The Fanzone (continued from Ch2)

Prince Charming, Just My Style

Continued from #2 Fanboy (Ch2), since it didn't have that many krisho moments. Same disclaimers. Still kinda crack-y.


 

“Psst, it’s your boyfriend.”

Suho glanced up from his planner and instantly wished he could turn back around.

Parked by the school gates was a shiny black car that looked like it had rolled fresh off of a magazine. Leaning against said car was an equally airbrushed-looking young man. He wore a tailored shirt, shiny black shoes, and dark pants that accentuated his long legs.  Dark sunglasses hid his eyes from view, but the smirk on his face was plain as day.

At Suho’s gaze, he lowered his sunglasses and winked at the younger boy.  Suho’s face flooded with color.

“Oh my gosh, this is exactly like that scene in Episode 5 of Yunho’s new drama, when Yunho surprises Go Ara at her workplace!”  Eunji stared at Kris, starry-eyed.  “Wait...do you think he did that on purpose?”

“Probably,” Suho muttered, ducking his reddening face and speed-walking to Kris’ car.  “Bye Eunji see you tomorrow, and do not put this in your fanfic.”

 

 

 

"Did you have to do that?" Suho complained, buckling in his seatbelt. Through the tinted window, he could see the open-mouthed gazes of his classmates. It wasn’t every day that their class president got picked up by a handsome moviestar-like stranger in an expensive car.

"Do what?" Kris took Suho’s schoolbag and tossed it in the back, ignoring Suho’s cry of protest.  He pushed his sunglasses back up his nose.

Suho sunk into his seat, even though he knew none of his classmates could see him.  “Make every place your personal runway,” he muttered.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.”  Kris reached over and handed Suho a shopping bag. Suho pulled out a black formal jacket.  “Put this on; your school uniform isn’t going to fly.”

“Why?" It was a nice jacket. Suho wondered how Kris knew his measurements.   "Where are we going?"

“Yunho and Changmin are holding a press conference.” Kris’s lips twitched smugly as he showed off a pair of tickets.  “I got us on the guest list.”

“…Oh.” Suho sighed. “Sounds…great.”

It wasn’t that Suho didn’t enjoy having an in to all of HOMINY’s events.  As one of Yunho’s top fansite masters, Kris received exclusive passes from HOMINY’s manager to important events, from fanmeets to concerts to even fashion shows. Eunji was practically seething with jealousy every time Suho updated her on his dates…if you could call them dates.

Since Suho’s awkward attempt at asking Kris out, they had spent a lot of time together.  That is, watching Yunho together. Suho had zero experience in the dating arena, but he was pretty sure watching another man was not a normal date activity.  Kris spent more time looking through his camera lens at Yunho than he did at Suho, who found himself with the job of carrying Kris’ extensive camera equipment.  When they hung out at cafes, Kris would always be busy looking through his photos and asking Suho which shots he should publish onto 6ftplus.net or save for future photobooks. It wasn’t a bad way to pass time, but sometimes Suho wished Kris would look at him with the same intense concentration he reserved for Yunho and his pictures.

 

 

 

“So, what’s it like dating a mature, older man?”

“He’s only three years older--”

“Shh, I’m working on a forbidden student-teacher relationship fic right now; work with me here,”

“You what?”

“So tell me, how good of a lover is Kris?” Eunji continued, notepad in hand.

“That’s none of your business!”

“Suho, my reputation is at stake! I need to write a realistic love scene that will touch my readers’ souls.”

“Nothing you write is realistic,” Suho muttered, turning back to his homework.

“Would you say he’s the passionate type--”

“No--”

“the tender loving type--”

“No--”

“or the wild feral rip-your-clothes-off-with-his-teeth type--”

“NO!”

“Have you even done anything?” Eunji demanded, throwing her pencil down.

Suho was suspiciously silent.

“Suho…” Eunji’s eyes narrowed.  “Don’t tell me I wrote sixteen chapters of agonizing buildup for nothing…”

“Guess you’ll just have to abandon the story,” Suho replied tonelessly.  “What a shame.”

 

Still, Eunji’s words weighed heavy on Suho’s mind. 

Nothing.  

