Job Offer

Marriage Getaway
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Chapter 4 Job Offer

            (Eek… why is the old man calling me?! H-How did he…) Sohee thought about how he got her phone number. (Aish my application…)

            “Hello? Miss Sohee?” (Did she hang up? She called me TOP, how rude of a girl she is.)

            “Y-You crazy—!” Sohee was about to yell crazy man, but then she realized her whole family were still around, “h-hold on a second,” Sohee makes her way to her room.

            “Ya Sohee! Talk right here, where are you going? And who is that?!” her mother called after her.

            TOP held the phone away from his ear. (What a noisy household… her mother? I can see how she got her personality.)

            Sohee closed her door and locked it, because if she didn’t her mother will barge in.

            “W-What do you want! Why did you call my house? Who gave you permission?”

            “Neo… you aren’t very bright are you?” TOP seriously asked.

            “Mwuh?!” Sohee looked at the phone and murmured to it in an eerie voice, as she raised her fist at it, “just because you are rich you think you are all that?”

            “What did you say? I didn’t quite hear you,” TOP only heard mumblings.

            *clears throat* “I said, what is a CEO like you calling me for?”

            “Ah right. I looked at your application. I did a quick background check on you,” TOP began to explain his reason for calling. Sohee recalled his creepy stares so she covered herself as he said background check, “You don’t seem like a good worker… You have been through more than twenty jobs and each lasting an average of a week. Were you playing while working?”

            “W-What?!” Sohee trembled with anger, “Ya old man, if I was playing I wouldn’t be trying so hard as going through over twenty jobs!”

            “O-Old—” TOP cleared his throat and tried to keep his cool. (Hmm she’s right. So she is hard working? I think GDragon said something about wanting someone hard working, but what’s with this result?) He looked at the work experiences section of the application.

            “Wae… what did you call me for? Don’t tell me CEO’s have so much free time to bother other people. If you don’t have anything important to say then I’m hanging up. Kkeut!” Sohee was about to remove the phone from her ear, when TOP said something that made her reconsidered.

            “I have a job offer for you. It pays very well. Are you interested in hearing what the offer is?”

            “Eh? W-What is it?” Sohee became curious. (I actually might get a job! As a model? An Actress?!)

            “I would like you to come into my office tomorrow in the morning. We will talk about it in detail,” TOP answered and Sohee lost interest.

            “You aren’t trying to lure me into your office are you…?” Sohee asked in a suspiciously low voice.

            *takes glasses off and pinches nose bridge* “I-bwa-yo… I really apologize for what I did to you. I really thought you were my son and did something absolutely unacceptable. This job offering will pay three million won per month –$3,000-. You will even—”

            “T-THREE MILLION?!?!” Sohee used her shoulder to hold the phone to her ear, and she counted with her fingers. (One, two, three million won… that makes… OMO!)

            “Oh you sound interested now, I haven’t even finished explaining…” TOP scoffed.

            “Y-You won’t even understand what money means to the poor,” Sohee got a little irritated, but the offer sound too good to be true, “I-I will go to your office to hear more about the job in detailed tomorrow.”

            “Good. Guess you are a little brighter than I’d thought,” TOP hung up.

            “W-WHAT?!” –doo doo- Sohee glared at the phone, “Y-You old man! If I didn’t want to get out of this house I wouldn’t even want to go see your face! Even if you pay me ten million!” Sohee breathed heavily from yelling. (W-Well ten million is a lot of money…)

            Sohee opened the door to go put the house phone away, and her family flopped into her room like bouncing balls. First was her mother, then her grandparents, followed by her younger brother, then her aunt and uncle, and lastly but not least, her younger cousins.

            “Y-You guys were eavesdropping?! Get out!” Sohee yelled.

            *knuckles Sohee in the head* “How dare you shout at your mother. Tell me who was that man on the phone? Did something happen? Y-You didn’t get pregnant accidently did you?” her mother gasped.

            “UMMA!” Sohee cried, she couldn’t believe her mother, “How can you think your daughter is someone like that?!”

            “AH MY EARS!” her mother yelled.

            “Bi-kyeo!” Sohee pushed her way through the crowded doorway and put the phone away. (Aish… I can never get any privacy in this house! The walls are so thin too…) Sohee turned around and got startled by her mother’s face being right in front of hers.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter