#2 Fanboy

Prince Charming, Just My Style

Disclaimer this story contains: 1. inaccurate portrayal of k fandom / k high school 2. lots of APink Eunji based on her Reply 1997 fangirl character. 3. "fanfic" written about a 17yo (high school senior) suho and 20ish yo kris. As with all my stories, this isn't meant to be serious at all. =)

 

IOb7GrvcFomN1gyWWPWtLUGdUfPjga988HXJmFvy(from We got married)

0E7FIPccJeSKoumliOuhy9V2KzNgCk5-aZAQxJo9(from Reply 1997. why you shouldn't bring fanfic to class)

 

.



 

 

When blurry snapshots of a newly-blonde/blue-haired Yunho and Changmin began flooding the interwebs, there was only one word resounding in every Homy's mind:

Comeback.

 

“Oh not again,” Mr. Jung groaned as his daughter’s wailing filled the apartment.

“APPPPAA!” Eunji shrieked as she raced down the stairs, dressed in her Proud Homy hoodie. She had HOMINY's past 11 albums--repackaged versions included--clutched against her chest.  “Guess what guess what guess what?”

“Honey, hide my wallet,” Mr. Jung mock whispered to his wife. “It’s that time of the year again.”

“Appa, you don’t understand!  This is their biggest comeback yet!”

“Funny how they seem to get bigger each time,” Mr. Jung remarked, ignoring his daughter’s puppy eyes. “Speaking of big events, I received your practice test scores from the school this morning.”

“Oh. Uh,” Eunji deflated slightly.  “Yeah, about that...”

“Eunji,” Mrs. Jung sighed from the behind her husband as she put down her spatula.  “I know you’re a smart girl, if only you’d apply yourself…”

“It’s alright, honey,” Mr. Jung assured his wife. “I know exactly how to handle this.”  He then turned to his daughter.  Sensing an upcoming deal, his daughter straightened. “One album, for every score above a 90.”

“Hmph…” Eunji looked consideringly at her father.  “And if I get above a 95…?”

“Then I’ll buy you an album and I’ll allow you to attend one of those wild animal gatherings.”

“Ha ha, dad. It’s called a fansign.  And deal.  Let me just write up a contract.”

Mr. Jung smiled as his daughter raced back up the stairs.  He had taught her well.

“You shouldn’t encourage her,” Mrs. Jung scolded as she turned off the stove. “She’s much too old to be wasting her time over those silly bands.”

“Honey, if I recall correctly, you used to be a H.O.T. fangirl back in the day. Whenever I visited, you had Tony’s posters plastered over every inch of your dorm room--”

“EUNJI, DEAR, DINNER IS READY!”

 

---

Despite her seemingly scatterbrained attitude, Jung Eunji wasn’t stupid.  Far from it. Much to everyone’s shock, she had managed to test into one of Seoul’s most prestigious high schools when she was 14, thanks to her father’s bribes encouragement. Motivated by similar encouragement and her undying love for Yunho, she continued to stay afloat academically for the next three years. Nothing else mattered to Eunji besides becoming Mrs. Yunho Jung, once she was old enough to afford a nose like Go Ara's (Yunho's current drama costar and rumored girlfriend). In the meantime, she found ways to survive school. While doing her literature and history reading, she replaced the main characters’ names with 'Yunho' and 'Changmin.'  She memorized the required poems to the beat of Yunho’s powerful raps. She did her trigonometry homework with Triangle playing in the background and her astronomy homework to Rising Sun.  

And most importantly, for Eunji, study period was the sacred Fanfic Time.

 

Changmin blushed prettily as Yunho tenderly embraced him in his extremely strong and buff-ly toned arms. It was like melting in an extra-large bowl of hot chocolate with cinammon sprinkled in.

“Yunho, what are you doing?” he whispered. “You know we can’t.  Your fiance…”

“Shh, don’t think about that,” his handsome lover replied in his deep rumbling voice.  “Today, it’s just you and me.”

Changmin tried to resist.  He had fallen down this treacherous path too many times...he should know better now.  But one look into Yunho’s smoldering intensely smexy eyes and he was lost forever like a fish in the Eastern Sea swept up by the tide gasping for breath (do fish breathe? research this later) unable to escape drowning in lust……

 

A shadow fell over her page. “You’re supposed to be working on your math assignment,” came a familiar, pleasant but bland voice.