Suho Kim was a star student. There was nothing he couldn’t do. For the past four years, his name always appeared at the top of every exam result. He could integrate arguments into a persuasive essay and fractions into logs. He could recite the name of every president in chronological, alphabetical, and total-debt-incurred order. He could give a fifteen-minute speech on the pros and cons of mandatory dress code, while smiling winningly, while doing pushups, without breaking a sweat.

Getting a guy to notice you couldn’t be that hard.

 

 

"Of course it's not hard!  You asked exactly the right person.” Eunji ushered Suho into her living room. “Sit, sit.  I know all about winning over a man. Kris will be your lover in no time.”

“Have you ever been with anyone?” asked Suho doubtfully, as he let Eunji push him onto the couch.

Eunji ignored his question.  “I’ll gather the materials.” 

"Materials?" Suho watched as Eunji loaded up her TV, and a familiar title sequence flashed across the screen.  “What’s this?”

“…what kind of Homy are you!? It’s Yunho’s critically-acclaimed drama, Reply 1998!

“I don’t have time to watch TV," Suho sighed.  He should've known Eunji would be useless. "Look, never mind, I should get back home so I can start on my essay—“

“Suho Kim, SIT YOUR SKINNY--but very nice don't worry-- DOWN.”

Suho gulped.  It was at times like these when he realized why half the guys in the class were terrified of Eunji.

 

“Oppa, marry to me!”

“It’s marry me.”

 

“That is pretty cute,” Suho admitted, as he watched Yunho smile down at the smitten girl.  Maybe he should start watching more TV.  Eunji was too busy swooning to agree.

 

 

 

Blonde hair set on fire by the setting sun.  Dark piercing eyes that could bore into your soul.  Thick eyebrows furrowed in concentration. Pink lips that…hm, what kind of lip balm did Kris have on?  Suho’s eyes flitted from his notebook page as he stole glances at his seatmate’s face.

“So handsome…”

“Huh?”  Kris looked up from his laptop and Suho flushed, realizing he’d spoken aloud.  “Oh, you mean this picture of Yunho? Definitely.”

They were at the city library, a.k.a. Suho’s favorite date location. It was all quiet on the fourth floor.  Suho was finishing up his homework, while Kris was looking through pictures on his camera, weeding out blurry and/or unflattering shots of Yunho. Currently, his laptop screen displayed a shirtless Yunho from the recent HOMINY concert.

I have abs too...  Suho wondered whether he should tell Kris, or offer to show them.  Not that he was trying to compete with Yunho-ssi, but it couldn’t hurt to let Kris know that six-packs weren’t a Yunho-only commodity.  As Suho tried to think of an appropriate segue, Kris clicked through his remaining pictures.

“I like that picture,” Suho suggested. Kris paused. “I think it captures his side profile very well, and it shows how caring he is towards his fans.”

Kris examined the photo.  “You’re the fan that he’s talking to in the picture.”

“Oh really? What a coincidence.”

Kris smiled at him.  “I’ll make the picture into a poster for you, if you want.”

Suho nodded excitedly, before he felt his phone buzz. 

Have you done it yet????  Don’t worry that scene is classic Kris will fall for it for sure. Btw Chorong, Naeun, Hayoung, Bomi, Namjoo, and all my readers say good luck!  Oh yeah I told them all about it hope you don’t mind! ^^b

Right.  He was on a mission.  Killing Eunji could come later.  Suho took a deep breath. He fixed his tie and checked his reflection in the surface of his binder.  After glancing around the empty floor and making sure his only witnesses were the bookcases and computers, and that the exit was in clear view, Suho cleared his throat.

“Kris, um, can you help me with my English homework?”

Kris looked up from his laptop. “Sure.”

Nervously, Suho pushed his notebook over to Kris. There were only three words on the page.

Kiss to me.

“Hm.”  Kris studied the sentence, his expression unreadable.  Suho’s heart pounded, and he clenched his fists together tightly. “Yeah… I can help with that.”

“R-really?”  Suho scooted closer so that his and Kris' arms were lightly touching.  He his lips, making sure they weren’t too dry. Perfect.

“It’s kiss me,” Kris corrected, tapping the middle word, nodding expertly.  “No to.”

“Oh. Thank you.”  Suho erased the incorrect word.  Then, he waited.

“No problem.” Kris returned to editing his photos.  The seconds ticked loudly by on the library clock.  Suho blinked, confused.

