The beast

Beauty and the Beast... sort of

  

 “Once upon a time, there was a beautiful, young princess who lived in the biggest castle in the kingdom. She was incredibly smart and loved reading books. *flips page*But one day, her mother forced her to marry a prince who ruled a kingdom very far away from their own. The princess was forced to say goodbye to her love of books and become a queen. *flips page* However, the princess did not want to become a queen, so she ran away from home. She then got lost and stayed in the woods. *flips page* In the woods, lived a beast. The beast was heartless and cruel which made him ugly not only on the outside, but on the inside too. The beast captured the girl and so she was terrified. *flips page* After a while, the girl discovers the beast’s true identity. In order for the beast to return to his true form, the beast needs to overcome his heartlessness and learn to become kind-”

“Um… oppa, what does id-entit-y mean?” asks the 5 year old girl, Sun Hee, looking up to his big brother while having trouble with pronouncing the new word. Sun Hee shifted around her bed, waiting for an answer. Jaejoong’s eye twitched.

“ARE YOU KIDDING ME WITH THIS?!” Jaejoong shrieks while slamming the picture book closed, obviously annoyed with having to read a sappy fairy tale book to his little sister. Just because she’s sick, it doesn’t make me her personal nursemaid. Jaejoong complained in his mind. He felt like a complete idiot right now. He’s been entertaining his overly-positive little sister for a whole day, whether it was with magic tricks, Barbie dolls, tea parties or even playing dress up!!!! Jaejoong was 17 for goodness sakes!! He had at least SOME pride! Sun Hee’s eyebrows creased in worry as she covered her frightened face with her blankie.

“I’m sorry, oppa.” Sun Hee mumbled under her blankie. Jaejoong sighed and sat on the end of the little girl’s bed.

“Ahem.” Jaejoong’s father fake coughed while eyeing his son.

Jaejoong looked up and spun around to face his father. The fat old man frowned and mouthed the words ‘keep reading’. Jaejoong rolled his eyes and opened the picture book again.

“Yah. Sit up. Do you want me to read this to you or not?” asked Jaejoong while shaking his little sister’s shoulder that was still under the covers. Sun Hee popped out from under the blanket and shuffled towards her big brother so that she could take a closer look at the pictures of the book.

“Go on.” Sun Hee pleaded while looking up with puppy dog eyes towards her aggravated big brother. Jaejoong faced down and continued reading the book.

“The princess and the beast start to play with each other and get along. The princess realises that the beast was a very kind and caring person after all. *flips page* One day, the beast turns into a handsome man and the princess falls in love with the beast.” Jaejoong read as he flipped over to the next page. “And they lived happilyeverafterthend.” Jaejoong read the last bit really fast.

“Ouuhoo!!! Daddy!!” Sun Hee whined as she jumped up and down the bed which made it wobble faintly. What does she want NOW? Jaejoong thought as he sighed in frustration. Jaejoong’s dad walked towards them and patted Sun Hee on the head.

“I think your brother has already done enough, Sun Hee. You need to get some rest now. Wouldn’t want’cha gettin’ the cold again, okay?” asked Jaejoong’s dad in a soothing tone. Jaejoong stood up from the end of the bed as Sun Hee snuggled deep under her covers.

“Okay (cough) daddy.” Sun Hee replied as she let out a small cough.

“That’s ma’ girl.” Jaejoong’s dad praised as he gently rubbed So Hee’s shoulder. So Hee’s eyelids began to close slowly until they were fully shut as she was leaving the land of consciousness and entering her lollipop dreamland.

Hmph. For once she’s actually quiet. Jaejoong thought as he watched his five year old sister fall asleep.

“Oh! Jaejoong. I’ll need your help around the farm for a while.” Jaejoong’s father told his son. Jaejoong just nodded with a blank expression on his face as he began making his way out of the room.

“And Jaejoong, Boa will show you where I’ll need help, okay?” Jaejoong’s father asked as Jaejoong was halfway across from the door.

“I know. I know.” Jaejoong replied flatly as he exited his little sister’s room.

 

Sorry for the short chapter guys!!!! The next chapter is gonna be waaayyyyy better!! I PROMISE!! ^_^