“C-Class president!” Eunji gasped, slamming a hand over her sheet.  But it was too late.  She knew Kim Suho had caught sight of the shirtless Yunho photocard, placed next to her page for inspiration.

Eyebrow raised, Suho held out a hand.  

Wordlessly, Eunji handed her scribbled page to him.

“The photocard, too.”

Scowling, Eunji handed that over as well.

Eunji slumped into her seat as Suho scanned the page, his brows furrowing with every passing second.  She could already hear the judgment that was going to pass out of his lips any second… God, to be caught by the straightlaced class president...He’d probably run screaming to the teacher any second now, reporting her for her corrupted mind...

“It needs a bit of polishing.”

“huh?” Eunji lifted her head in surprise.

“You seem to struggle a bit with run-on sentences and an overuse of descriptors. Sometimes, less is more. And ‘smexy’ is not a real word. Don’t worry, it’s nothing that a few pointers can't fix.”  Suho gave her a reassuring smile as he returned her paper.  “Meet me at lunch, and we can go over your paper for edits.”  

He then moved on to the next row of students, leaving a gaping Eunji.

It was only two classes later that Eunji realized Suho hadn’t returned her Yunho photocard.

 

The collaboration between Eunji and her new editor flourished. Under Suho’s keen eye for grammar and structure, Eunji’s e romances took structured form.  Eunji quickly rose in the ranks of HOMINY fanfic writers, and author MrsEunHoJung became a household name amongst Homin shippers throughout South Korea.  It became a daily routine for Eunji to hand Suho her latest chapter every morning and for them to meet at lunch to discuss Suho’s edits.

“Wait,” Eunji asked one lunch period, as Suho rambled on about her glaring plot hole. “How do you know Yunho is allergic to all shellfish except for shrimp…?”

Suho fell silent.

Eunji stared at Suho, the pieces clicking into place.  “You’re a Yunho stan, aren’t you.”

“I-I’m not.”  Suho denied, looking away.

“Oh my god, you so are.  No wonder you kept my photocard. You’re a secret fanboy!” Eunji squealed.  “Hey, so what did you think of Yunho’s new hairstyle for last week’s Inkigayo? Yay or nay?”

“I have no opinion on the matter,” Suho replied stiffly.  “But Ilikedhishairbetterpushedback. Now, as I was saying about that paragraph…”

 

---

As much as Eunji hated to admit it, her father was sort of right when he called HOMINY’s events “wild animal gatherings.”  The venues were always a mess of screaming fangirls, pushing at each other to get the optimal position for photos.  It was impossible to be at the very front, unless you a) arrived at the venue early, b) bribed people, c) were ridiculously good looking.

Or, if you d) were male.

After some clever tactics (aka, calling a redfaced Suho “oppa” and giving him all of her extra shirtless Yunho photocards) Eunji managed to convince Suho to accompany her to HOMINY’s first promotional fanmeet. At the rare sight of a boy--and a cute one at that--the fangirls around them fell silent in awe, stepping back to allow the pair to pass.  Eunji strode imperiously through, dragging along a rapidly bowing Suho.

Near the front, she spotted a cluster of her fandom friends.

“Eunji! ...wow, is this your boyfriend?”

“Hey Naeun. This is my classmate Suho; he’s a huge Yunho fan.”

“Eunji!” Suho hissed, looking extremely embarrassed.  Straightening, he bowed and informed the girls, “I’m just accompanying her; I’m no one’s fan”

“Oh...”  Chorong and Naeun blushed as they made room for Suho and Eunji. “Um, but you’re still going to talk to Yunho, right?”

“I...can I do that?” Suho asked in amazement.

“Of course!” snapped Eunji. “It’s a fansign! I didn’t work my off for that math test for nothing! Suho, hold my camera.”

Suho obeyed, staring bewildered at the monstrous lens in his hand.  Meanwhile, excited screams filled the air.

“Are they here already?” Suho asked nervously, fiddling with his uniform tie.

“Nah, we still have half an hour.  It’s probably just Kris.”

“Kris…?”

"Yeah, Yunho's overrated #1 fanboy."

"Yunho has a #1 fanboy...?"

A tall, blonde figure strode into the room, a camera slung around his neck and sunglasses on his face, contained screams following in his wake.  Apparently, he had his own legion of fans. He towered above the crowd, who immediately parted to let him through.  As he approached the front, the blonde male glanced over at Eunji and her friends, giving a double-take when he spotted Suho.

Suho flashed a polite smile and waved. But instead of returning the gesture, the man curled his lip into a disdainful sneer before he turned and made his way deliberately to the other side of the stage.