Had he not sounded flirty enough? 

Did Kris not know what kiss meant? 

Did kiss have another meaning in English?

Did he write kiss incorrectly?

“Anything else you want me to look over?” Kris asked, as Suho’s pencil had been frozen in position for the past minute.

Suho shook his head, shaking his thoughts loose.  He quickly flipped the page over.  “No,” he said shortly, glaring at his notebook.  He should never have relied on Eunji or a stupid TV show for help. Maybe these lines only worked for people like Yunho.

Then Kris laughed, and Suho looked up from his work to see if he’d caught a particularly embarrassing picture of Yunho.  Instead, Kris leaned down and kissed him.

At the touch of Kris’ lips, Suho’s mind shut down.

Oh my god.

 

“Oh my god!” Eunji shrieked into her phone. “Wait, hold on a sec.”

She opened her notebook to a page labeled Chapter 17 and whipped out her pen.

“Ok, now tell me everything. Be as detailed as possible.”

 

 

 

Suho didn't like to brag, but personally he thought he was getting pretty good at this whole dating thing.  He could feel himself maturing with each day, making up for his lost youth.  Kris no longer ended their dates a.k.a. Yunho-watching sessions with a pat on the head. Their kisses grew exponentially longer in duration--Suho had timed them and plotted them on a graph, which was gaining more data points by the day.  Love was wonderful.  As HOMINY would sing, “My days without you, I don't know where to start.”

By the time Suho walked into his dorm room on his first day of university, he was sure he could handle anything life threw at him.  

The first thing he saw was a smiling female face covering his entire wall. Her eye was the size of his head.

“Hey!  I hope you don’t mind!” Sitting on the bottom bunk of their shared bunk bed was a tall, wide-eyed boy, whom Suho guessed was his roommate.  The boy gestured proudly to the giant Sandara Park poster.  “I’m a huge Blackjack!”

“I’m a Homy,” Suho reassured him, glancing around for an empty wall space to hang his own similarly-sized Yunho poster.  He settled for the ceiling, above his bed. 

 

Despite being a mature, levelheaded, and responsible university student, Suho was still a young man.  He had regular young man urges.  For example, he liked to release stress by doing a few dozen math problems by hand. But lately, solving equations just didn’t cut it anymore, not when Kris' face and touches filled his dreams. He wanted more. Exponentially increasing kisses were nice and all, but Suho wanted a step function. He was ready for the next level.

Eunji and Chanyeol, loyal friends that they were, tried to help.  Each afternoon, they drew on the rich and endless resource that was Yunho's romantic dramas. But Kris proved to be more resilient than they envisioned.

“I like your shirt.” Suho reached over to trail his hand down Kris’ arm, hoping that he looked as seductive as Yunho's costar had while doing so.  But Kris’ shirt was softer than he expected, and Suho got distracted and ended up sort of patting it like a puppy.

“Huh?” Kris looked up from his laptop and smiled. "Thanks. Hey, what do you think of this caption for this picture?”

Suho glanced at Kris' screen—yet another picture of Yunho.  "Sure, that's nice.  Um, Kris…”  Suho tried to remember his favorite line from Yunho's dramas.  "Kris, you...you're like the rainbow of my sky..."

“Perfect,” said Kris appreciatively, replacing his caption with Suho’s words. 

Suho sighed, frustrated.  He dropped his hand and sipped grumpily on his milkshake.  Seriously, what did a guy have to do to get noticed?  He pouted. 

When he looked up again, Kris was staring at him, a wide smile on his usually stoic face.  

“What is it?” Suho asked, still pouting. He put down the cup to his lips.

“Nothing.” Kris reached out with a napkin to wipe Suho's mouth.  “You’re just so cute.”  Then, he seemed to realize what he’d just said and done.  He dropped the napkin with an embarrassed cough and quickly pushed his sunglasses up higher on his nose, reassuming his stoic fashion-model expression.  He shoved his laptop in Suho’s direction.  "Ahem. Uh. What about this picture?"

 

 

Cute.  Later that night, Suho glared up at his Yunho poster.  Not ‘handsome.’ Not ‘y.’   Not Yunho.

For the first time, Suho really felt like ripping up the poster.

“I hate you!” Suho yelled, flinging his pillow at Yunho's glossy face.

