The Chosen

Nevers and Evers

Hello! Sorry for the long wait! xD I finally finished re-editing chapter 2, and i'm still not sure if this is perfect or not, so if there's any mistake, please forgive me! > u < and btw, 25 subs for 1st chapter? THAT'S AWESOME OMG ;; U ;; thank you so much, everyone who have subscribed! I love you guys so much, let me send you a virtual hug omg ;; u ;; am so happy! <3 Anyways, enjoy the story!! : D

-

-

-

-

-

-

That night Minseok couldn’t sleep at all.

 

Even though his headache pounding painfully inside his head, he still couldn’t get at least a 5 minutes sleep.

 

He tossed around on his bed as he stared at the bleak ceiling above him. The sound of the adults talking outside becomes his background music.

 

He has heard of the news. What baffled him is that why is it exactly the same as his nightmares? Being taken at somewhere he doesn’t even know by someone he never heard of. But now he remembers. He remembers the entire missing child that made the elders panicked.

 

Was it 10 years ago?

 

Minseok was just 6 that time. When the first child disappear to the Endless Woods. Someone has taken him away from the embrace of his family. What was the name again? Peter?

 

“Minseok.”

 

He almost jumped from his bed at the voice, “mom! You shocked me!” he groaned lightly, rubbing his—now even worse—painful head.

 

She only smiled, “why aren’t you sleep yet?”

 

The boy shrugged, “I don’t know. Do you expect me to sleep when a kidnapper is around? I wished to stay outside with dad and guard the village though.”

 

His mother shakes her head weakly, “No, Minseok. No. You’ll be taken away, and I…” his mother stopped as she take a deep breath, and Minseok only watched.

 

“I don't want to lose you, sweetheart.”

 

Minseok bit his lip, “I’ll be taken? What makes you so sure of that? I’m pretty sure they’ll take Sehun and Sulli, though.”

 

“Honey, yes, they’re two of the very assuring candidates, but unfortunately, sweetie,” his mother eyes told him everything already, and he looked down.

 

“Oh, my baby boy.” She sobbed, slowly taking Minseok in his embrace. “Sehun and Sulli are the good ones, …don’t they?”

 

His mother shut , hugging him even tighter, “no, it’s okay, mom. I know.” He gently murmured, as he caresses her soft hair, tries to calming his mom down. Even though he’s not sure if he’s calm as well.

 

After all, every fairy tales needs the villain.

 

**

 

One of the man guarding around Minseok’s house sighed, “I don’t see anything, perhaps that ‘thing’ doesn’t kidnap tonight?” he called.

 

The other man chuckled, “Well, you already tired, Watson? I think you might be right though.”

 

The man named Watson snorted, “I know right. But don’t you think it’s a bit cliché? I’m pretty sure that handsome kid from Oh family will be taken, I mean it.”

 

“Nah, Sulli will be taken too, I’m sure. She’s so sweet and kind. A perfect princess-wannabe.”

 

“Yeah, for the evils… nah.” Watson scoffed, “that girl from the graveyard are so chosen!”

 

“You mean Krystal? Ah what a pity.”

 

They talked some more and not realizing a swift figure start making its way to the woods.

 

**

 

Minseok kicked off the leave on his shoes before crawling to get on the top of the hill. There is it, the graveyard. Although places like this should have make lots of people walk away from here, but not Minseok. He stared at the black, daunting house. He sighed and knocked on the door five times, and soon, the door opened, revealing a blonde haired girl with piercing eyes.

 

Minseok smiled slightly, “hey there, Kryssie.” He grinned. Krystal gives him a cold smile before opening the door wider, “come in. My mom’s not home today, though.”

 

Minseok slowly walked in and stared at the bleak yet neat interiors.

 

“Have you heard?” he turned to the girl.

 

“What? I’m one of the chosen witch candidates? Yes. I have.”

 

“…Why are you so careless about it.”

 

The blonde one sighed, “I’m not careless, Minseok. I’m afraid, so afraid. I don’t want to leave this place even though I hate my mom and people around here—no offense, but I don’t hate you though—I don’t want to go to somewhere that’s not even listed on the map.”

 

“…I’m sorry. So you’re as afraid as I am.”

 

Krystal nodded, “Yes I am—wait, what. Why are you afraid as well?” she raised one eyebrow.

 

Minseok rolled his eyes, “please, Kryssie. If Sehun is the Prince of the Diamond Castle, I’m the witch of the west.”

 

Krystal furrowed his eyebrows, “oh, right, you and your grumpy mood.” She chuckled as she took out some biscuit and gives it to Minseok.

 

“Oh. You made some cookies again, Kryssie?” Minseok asked as he popped one into his mouth. “This one tastes better.” He nodded.

 

Krystal nodded, “Yeah, I put some chicken intestines in it.” And the boy dropped the cookies from his hands, gaping at his one and only girl-friend, and the blonde girl rolled her eyes, “Please, you enjoy that thing.”

 

Minseok pouted, the remaining cookie crumbs off of his fingers.

 

“…Something’s coming.” Krystal whispered, and Minseok raised an eyebrow, “…What?”

 

Minseok barely processed a thing when Krystal pulled him down to the floor, as a black figure swept Krystal’s roof away. “…The headmaster!” Krystal shouted. Minseok gaped, looking up at a figure blocking the moonlight. I-it’s huge. Is that really a human? I don’t think so… he thought, he felt Krystal’s grip on his arm tightened.

 

“We need to get away from here, Minseok! Let’s go!” Krystal hollered, pulling the bewildered boy away from the scene, jumping down to the ground, the two teens rolled on a dusty ground.

 

“Ouch, that hurts, Kryssie. You should reminded me when’s the time to jump.” Minseok groaned, and Krystal sighed, “no time for that, Minseok. Look, the thing’s searching for us.”

 

Minseok’s eyes widened, “, what should we do?”

 

“We ask for help from the villagers! Let’s go there!” she screamed and pulled the boy with her, both of them run there fastest, as a loud screeching sound struck in the air.

 

“MINSEOK KIM, KRYSTAL JUNG, I ASKED FOR YOUR PRESENCE IN MY SCHOOL.” The black thing screamed.

 

“Minseok!” Minseok’s dad hollered and Minseok pulled Krystal closer to him as he run faster, “Dad!”

 

It’s only a split second before Minseok are now in his mom’s embrace, along with Krystal.

 

“Oh thank goodness you both are safe.” Minseok’s mom bawled, caressing Krystal’s smooth hair, making the latter become a bit awkward.

 

Minseok almost smiled in relief—almost—when a loud shriek can be heard of the Choi’s family house. “No! JINRI-AH!” Mrs. Choi’s loud cries echoed in the night clouds.

 

Minseok’s eyes widened, as he stared at the one in the darkness’ hold, a pretty, cute-faced girl with pale skin.

 

Krystal widened her eyes, slowly looking at Minseok, “th-that’s…”

 

Minseok eyes’ widened, “SULLI!” he shouted, chasing the darkness he doesn’t know where too.

 

“No—wait, Minseok!” Krystal shouted, trying to stop her friend,

 

But it’s too late.

 

 

**

 

 

oh by the way, anyone here watch TLP? Omg I'm so happy that i finally get to see them in reality! ;; u ;; and all of them are--- urgh! too gorgeous! especially Xiumin and Sehun are so uh <3 my feels- too bad Sehun is a bit hurt at that time 3 but it's okay! he's still gorgeous anyways! <3

don't forget to comment and subscribe okay! ^ _ ^ Love you all! <3