“Wow, rude…” Eunji muttered. Suho frowned in agreement.

 

---

Rude or not, there wasn't a single self-respecting Homy in South Korea who didn't know about Kris Wu.  Kris Wu, also known as "Yunho's #1 fanboy," was a 6-foot-tall young man with model-like features and sleek fashion sense.  He singlehandedly ran 6ftplus.net, one of the largest HOMINY fansites in South Korea.  His height and expensive cameras afforded him coveted HD shots, and his trilingual captions and updates earned him loyal followers from Mandarin and English-speaking countries.  It didn’t hurt that he was ridiculously handsome as well; the enamoured fangirls always cleared a space for him at every event.  However, he seemed to be the strong and silent type, preferring to keep to himself than join the excited chattering of his fellow photographers.

You would think that Kris, a lone male in a sea of fangirls, would be excited at the prospect of bonding with a kindred soul. But no. Secretly, Kris took his celebrity status as Yunho's #1 male fan very seriously. The moment he laid eyes on the baby-faced, uniformed boy and his screechy girlfriend, Kris knew that he had serious competition. His ire increased later that night, as news of the “adorable,” “pretty,” “what does Yunho think about him??!!” fanboy spread through Homys like fire.  Even Kris’ cyworld and fansite was flooded with idiotic comments.

Kris, what do you think about Yunho’s newest fanboy?  He’s cute right?

Kris has got competition...

Kris, don’t worry you’re cute too!  

I think I'm in love...

Yunho said his ideal type is small and cute...><

OMG did you see how happy Yunho was when that boy went up to him? He looked so surprised to have another male fan!

Kris deleted the comments with vicious clicks of his mouse.

 

Meanwhile, a dazed Suho went to bed that night with his heart bursting with emotions.  Meeting Yunho had been unreal; Suho had been so nervous that he could barely manage more than a stuttered “H-hello Yunho-ssi, I am honored to meet you. You are my inspir....”  Yunho had then grabbed his hands and stared deep into his eyes and thanked him for coming.  Suho had then raced to the bathroom so that he could throw up his overflowing feelings.

("Why can't I ever get the fanboys?" Changmin complained, watching the boy dash away from the stage on unsteady legs.)

I have to see him again, Suho told himself as he snuggled deeper into his covers. He ignored the nagging, class-president part of him that said he should be focusing on the upcoming entrance exam in the fall.  Just one more time...and I’ll go back to being an exemplary student. I swear

He frowned as he recalled that rude tall guy, "Kris," who had glared at him throughout the entire event.  The guy had talked to Yunho for at least five minutes, and it looked like Yunho knew him pretty well because he had hugged him for a full three seconds. (not that Suho had been counting) Suho fought down a wave of jealousy. Hmmph..who does the guy think he is? I bet Yunho was just being nice.

 

---

Yunho, of course, was completely oblivious to the tension simmering between his two self-professed #1 fanboys. He was just extremely touched to see that HOMINY's music had reached out to the hearts of males as well.

"See, Changmin, we're inspiring so many people!  Music is genderless!"

“Yes. The music. Of course. That’s why they’re here.”

Changmin, of course, thought the whole thing was hilarious.  Over the next few weeks, he enjoyed chatting with the two young men almost as much as Yunho did.

"Hey, fanboy #2, ditching school again?” Changmin asked as he signed Suho’s album.

"Hello Changmin-ssi. Of course not! I received permission from the class president to leave early," Suho explained, frowning slightly at being called #2.

"Ahh, I see. By the way, it looks like those newly released 6ftplus photobooks are doing pretty well. Everyone seems to have one."

"Yes, well, taste is subjective," Suho replied, expression blank.

"Well, Yunho really likes them."

Suho's eyes widened in worry as Changmin capped the marker.  "R-really?"

"Yep!" Changmin lied, handing back the CD.  "He bought a copy himself and keeps it by his bed. Reads it every night.  Hugs it to sleep, sometimes."

"Oh..." Suho’s entire visage drooped as he accepted his CD. "Um, thank you, Changmin-ssi.  Good luck with your performance tomorrow, and make sure to drink lots of water!”

Changmin felt a tiny twinge of guilt as he took in Suho's crestfallen expression. Maybe this was what Yunho meant when he said Changmin needed to tone down his brattish tendencies...

To atone, Changmin decided to even out the playing field.

