Countdown

You've Got Mail

Jinki is currently packing a suitcase, he has a backpack with his ID and plane ticket sitting by the front door.

It’s been four months since his visit to Daegu, he was upset to leave, he wishes he could have seen Kibum face to face, but a relief because he hated spending so much time with his family.

It’s been two months since Kibum said he wishes they could date. Jinki immediately agreed and said he doesn’t mind the long distance.

It’s been one month and two weeks since he asked Kibum if they could meet (finally as boyfriends), Kibum had said he was busy with school and would have to check around and make sure he could cancel a few things.

It’s been one month since Jinki has been sad, he’s been busy with Kibum, school and work.

It’s been three weeks since Kibum called him panting and his name, Jinki had never been so .

It’s been one week since Jinki asked Kibum if they could meet (quite frankly he wanted the real thing instead of the phone ). Kibum got angry, asked why he kept questioning him, why he doesn’t trust that Kibum is working hard to clear his schedule.

It’s been one week since they last talked to each other, Jinki cried himself to sleep.

Six days since Jinki has felt worthless.

Five days since Jinki has stopped talking to his friends.

Four days since he’s wanted to call Kibum and beg for forgiveness, but he doesn’t, he’s scared Kibum will break up with him.

Three days since he’s eaten anything.

Two days since he’s slept.

Three hours since he bought the plane ticket to Daegu, he’s going to surprise Kibum, he doesn’t care if the younger gets angry. Jinki is angry too.

 

--------------------------------------

 

It’s when the pilot announces that they will land in ten minutes does he feel nervous. What if he had made the wrong decision? What if Kibum not talking to him was an implied break up and he’s moved on?

The thoughts plaguing him make him feel nauseated, he moves robotically off the plane and walks to baggage claim, trying to calm himself.

As he exits the airport he takes a deep breath and gets into the line for taxi’s. He’s not even sure where Kibum lives, so he decides to head to the part of town he knows.

He’s found a small inn and has changed into clean clothes, he wasn’t sure what he planned to do when he got here, so he walks along the street before spotting a familiar sign.

The door jingles as he enters and a boy greets him, Jinki recognizes him as Taemin, the boy from the last time.

Jinki smiles and walks up, Taemin is wiping the counter, Jinki clears his throat and Taemin looks up, his eyes go wide.

“Oh, hi… c-can I help you?”

“Actually maybe you can. I’m looking for someone.”

“I don’t know if I’d b-be much help”

Jinki notices Taemin looks nervous, maybe he knows Kibum and knows what’s going on. Jinki just hopes he isn’t wrong.

“I have this friend. His name is Kibum, we haven’t talked in a while. I was hoping I could find him.”

Jinki watches as Taemin stands still, staring up at Jinki.

“Um… Taemin?”

Taemin blinks and flashes a smile. “Uh right, see I think I know who you’re talking about, but he’s not here. He’s out of town.” Taemin finishes quickly and turns to go into the back, leaving Jinki alone at the counter.

He hears faint whispering, and then Taemin is walking out of the back with a smile plastered to his face.

“Yeah Kibum is out of town.”

Jinki feels his heart sink, he feels like an idiot, he also feels like Taemin is lying but he doesn't say anything. He stands there for five minutes before Taemin clears his throat and hands him a lemonade. “It’s not much, but you kind of look pale and upset, lemonade always helps, and don’t worry, it’s on the house.”

Jinki thanks Taemin and goes to a table by the window and sits down.

He stares out the window, feeling like a fool for coming down without calling. The door jingles and he hears Taemin greet whoever it is.

He sees a shadow standing over him and looks up, meeting the eyes of a tall doe-eyed boy.

“H-hi, y-you’re Ji-Jinki right?” The boy asks and Jinki nods.

The boy sits in the chair infront of him and Jinki plays with his lemonade cup.

“M-my name is Minho… I th-think we sho-should t-talk.”

 

 

 

~Un-Beta'd~

Short update????? It's been a while hasn't it? Well firstly, not much left to write. 1 more chapter, then I have an epilogue already written.

I've been so busy with work and schooling that I've had no time to myself. I've also been having health issues. :(

But I'll be posting the last chapter later tonight and then the epilogue right after that. So really just a few more hours.

 

Don't forget to comment and let me know what you think!