Farm Boy 5

Farm Boy

WooHyun


He awoke exactly at 5:30 A.M. with Jin Ah in his arm. What happened? He could only remember her telling him to go to sleep. Why was she in his arms? His room was still dark so he couldn’t make out her distinct features. He felt her small nose rub against his thin shirt. He carefully cupped her face with his free hand and gently pushed her away. He discovered another problem—her arms. They were wrapped around his waist. His blood rushed faster through his veins. His eyes were shifty. This is not right, he thought, he shouldn’t be in bed with a girl. While he lied in bed for thirty minutes, he tried to find a reason for his fast heartbeat.

Jin Ah


She squeezed her arms, rubbed her nose against him and hummed a sleepy groan. Her eyes slowly opened and adjusted itself to the poorly lit room. The only light peeked under the curtains. She quickly sensed him then looked up. Their eyes met and stayed for a few second before she dramatically let go of him. Quickly, she checked herself—good, still has clothes on. “I’m sorry. I have a habit of hugging things when I sleep,” Wait, why does she have to apologize? He was the one who placed her on the bed in the first place. “Wait, how did I get up here?” she asked innocently.

“No clue,” he averted his eyes towards the door. “You should go back before Jae wake up,” he changed the topic.

“Oh you’re right!” she quickly got up from the bed and fast walked to her room. “Jae, wake up,” she tapped Jae’s shoulders. The little girl rolled around before waking up. “Let’s go home,” Jin Ah said.

“No!” Jae shouted. “I mean, can’t we eat breakfast first?”

“We bothered them too much already,” Why did she feel guilty all of a sudden? It’s not like anything happened last night, yeah, just sleeping with the owner’s son. No big deal…right? By the time they tidy up the room, the entire family was downstairs preparing breakfast.

“Jin Ah, you know I like WooHyun right? So can you support me?” Jae said as they walk down the stairs.

“Hah, sure,” she said with uncertainty. He was a hard worker, totally different from those city boys she knows back home. They entered the kitchen and right away WooHyun and Jin Ah shared an awkward eye contact. Jae saw it.

“Did something happen?” Jae asked.

“No. Hah, what are you talking about? He doesn’t like me as much as he likes you,” Jin Ah babbled.

“Really? How do you know?”

“I think he saw how hard you worked yesterday. I did nothing yesterday,”

“Hehe, that is true,” Jae happily skipped up to Mr. and Mrs. Nam to greet them. Why was this girl so excited about this family? They were farmers and she’s a city girl. Jin Ah was suddenly curious.

“Well, thank you for letting us stay for the night,” Jin Ah said as she approach the parents. “We’ll take out leave now,”

“I’ll walk you out,” Mr. Nam said.

“Oh…my go-,” Jin Ah whispered.

“OH MY GOSH! You forgot to roll the windows up?!” Jae shrieked. Everything was drenched. The car was wrecked.

“Oh hahaha what should we do now?” Mr. Nam chuckled. “I’ll get rid of this. WooHyun could take you guy home,”

“That would be GREAT!” Jae said too excitedly.

WooHyun was called out of the house. He led Jin Ah and Jae towards one of the three sheds. This one was different from the other two because it had an automatic garage instead of a manual one where you had to pull it up. A red and sleek Corvette was revealed. Jin Ah mentally dropped her jaw as it comes to view. “Oppa this is a cool car!” Jae gently glides her finger on it.

“Thanks. I don’t use it a lot,” he was looking at Jin Ah as if he was talking to only her. He opened the back door for Jae; she quickly entered. He then opened the front passenger door. Jin Ah suddenly became shy but still entered the car. She felt Jae’s eyes stabbing the back of her seat.

WooHyun


For the next many minutes, Jae tried to create long conversations which end up short. Meanwhile, Jin Ah sat there silently or occasionally napped. He constantly sneaked a glance at her. Was she mad about what happened last night? She was asleep though; she couldn’t know what happen. Why was he so concerned? Who cares? He was being a gentleman letting her sleep on the bed.

He dropped Jae off first. The girl was extremely sad but finally went inside her house. Jin Ah woke up from her short nap. She seemed eager to be home? Was being with him that bad? He hated himself for asking too many question. He started to question his feelings.