"Hey fanboy #2. Seems like you’re not the only guy around lately, huh?”

Kris' face did not change, but his thick eyebrows gave a twitch at being called #2.  "Oh, you mean that child," Kris muttered under his breath.

“Yunho thinks he’s adorable,” said Changmin. “I mean, who wouldn’t, right?"

"Hmph." With a scowl, Kris snatched his album from Changmin’s hand and walked off.  Changmin had to hand it to him--the guy still managed to look like he was flouncing off of a runway.

I gotta learn that sometime...

 

---

Much to the HOMINY fangirls' frustration, Kris and Suho tended to stay as far away from each other as possible during events. Still, they couldn't always avoid each other.

After Yunho and Changmin had left the radio station, Suho and Eunji and her friends decided to grab a late dinner at a nearby noodle shop. As the girls settled into the booth, Suho, gentleman that he was, got up to get more napkins for the group. Humming HOMINY's Hug under his breath, Suho half-skipped toward the counter where the utensils and napkins were kept. He was in a cheerful mood; Yunho had signed his textbooks earlier that afternoon to encourage him to study hard. (not that Suho needed the encouragement)

Suho reached a hand toward the box of napkins at the same moment another hand did.  He looked up, into Kris’ startled face.

They both froze.

Kris frowned.

Suho frowned.

“You first,” said Suho stiffly, motioning Kris to go ahead.

“No you can go first.”

“No, you. I...haven’t decided which napkin I want.”

“Well, me neither.”

They frowned at each other some more.

“Look at all that unresolved ,” Hayoung sighed from the booth.

“They would make a hot couple,” Naeun agreed.  

Chorong gave them both a weary look.  “You guys read way too many gay fanfics.” Still, she gave Kris and Suho a thoughtful gaze.

“Well, if there was a story about Suho and Kris I would totally read it,” Hayoung declared.  “I would worship the author for eternity.”

The others at the table nodded.

“Hm…” Eunji glanced over at Suho, who was now dumping the entire box of napkins into an alarmed Kris' hands. She couldn’t help it; the opportunist within her that her father constantly nurtured began stirring.  Worship for eternity, eh?

 

Suho finished up his essay with a sigh and glanced at the clock.  3AM.  He had to get up for school in about 3 hours, just enough for 2 sleep cycles! He reached over to power off his laptop but hesitated. Eunji had mentioned that she would post the latest chapter of her fanfic tonight, the chapter he had spent a frustrating two hours arguing with her over.  (“I’m just saying, you don’t need to put an adjective in front of every noun!”)  He wondered what the readers' reaction to the latest chapter would be.

Well, a quick look couldn’t hurt…

To his surprise, he saw that Eunji had added a new story to her page.  Main characters are OC’s, but Yunho and Changmin will feature!  Intrigued and slightly miffed that Eunji hadn’t asked him to edit, he clicked on the link.

His jaw dropped.

 

"Jung Eunji!"

Eunji lifted her head, a guilty smile on her face as Suho stormed toward her seat the next morning, dark circles under his eyes.

"Class president," she greeted politely.  “Hey, do you wanna borrow my concealer? You look like a panda.”

Suho bore a similarly polite smile, but Eunji could see a vein pulsing under his neck.

"Would you mind explaining to me," asked Suho in a deceptively calm voice, "why you have a fanfic about me and Kris 'giving into their passions one lonely night' on your site?"

"It’s actually about ‘Sunho’ and ‘Karis’...jeez, not everything is about you, you know.”

“You called Sunho a ‘high school boy with no life’ and Karis a ‘Greek god with exhilarating eyebrows’!”

“You read the whole thing?" Eunji asked, delighted.  “What did you think?”

"I do not 'blush like a maiden'!" Suho sputtered.  "And I would never, never call anyone 'my y lover'...Eunji, why do you hate me?" Suho flopped into the seat next to Eunji's and buried his head into his arms.  "Take it down.  Please."

"But Suho...oppa...my story has gotten 5,000 visits already!"

"5,000?!" Suho lifted his head to gape at her.  "What kind of erts are reading this?"

 

Within a week, A Night in Busan: When 2 U-Know Fans Meet had reached cult status, rivalling even the most popular Homin fic.  Suho’s inbox was flooded with congratulations and edits of him and Kris against various romantic backgrounds...which Suho definitely did not stare too long at before deleting.  