The pillow flopped back down onto his bed.  Yunho smiled kindly back at him, and Suho regretted his harsh words instantly.

“I’m sorry, Yunho-ssi. It's not your fault. I’ll work harder.  Fighting!”

“nnnnghghh Suho I’m on a date with Dara noona be quiet,” Chanyeol groaned from his bunk below, lost in a dream.

 

The next morning, Suho was still not in a good mood.  To make matters worse, he woke to the sound of Eunji and Chanyeol’s excited and unwelcome chattering. To Suho's dismay, they had become fast friends. In addition to being overly invested in Suho's love life, the two shared many interests.

“We have the same family name,” Eunji was telling Chanyeol.  “Jung. It’s clearly meant to be!”

“I know what you mean!” Chanyeol agreed.  “I mean, what are the odds that Sandara noona and I both share this common thread of destiny?”

“Pretty high, since Park is the third most common last name in the country,” Suho called groggily from his bed.

Eunji and Chanyeol glared up at him.

“Don’t mind him; he’s grumpy because his boyfriend won’t put out,” Eunji whispered loudly.

Suho flopped back onto his bed, sulking.  His friends . Poster Yunho stared sympathetically down at him.  Suho bet Changmin never made fun of Yunho, ever.

 

 

 

“Don’t worry,” said Eunji confidently.  “Yunho did this for Hominy’s latest comeback, and his male fanbase increased by 10%!”

“I don’t know…” Suho replied nervously as they waited in the salon.  Though, he had to admit, Yunho’s current hair color did suit him pretty well.

“Relax. THis place is magic.  Chorong-unnie got her hair cut here, and now no one mistakes her for a middle schooler.”

Their turn came up.  A skinny boy with rainbow hair hopped off his chair and walked over to the payment counter.  His hairdresser swept up the seat area, before approaching Suho and Eunji.

“4 o’clock appointment for Suho…Nolife…Kim?” Suho glared at Eunji.  The hairdresser smiled down at him. “What will we be having today, Mr. Kim?”

“Um…” Suho glanced nervously at the rainbow-haired boy.  “Nothing too dramatic…”

“All blonde,” Eunji interrupted.

 

An hour later, Suho stared at the mirror in horror.

“I look…”

“Hot? y?  Not cute anymore? ”

“…like a delinquent!  What am I going to tell my parents?!”  Suho could feel his world crumbling down around him.  He'd never be taken seriously again.  He could say goodbye to his plans of being part of the university's student government.  Or being a professor; Suho was pretty sure he'd never seen or heard of a blonde South Korean professor in his life, progressive as the times were.  “I changed my mind, I want to be boring again!  Wait, Eunji, no!  Let me back in…! Eunji…!”

Eunji sighed as she dragged Suho out the salon.   You could paint stripes on a workhorse, but that didn't make it a zebra.

 

 

 

“Aren’t you hot?”

“Nope.” Suho tugged resolutely on his beanie, thankful that Eunji hadn’t thought to dye his eyebrows as well.  With luck, he would be able to get through tonight without showing a strand of his hair.  Then, maybe he could beg one of his seniors to drive him back to the hair salon and undo this mistake.  In a few years, this would just be a distant memory, chalked up to the follies of youth... 

To his dismay, Kris pulled up next to a five-star Italian restaurant.  

"It's Yunho's favorite place in the city," Kris explained to a paling Suho.  "I thought it would be nice, to celebrate Yunho's win as the Artist of the Year."

Suho smiled weakly.  He couldn't wear a hat indoors; that wasn't right.  As they sat down, his manners won out.  Reluctantly, Suho slipped off his beanie, praying that Kris wouldn’t notice.

There was violent coughing on the other side of the table as Kris choked on his water.

"You…”

“How’s senior year?” Suho asked desperately.  “What classes are you taking?  Wow, these forks are really shiny.  I really like this tablecloth; I wonder where I could get one--”

“But you…”

“Let’s talk about Yunho!” There was no way Kris could resist that.  “Artist of the Year, wow!  Did you read his latest interview?  He looked really cool in that magazine, right?  I liked his quote about working hard and persevering through difficult situations.  By the way did you know I was interviewed last week by my school’s—”

“Hair.” Kris choked.

“Oh.” Suho trailed off, and he smiled nervously. “Yes, that.”

