at how comical he looked. 

'You have the same eyes!' Sehun exclaimed, as Mila nodded, he wondered how he hadn't noticed when she'd studied his palm earlier. 

'My mother had them too, I take after her.' Mila explained.

'Did you ever meet her?' Sehun asked carefully, he'd noticed how reluctant Mila seemed to talk about her mother, how the woman appeared to be absent from her life.

'No, she left my father when I was very young. That's when he returned to England.' Mila turned her face away to peer toward the front of the shop. Sehun griamced at the overwhelming sense of guilt he felt, the last thing he wasnted was to upset her.

'At least you know one thing about her...' Sehun mumbled, Mila tunred back to him, her eyebrows raised. 'If you take after her, she must have been beautiful.' Sehun stood up to order their drinks, but not before he caught Mila's gentle smile as he walked away.