Mortified, Suho buried himself in his studies, refusing to accompany Eunji to any more of HOMINY’s scheduled events. Eunji scolded him for shirking his duty to Yunho and for letting down all the fangirls who had a crush on him. In return, Suho pulled his class president card and made Eunji stay late after school for “extra studying.” As a result, Eunji missed all of HOMINY’s major events as well.

“If I can’t go, then you’re not going either,” was Suho’s huffy explanation.

Finally, after much usuccessful “oppa”-ing and bribing, Eunji was forced to steal the Limited Edition HOMINY album from Suho’s backpack and hold it ransom.  And so, on an overcast Saturday afternoon, a scowling Suho accompanied Eunji on a 3-hour train ride to Gwangju airport, from which Yunho and Changmin were set to fly off for their Japanese promotions.

 

“Eunji, we haven’t seen you in forever!” Namjoo cried, waving them over. "Oh, Suho, you too...!"

“It’s only been 2 weeks,” Suho muttered, trying to ignore Namjoo's wide smile.

“Eunji, when are you going to update A Night in Busan?” Hayoung asked.  

“Maybe tomorr--”

Never,” Suho hissed.

“Suho, have you seen Kris yet?" Namjoo asked, still grinning.

"No, and I have no interest--"

"You two are so cute together!” two more squeals joined the conversation.

“We are not together!” Suho cried, already regretting his decision to come.  He knew it was a bad idea. Apparently, 2 weeks was not enough time for people to forget Eunji’s unfortunate publication. People kept staring and giggling at him.  Excerpts of the fanfic flashed through Suho's mind unbidden, and he blushed.

When Kris finally strode into the hall, camera slung around his neck, an expectant silence fell. A mortified Suho refused to look in his direction, choosing instead to focus on his English flashcards he'd brought along. English had always been his worst section on the exams.

Only Bomi was brave enough to call out the question on everyone’s minds.  "Kris, have you read the latest chapter of A Night in Busan?"

Giggles filled the room. Kris' face didn't change, but the twitch in his eyebrow gave it all away.

 

“Wow, that was awesome!” Eunji exclaimed, hugging her poster like a baby. Yunho had signed it, along with her t-shirt. “Yunho looked so handsome today…and he said hi to you first! You should've seen Kris' face, ha!"

“It’s really late,” Suho fretted, looking at his watch.  It was well past midnight. “I think the train has already left…”

“...and did you see how Yunho smiled right at me?  Oh my god, I’m in heaven!”

At that moment, the heavens chose to open up and let loose a downpour of rain.  Suho groaned as he searched frantically through his bag.

“I forgot to bring an umbrella!”

The two took shelter by the empty bus station. With every passing minute, the downpour grew harder, and Suho, who was sensitive to the cold, began shivering. His school jacket was not waterproof or very thick.

“Maybe we can call a taxi?”

“I don't have enough money for a taxi all the way back..."

“What are we going to do?” Eunji wailed, as reality began setting in.  It was cold, rainy, and windy, and her stomach was grumbling.  Beside her, Suho’s stomach gave an accompanying growl.

“I guess I could call my parents…” Suho began apprehensively, reaching into his pocket.

“NO!  We are going to get in so much trouble!”

“Yeah, well I’d rather get grounded than mugged in the streets.”  But Suho put away his phone.  The thought of his parents' disappointed face made him want to die.  He’d always been the responsible one, the perfect student that his peers and teachers could rely on.  How had he gotten to this point?

As Suho debated whether or not to call his brother and Eunji dug around her backpack for a candy bar, a dark hooded figure with an umbrella made his way toward the bus station.  Neither teenager noticed his approach until he stopped right before them and cleared his throat loudly.

“AHH! GET AWAY FROM ME! I HAVE A GUN!” Eunji screamed, clutching at Suho’s arm.  Meanwhile, Suho puffed out his chest as menacingly as he could and placed himself in front of his flailing friend.

“W-What do you want?” he demanded, deepening his voice.

The stranger took off his facemask and hood.  

“...Kris?”

“I thought I recognized you two.” Kris raised an eyebrow. “What are you doing out here? The last bus left an hour ago.”

“Nothing,” Suho snapped, but his voice was shaking.  “Just enjoying the lovely night air; is that a problem?”

“It’s late,” Kris replied, looking unconvinced.  “A girl and a guy like you shouldn’t be out here alone.”

“What do you mean, a guy like me?”

“We’re stranded,” Eunji confessed, her desperation overriding her pride. “Our train already left, and we’re too broke for a taxi.  And my Yunho poster is going to get wet!”