Still coughing, Kris took a large gulp of his water. 

“So, um, what do you think about it?” Suho asked, after the silence had grown a bit too pregnant for his liking.

"It's...different," was all Kris said.

That wasn’t quite the exciting, hormone-ridden response Eunji had promised, but it also wasn’t the revulsion Suho had feared.  Suho relaxed into his chair, relieved and slightly disappointed.

Eventually, Kris seemed to get over his shock, and they spent a nice dinner discussing Yunho's illustrious career.  No mention was made of Suho’s hair again.

Still, Kris didn't stop staring at the space above Suho’s face during the entire meal, or during the car ride back.  He kept drumming his fingers against the steering wheel, stealing looks at a fidgeting Suho.  When they pulled up in the street by Suho's dorm, Kris turned off the ignition, and Suho unbuckled his seatbelt, expecting a three minute fifty second kiss tonight. 

To his surprise, Kris pulled him onto his lap.

 

 

“I told you!” Eunji said triumphantly.  “No Homy can resist the Yunho blonde.  Okay, next step: you should definitely go to SPAO.”

“Why?”

“Yunho’s favorite brands are SPAO and Beanpole,” Eunji explained, pulling out her binder of Yunho endorsements and advertisements, arranged by year.  She flipped through the carefully-clipped magazine pages.  “His favorite item this season is SPAO’s ‘rugged bomber jacket,’ so make sure to get that.  Hm…and his favorite cologne is ‘Eau de Charisma,’ so make sure to buy that. Also, he likes King’s Instant Meals; you can get those at the supermarket…”

Suho nodded, scribbling Eunji’s instructions into his notebook. He was on a roll. There was no way Kris would be able to resist him now!

 

 

“I’m not sure it’s working…”  A frustrated Suho informed Eunji two weeks later.  Kris had been giving Suho increasingly intense stares lately, but they had led nowhere.  He still treated Suho like a camera assistant / photo consultant that he constantly patted on the head and occasionally made out with.  And he still called Suho "cute."  Seventeen times this week.  Suho had counted.

“Did you wear Yunho’s clothes?”

“Yes.”

“His cologne?"

“Yes.”

"Do that umbrella move from his drama?"

“Yes.” Suho had waited three days for rain so that he could reenact it. “It didn’t work. The umbrella broke.”

“Hm...” Eunji looked thoughtful.  “Well, there is one more thing you can try, but you might not like it...Yunho and Changmin did this for their last concert tour and their male fanbase increased by 30%!”

“Where do you even get these statistics?” Suho asked suspiciously, as he tried to recall HOMINY's many outlandish concert gags.

Eunji waved off the question.  “Just promise you won’t kill me.”

“Why would I…?”

“HEY!” Chanyeol burst into the dorm room, shopping bag in hand.  “I got your text!  I got the dress!  I’m ready!  Where’s Suho?”

Suho stared at the red lacy material peeking out of the shopping bag in horror, comprehension dawning.  HOMINY’s Something crossdressing stage. 

“No.  No!”

 

 

“I hate you.  Both of you.”

“Just come out of the closet,” Eunji coaxed.  “I bet you look beautiful. Um, don’t mind the camera-shaped…toy I’m holding. It's fake.”

“Yeah!  Come on!”  In Suho’s opinion, Chanyeol seemed a bit too excited about his transformation. "It's not a big deal. I crossdressed for a competition in high school, and I won first place! I can teach you how to walk in heels!"

With great reluctance, Suho poked his head out, then his torso.  Eunji smiled encouragingly, eyes glinting.  Sighing, Suho adjusted his wig and clomped clumsily out, holding the closet door for support.  The instant he was fully visible, a light flashed in his face.

“Say oppa!”

“Put that camera away!” Suho cried, fleeing back into the closet.  

Chanyeol’s mouth dropped open, and he flashed a guilty look toward his Sandara poster as if to assure her of his faithfulness.  Meanwhile, Eunji looked enviously at her friend’s retreating legs.  What a shame that they were completely wasted on a boring no-life guy like Suho.

 

 

 

“Suho.”  Kris took a deep breath, looking uncomortable but determined.  “I need to talk to you about something.  But…don’t get upset. I'm saying this because I care about you...”

