The beauty

Beauty and the Beast... sort of

The Ims’ family’s mansion was a magnificent place. Outside was beautiful, there were gardens, fields and courtyards everywhere. Each of these, of course, held different things, and had amazing ranges of colours; from periwinkle blue to dark forest green.

Now if you thought outside was magnificent you just had to see the inside. True, it did not have the colours that the outside did, but all in all it was astonishing. The white stone walls shone with only a shine that they could pull off. The chandeliers and sunlight shone together which illuminated them so brilliantly. You can say it was like a castle where there were banners on some hallway walls, and suits of armour that you could have sworn moved. Doors would appear here and there, and some rooms even gave you exactly what you needed at that time.

If you wanted to get a good view of both inside and out, all you had to do was walk to the North tower, the tallest tower. Every castle needed a princess, right? Well, on that tower, you could sometimes spot a young girl with long, black hair to compliment her fair porcelain skin, standing on the ledge of the balcony. And here is where our story begins.  

The girl wasn’t so much like a princess though. Even though she came from a wealthy family and was pampered almost every day, she felt like there was something missing in her life. Yoona, don’t turn this into a cheesy angst session. The girl told herself. Yoona rested her chin on her hand and gazed at the blurry sky, letting the cool breeze flow the end of her white night gown.   

“YooOONAAAA!!!” a cranky voice yelled. Yoona raised her head and recognised who that voice belonged to. Choi Mi Ja. Or the devil witch as Yoona preferred to call her secretly.

Yoona turned around and walked swiftly down the endless flight of stairs, towards Mi Ja’s room. Mi Ja’s room was no ordinary room. It was a gigantic circular room with shelves-upon-shelves filled with fancy things of all kinds. Along the walls there were framed pictures of Mi Ja and a couple of lamps to light the room at night. In the middle of the room was Mi Ja’s bed. A beautiful wooden canopy with silky golden pillows and bedcovers that had the most magnificent armchair sitting beside it. The armchair was occupied by non-other than Mi Ja herself.

Mi Ja’s face looked almost ten years younger than her original age. She even had so much plastic surgery that there wasn’t a single wrinkle on her flawless face. Mi Ja was beautiful for her age and looked extremely like her daughter. But Yoona hated plastic surgery and Yoona’s face gave a more kind and innocent aura like her father. Too bad he’s on a business trip to Japan. Yoona thought. And on the inside, Mi Ja and Yoona were completely different.

“How can I be your mother, when you can’t be bothered to do your job. Which by the way, is fetching me bubbly water. Agua con buuble, comprende?” She ordered Yoona in a scary tone and speaking a foreign European language at the end. Since when did she start talking Italian?

Yoona sighed.

“I-I’m sorry. Besides, can’t you ask one of the maids to do it?” Yoona stuttered timidly. Oops. She shouldn’t have said that last part. Yoona completely forgot that the maids were no longer available. Mi Ja frowned and raised from her seat, revealing her threatening height.

“Who’s idea was it to let the maids go, huh? The maids are not working for this family anymore because a certain somebody felt ‘sorry’ for them and begged her father to let them have their so called freedom. Can you remember who it was?” Mi Ja snapped. Yoona kept her eyes glued to the floor so her menacing mother couldn’t see the tears that were welling up in Yoona’s eyes.

“M-me… I’m sorry mother…” Yoona said quietly while almost choking at the word ‘mother’.  She hated calling this lady her ‘mother’. A real mother wouldn’t do these things. Wouldn’t they?

“Don’t you forget who brought you into this world.” Mi Ja harshly informed Yoona while pointing a finger at her. I’d rather not be a part of this world. Yoona thought. “And don’t go anywhere near me unless I tell you so. You’re too clumsy and I hate your energy. It’s ugly and sad. And not to mention lonely.” Mi Ja demanded and snickered at the last part. She’s right. Yoona thought. I am clumsy. I can barely do anything besides schoolwork and I’m awfully terrible at sports. I’m too shy to talk to new people and I’m pretty sure the only reason why people want to become my friend is because I’m rich. I look a LOT like my mother so I must be ugly… (a/n: You’re not ugly, Yoong!!!!)

Yoona’s eyes turned red as she tried to stop the tears from running down before she responded. “Of course, mother… I’ll get you that bubbly water, mother.” Yoona replied in a calm voice and bowed. Yoona walked out of the room, not wanting to face her mother. Yoona was almost at the door way when suddenly, something crashed. It was a marble lampshade that was sitting peacefully on Mi Ja’s dresser until Yoona knocked it over with her arm. Yoona faced the smashed pieces and covered to hide her shocked expression. Yoona then turned to Mi Ja and saw her fuming with rage. Oh great. Now look what you’ve done, Yoona. Yoona quietly scolded herself.

Yoona wished the world would just end right now as she bent down and picked up some of the big pieces of the broken lampshade. “I’m sorry!” Yoona apologized, still not facing her mother.

When Yoona finished picking up the pieces, she carried them with both hands and began making her way out of the most hated room in the mansion.

“Do you feel that, Yoona?” asked her mother in a terrifying voice. Yoona stopped halfway in her tracks and thought about what Mi Ja meant. Nope. Couldn’t think of one.

“What?” Yoona asked, confused with the question.

“I’m choking you… FROM A DISTANCE!” Mi Ja yelled. Yoona just ignored her and continued walking with the broken pieces in her hands. How can you choke someone from a distance? Yoona thought. Yoona just shrugged and began making her way down the stairs to get the water.

Sorry for the super short chapter guys!!!!!!! The next chapters will have more YoonJae and I’ll try to update as soon as I can!!!!! YoonJae lovers please subscribe and comment!!! ^0^