“Where do you live?”

“Seoul. Gangnam.”

Kris stared.  “That’s four hours away.  Do your parents know where you are?”

Eunji and Suho exchanged looks.

Kris shook his head in disbelief.  “Children,” he muttered under his breath.  “Come on, I’ll drive you guys home.” He motioned for them to get under his umbrella.

“Wow, a HOMINY umbrella?” Eunji stared enviously up at the transparent umbrella.  On it was a whimsical sketch of Yunho and Changmin, accompanied by the lyrics of Catch Me in swirling font that spiraled up the umbrella’s body. "Where'd you get it?"

“You like it?” Kris sounded pleased.  “I designed it myself. I’m thinking of selling them in my online store next month.”

“It’s beautiful,” blurted Suho.

"Thanks." Kris flashed him a rare smile. “I only brought one, though, so we’re going to have to squeeze...”

It was a tight fit, and the ground was slippery.  Suho nearly fell multiple times as Eunji kept bumping into him from the side, until Kris finally reached out to wrap a steadying arm around him.  Suho’s heart gave an involuntary flutter.  

“Thank you for doing this,” said Suho, half grateful and half embarrassed to be saved by Kris, of all people.  He must think they were ridiculous. "I'm sorry for the trouble..."

“We’ve all done stupid ,” Kris replied, as if reading Suho's mind.  “A few years ago, I slept outside Music Bank so I would be first in line for Yunho's solo performance.”

“Hehe, how stupid,” Eunji agreed with a nervous laugh.  She had tried doing the same thing last month, but her brother had tattled on her and she'd been dragged home by her father before she'd had a chance to test out her Yunho-CF-endorsed sleeping bag.

 

Despite his best intentions, Suho fell asleep fifteen minutes into the car ride home. Being class president, #1 in school, and part-time fanboy was starting to take its toll on his body. He hadn’t had more than four hours of sleep per night for the past week.  In the backseat, Eunji pulled out her notebook and began scribbling furiously, narrowed eyes darting between Kris and Suho.

Day was beginning to break when Kris pulled up by the train stop in Suho and Eunji’s neighborhood. Kris glanced over at the small sleeping figure beside him.  For a guy, Suho had very long eyelashes, which stood out even against the dark circles under his eyes.  His lips formed into a pout as he slept.  Kris wondered what he was dreaming of.

Crazy kids… Never mind that Kris had been a crazier kid himself, three years ago.

“Ahem.”

Kris jumped.

“Go on,” said the annoying girl, grinning widely at him through the mirror.  “Keep staring. Pretend I’m not here.  He’s single, by the way.”

Kris rolled his eyes. “You two aren’t dating?”

“Of course not!” Eunji yelped, offended.  “I’m saving myself for Yunho oppa!”

Eunji’s loud voice stirred Suho out of his sleep.  “No, mooom, ten more minutes...” Suho mumbled, blinking his eyes open. Then, he caught sight of Kris not two feet away from him and flailed.

“Wha-where-what am-where am I--oh...”

Kris looked away, clearing his throat, as Suho tried frantically to smooth down his messy hair.  “We’re here.”

“Y-yeah. Thank you for the ride. I’m sorry again for the inconvenience.”

“It’s no problem. Text me when you two get home.  And here, keep this.  In case it rains again.” Kris handed over his umbrella.

Their fingers brushed, and Suho dropped the umbrella.  “Oh, I’m so sorry!”

“It’s ok-”

Their hands bumped again in their attempt to retrieve the umbrella.

Eunji watched, fascinated.

The walk back home passed in near silence. Suho clutched at his new umbrella as he stared ahead into space.  Meanwhile, Eunji too was lost in thought.

Wow, I have so much new material for the next chapter…

 

---

As a Homin shipper, Eunji was self-aware enough to realize that she sometimes maybe possibly read too much into things.  But this, this was different…

Lately, Suho had taken to staring off into space between classes.  He hummed HOMINY’s love ballads when he thought no one was listening.  He no longer tensed like an angry kitten whenever Yunho’s other fanboy was mentioned.  And he carried a certain umbrella everywhere with him.

“I don’t want to get tanned,” was his excuse.

“Well me neither! Can I borrow it?”

“No!”

“Ugh, fine.  By the way, one of my friends wants me to set you up with her on a date. Are you interested?”

Suho sighed.  “Eunji, I don’t have time to think about that stuff.”

“But she’s really cute!”