Suho froze over his rice, ice forming in his throat.  He knew what was coming. Yunho had used the exact same lines on his first girlfriend in Reply 1998 to break up with her.  No, this couldn’t be happening.  Suho’s hands tightened around his napkin, thoughts racing.  

Was it his hair? Did Kris actually hate it?

Was he a bad kisser?

Should he not have suggested going to the museum together for a fun and educational afternoon?

Did Kris get tired of him?

Was he too immature?

Not tall enough?

Didn’t pull off the rugged bomber jacket as well as Yunho?

Maybe Kris had found a Yunho doppleganger?

Maybe…Kris was having an affair with YUNHO himself?!?!

“Suho,” Kris began slowly, as images of Kris and Yunho interlocked in a passionate embrace overtook a horrified Suho.  “I’ve noticed…lately, you seem to be, uh, adopting Yunho’s style...”

…and it’s made me realize there’s no way you’ll ever compare, Suho finished bitterly in his mind.

“…I get that you admire him a lot—I do too—but you know…you don’t have to copy him.  Being a fan doesn't mean you have to…wait, Suho!  Suho, I’m sorry!  Don’t cry!” Kris looked horrified as Suho’s breathing grew labored. 

“Just say it!” Suho yelled.  “You like him! I’m not good enough!”

Kris blinked.  “What…?”

“Fine! Why don’t you just go date Yunho instead?”

“Why would I…”

“I mean, you might as well be dating him anyway! You spend more time looking at him than at me.”

“But I’m his fansite master...”

“Can’t we ever do something that doesn’t involve Yunho?”

Kris looked baffled. “I…I thought you enjoyed it…”

Suho gritted his teeth. He could feel his eyes burning, the product of weeks of frustration and insecurity, but he refused to cry in public.  “You don't have to say any more; I get it. I’ll stop trying to measure up to something I’ll never be. Now excuse me; I’m going to go home now and change out of this stupid dress.”  With that, he stood and stormed out the restaurant.

Kris stared after him in frozen shock, for the first time noticing the lacy material peeking out between Suho’s shirt and pants. 

“…dress?”

 

 

"Chanyeol,” said Suho in a dangerous voice. “I told you not to let him in.”

“I’m sorry!” Chanyeol cried, wide eyes filled with guilt.  “But he gave me front row tickets to the Dream Concert and 2NE1 is gonna be there and…”

“Just leave, Chanyeol,” Suho sighed.

Whimpering, Chanyeol shuffled out of the room.  Suho stared steadfastly back down at his book, ignoring the new presence in the room.

“So, uh, I brought leftovers…”

“I already had dinner.  King’s Instant Meal, Zesty Chicken Curry, fortified with twelve vitamins and a punch of flavor.”

“...that’s Yunho’s favorite instant meal brand.”

“Of course you’d know,” Suho muttered.  “Do you know my favorite food?”

“Sushi, and noodles,” Kris replied slowly.  “Suho, we should talk.”

“No!” Suho interrupted. Even though he knew what Kris wanted, he wasn't quite ready for the imminent breakup. “Not tonight.  I have a lot of work tonight. And tomorrow.  This whole week, actually…”

“Suho,” Kris insisted.  Suho's hand clenched around his pencil. 

“Fine." he said shortly, trembling. "L-let’s break up then.  Now leave, please.”

“What?!” Kris nearly dropped the takeout container in shock.  He put it down on the table and grabbed Suho by the shoulders. “Hold on. I don’t understand.  Did I do something?"

“No, it’s me." Suho sniffed. "I know…I’m not your type."

“O...kay.” Kris said slowly, frowning.  “And what do you think my ‘type’ is?”

“Someone like Yunho,” Suho mumbled.  “Tall.  Cool.  Not me.”

“You are pretty small,” Kris agreed, still looking lost.

“Yes, thank you for the reminder,” Suho said bitterly, returning to his homework.  “Anyway, I have a lot of reading, and I’m sure you have a busy night with Yunho.  Have fun compiling all your tall, cool Yunho pictures for your tall, cool photobook for your tall, cool fansite.”

"Hey, hold on." Comprehension was seeping into Kris’ face.  He grabbed the book out from under Suho's hands.  “You want to know what my type is?”

“No--” Suho replied, reaching for his book, but Kris pulled it out of range.

“My type is 174 centimeters tall. Dark-haired-but-recently-blonde…though he should dye his roots. Extremely pale...”