“Uh." Suho fidgeted.  “That's nice, but that’s...not really my type…”

“Oh, right.  You like the tall, cool type, right?”

Suho didn’t answer, but he turned two shades redder. He was always so easy to read.

“Anyone in particular? Besides Yunho, obviously, because he’s already mine.”

“Eunji, this is childish and I never said I liked anyone--”

“Tell me, please?  Oppa?”

“Stop trying to act cute,” Suho hissed, turning even redder.

“Is it...oh, I don’t know...Kris?”

Suho choked on his spit.

“Wait, REALLY? Wow, I guess all that was real!  Wow, I need to update my fanfic with your--er, I mean, Sunho’s--moment of realization--”

“Eunji! Don’t you dare!”

 

Fortunately for Suho and unfortunately for Eunji and her loyal readers, A Night In Busan remained stuck on Chapter 6 for the time being.  Exam season descended mercilessly upon South Korea’s seniors, and suddenly there was no time for Karis and Sunho’s romantic entanglements.  Over the next two months, HOMINY wrapped up their Japanese promotions, released a follow-up track, and went on hiatus.  Meanwhile, Suho, Eunji and their classmates were holed up indoors, cramming and studying well into the night and morning. Suho was especially stressed. He had the expectations of his family and the entire school resting on his small shoulders.

Eunji, too, had a lot at stake. Her father had promised her a front-row seat to HOMINY’s upcoming concert tour if she did well.

 

Kris: Yunho asked about you today.

Suho: asfrgfa raelly????

Kris: Yeah. I think he thinks we're friends or something.

Suho: Please tell him, Thank you so much Yunho-ssi. You are my inspiration to work hard, never give up and achieve my dreams. I will work hard on my exams. I hope to become a leader in my field like you are, one day. Sincerely, Suho Kim your #1 fanboy.

Kris: I think you mistyped #2. And tell him yourself.

Suho: No I didn't. And I can't...national exams are coming up.

Kris: Well hurry up and finish. Yunho's going to forget all about his #2 fanboy if you don't show up soon.

 

Kris: Hey I'm just kidding. Don't be sad.

Suho: Sorry I accidentally fell asleep. I'm just so tired lately.

Kris: When is the exam?

 

 

The morning before Exam Day, a monstrous package from 6ftplus.net arrived at the Kims' apartment.  Ignoring the deliveryman’s judgmental look (the box was plastered with Yunho stickers), a confused Suho dragged his present into his bedroom before calling Eunji.

"Oh...yeah....I kinda told Kris your address."

"You what?"

"He said it was a surprise!"

Suho couldn't stay mad for long, though, not when he was faced with a boxful of high quality HOMINY posters, photobooks, and fangoods. He and Eunji spent the rest of their afternoon crying (Eunji, not Suho because he definitely wasn’t that obsessed...) through Kris' HD photos and videos and fanart.

I know you secretly stalk my fansite, Yunho fanboy #2. Enjoy. Good luck with your exam tomorrow, don’t die.   -Yunho fanboy #1

That night, for the first time in weeks, Suho and Eunji didn’t have the usual nightmares about formulas or equations or failure or disappointing their-family-slash-Yunho.  Instead, they each dreamed of a (different) 6-foot-plus person.


---

Exam Day passed like a blur--at least, for Suho it did.  He felt like he was working on autopilot.  Read passage, organize thoughts, write.  Repeat.  Turn in booklet. Repeat.  When he exited the building, hours later, he felt strangely untethered. His entire life had led up to this day, and it was...over. It felt so anticlimactic.

“Congrats.” His brother gave him a rare hug when he got home.  “Welcome to freedom. After this, anything is a piece of cake.”

Suho considered his brother’s words. Suho wasn't particularly known for being adventurous; he'd always preferred to live his life in safety and routine. Half a year ago, he was a closet Yunho fanboy whose only way of obtaining merchandise was confiscating them from his classmates. But he had grown up a lot since then! Now, he was an internet-famous Yunho fanboy and fanfic editor who had just successfully conquered the battle that every 4 to 17-year-old South Korean child feared most. HIs brother was right! What did he have to be scared of anymore?

Suho stared up at the 6ftplus.net Yunho poster on his wall. "Should I do it, Yunho-ssi?"

Yunho smiled encouragingly down at him.

Still high off of his post-exam confidence and fueled by Yunho's encouragement, Suho picked up his phone and dialed a familiar number.

“Eunji, when's Yunho's next scheduled event?”

 

“Kris!” Suho called. According to Eunji’s network of friends, HOMINY was to promote some skincare-product-or-another at the mall today. And where there was Yunho, Suho knew his most loyal fans were sure to be present.

Kris turned from the display shelf, where he had been examining the newest collection of "just for men" BB cream. His lips turned slightly upward as he took in the huffing Suho.  “Hey. You're alive.”

“Yeah,” Suho gasped, looking around the store.  “Long time no see...wait, where’s Yunho?”

“Sorry, Yunho and Changmin just left.  There's still some autographed Yunho lipbalm left over for sale if you want…”

“Oh…” Suho replied, disappointed.  He'd wanted to thank Yunho for encouraging him for the past few months.  But never mind. Right now, he had a mission to attend to.

“Um, actually, Kris, I’m here to see you.”

"Really." Kris' eyebrows rose.

Suho took a deep breath, gathering his rehearsed words together. One expectant look from Kris sent them scattering. “Kris, would you like...I mean, would you be opposed to...um, that is…”

Kris waited patiently as Suho stumbled over his words. Suho suddenly felt very out of his depth. He didn't like that feeling. His brother was a liar--this was ten times more terrifying than the exam.  

“You know what, never mind, heh...” Suho patted his vest nervously.  He couldn’t do it.   What was he thinking?  Kris was an older, cooler guy who spoke three languages and drew amazingly and had a legion of followers, while Suho was just an ordinary boy still dressed in his school uniform who didn't even have a driver's license. Kris probably thought of him as some silly kid.

"Hm, if you say so." Kris gave him a strange smile. “By the way, are you going to the HOMINY concert next week?”

“No.” Suho sighed, relieved at the change in topic. "The tickets were all sold out.” It had been a bitter disappointment; there were rumors that Yunho and Changmin would be performing a drag version of their Something single.

“Well, I happen to have an extra ticket, if you want it...?”

“YES!” Suho screamed, before clearing his throat. So much for trying to look mature in front of Kris.  “Um, I mean, that would be much appreciated. That's very kind of you. How much do I owe..."

He reached for his wallet.  But Kris grabbed his arm, stopping him.  

“No need; I like to pay for my dates.”

“I…d-wha-dd--date?” Suho spluttered.  

“That’s what you were trying to ask me a minute ago, right?” Kris smirked.  “Your girlfriend messaged me earlier today, saying that she and her 1000 readers would kill me if I rejected you.”

“I…” Suho bemoaned his pale complexion. He was sure he was blushing more than that stupid Sunho did in stupid Eunji’s stupid story.  “I, um. Okay. Yes. Um. If you. If you want?”

Kris’ reached out to pat Suho’s very red cheek, and Suho gave a very undignified squeak.

“You’re cute,” said Kris. “I’ve missed seeing your face around. Now let’s go get some food, Yunho fanboy #2.”

“...hey, wait a minute!” Suho yelled, after he’d regained his power of speech.  He hurried to catch up to Kris’ strides.  “I’m still Yunho’s number ONE fanboy, got it?”

 

(excerpt from A Night in Busan, Chapter 7, author MrsEunHoJung)

“Sunho…” Karis whispered, cradling the younger man’s snowy face in his gigantically giant hands.  “I still can’t forget about that unforgettable night we had together. Won’t you give us a chance?”

Sunho gazed into the Greek God’s smexy y eyes as the crystalline rain poured down around them like tragic tears of beautiful angels.  He sighed. He had to admit, his cold heart and mind had been captured by Karis ever since that fateful night in Busan.  Maybe, there was something to be said about life outside of his boring books. Sunho's heart melted like a piece of marshmallow if you put it in the oven for 10 minutes at 200F.

Maybe, this was love...

 

 

.


 

I wrote this during a superlong flight back home, so if the story is kinda weird blame it on messed up sleep schedule and too much cabin air. (or maybe I'm just making excuses haha) I'm gonna be leaving for another trip tomorrow so I'll edit more when i get back for real.

I promise I'll update my chaptered stories once I'm done with my internship/travels! Right now since i'm kind of busy, oneshots are easier for me to write since they don't require as much planning.

Thanks for reading/enjoying (I hope?) ! =)

 

also I was googling Suho + Eunji pics and wanted to share the cuteness:

4NjiPsjLND4RDNUu71emC6h2gM9BLJ9dZr_hQO8x0NNSznDcNQPbhGAJsYe574g5NUUixrBzOtu5ZWkF