“Do you think this is funny?!” Suho demanded. “Give me my book back!”

Kris twirled Suho's chair around, forcing him to look straight at him.  “…extremely cute, extremely handsome, and extremely pretty." He leaned in.  "You’re exactly my type,” he said against Suho’s lips, before kissing him. "Not. Yunho."

Suho’s eyes were wide when he pulled away. 

“So…you’re not breaking up with me?”

No.”

"Are you sure?"

"Yes." Kris frowned.  "Though I'm starting to think you want me to…"

"NO!" Suho hugged on to Kris.  “Let’s un-break up.”

"Thank god."  Kris sighed. “But, uh, we should still talk about this.  Does my being a fansite master really bother you? I know it’s weird, for a college guy to spend his time running one...”

“It’s not weird.”  Suho assured.  He knew how much pride and care Kris put into his work, designing photobooks and goods.  Suho felt the exact same way about his extra credit math assignments.  “We all have our hobbies.  You’re good at it.  And it makes you happy."

"I'm happier with you though," Kris promised.  "If you don’t like the fansite thing…I can, uh…I can...quit." He sounded suspiciously choked-up as he said it.

"No! You don't have to." Suho wasn't so heartless as to deprive the world of Yunho's glory, immortalized in HD 2D.  "But...can we just sometimes try doing things that don't involve Yunho or HOMINY?"

Kris nodded, looking relieved. "We could go to that museum you were talking about."

"Yeah!" Suho beamed. "They have an exhibit on the Red Sea ecosystem right now.”

“I also have a couple’s coupon for the Stargazing Center. I heard the Cassiopeia is supposed to show up really well this week.”

Suho nodded, feeling a weight lifted off his chest. Finally, no more third-wheeling with Yunho on their dates! Still, he just had to make sure. “You wouldn’t leave me for Yunho, right?”

"Never," Kris assured.  “I respect Yunho, but he's not the guy I love.” Suho’s eye widened. Did Kris mean...?  “I’m only his #1 fanboy.”

“#2,” Suho corrected automatically.  “Um, and…he’s not the guy I love either."

 

 

“So." Kris coughed.  "About that dress you're wearing..."

"It’s Eunji and Chanyeol's fault!” Instantly, Suho's fuzzy feelings were doused by a fresh wave of embarrassment.  What had he been thinking? “I don’t want to talk about it.”

“Fine, no talking,” Kris agreed, a strange expression crossing his face.  Suho squirmed as Kris stared at him, suddenly feeling self-conscious.  

"Actually, I should probably take the thing off, before I sweat through it. Um, I'll go change--”

“I’ll help you."

 

“But I-I thought you didn’t like me copying Yunho,” Suho stuttered, baffled.  As it turned out, Kris’ idea of “help” consisted of more touching than was necessary. 

A lot more.

"I like the things you do because it's you," Kris replied. "Stop talking about Yunho." He’d pulled off Suho’s shirt and pants, so that Suho was now in only the feathery dress. He'd also convinced Suho to put on the wig and heels that Chanyeol had (with surprisingly good taste) picked out.  

Suho had drawn the line at calling Kris oppa though. Maybe someday, if he was drunk enough.

“Do you want me to stop?” Kris asked. 

 “N-no...” Suho gulped, half-mortified and half sort-of maybe . Kris’ hand was so warm; he could feel the heat of it through the layer of fabric. “Keep...going...”

Smirking, Kris slowly ped the dress, his long fingers Suho's skin. Suho didn’t think he’d ever been this breathless his whole life, not even when he’d watched Yunho’s shirtless concert fancams.  He let Kris push him down on the bottom bunk bed, sending a mental apology to Chanyeol.  Obviously they couldn’t do anything in Suho’s bed on the top bunk; Suho didn’t think he’d be able to get it up with Yunho’s giant face smiling encouragingly down at them. 

“Hey Suho,” Kris murmured into Suho’s ear.

“W-what,” Suho squeaked.

Kris kissed his shoulder and whispered, “I got you…under my skin.”

There was a few seconds of silence.

Suho grabbed a pillow and whacked Kris in the face.

No Yunho in the bedroom either!”  

 

 

 

 

“…I thought it was hot,” Kris muttered into the carpet, having been kicked onto the floor.