Plans

You've Got Mail

Over the course of a few weeks Jinki had talked to Kibum and became somewhat friends. Sure they bickered every now and then over bands, but that’s what friends did right?

On the sixth week of friendship they exchanged phone numbers and texted constantly, often resulting in Jinki waking up late and rushing to get to school.

On the eighth week they had dinner together, meaning Jinki sat alone in his apartment and texted Kibum what he was having, then eating at the same time as the other.

On the fifteenth week (four months to be exact) Jinki decided to have a phone conversation with his friend and promptly told him so by text. He was nervous, but why should he be? It was just a friend he had met online and he was worried that said person wasn’t what they seem to be.

As the phone rang Jinki chewed on his lip, and when a deep and tired sounding “Hello” was heard through his dainty phone’s speaker Jinki nearly cried. Had Kibum forgotten that he was calling?

“Hey Kibum… It’s Jinki.”

A laugh was heard on the other end. “I know. I’ve been waiting for you to call for the last half hour”

“Sorry I was a little nervous about calling you. I thought maybe you wouldn’t be real.”

Jinki heard nothing but silence on the other end.

“Kibum?”

Oh right,” Kibum let out a nervous chuckle, “You thought I wouldn’t be real. Of course I’m real, you’ve been talking to me for days remember?”

Jinki felt maybe just a little hint of guilt for thinking that way. “I know. It’s just like the moment of truth you know?”

“Yeah I know. I wasn’t expecting you to sound like this.”

Jinki laughed and nodded to himself. “Well I expected your voice to sound higher.”

Kibum laughed and Jinki felt at ease.

As they continued to talk for what felt like hours, Jinki realized that it was close to five in the morning.

“Bummie, it’s pretty late, and I’m a little tired.”

Me too, I’m pretty beat. You should hang up and get some sleep.”

Jinki chewed his lip, feeling nervous. There was one question he had for the younger boy and he wasn’t sure how he would take it.

“Before we hang up can I ask you something?”

Yeah go for it.”

Jinki took a deep breath, “I’ll be in your town for a couple days, next week actually, my parents have some friends down there that they want to visit. I was wondering if you’d maybe like to meet up for coffee or something?”

Complete silence from the other end and Jinki thought maybe he had accidentally pressed “end”, checking his phone and confirming that the call was still going.

“Kibum? Are you still there?”

Silence.

“Um, we don’t have to, I’m sorry I shocked you, it’s just we’re friends and I thought maybe meeting up wouldn’t be a bad idea. I guess maybe it was.”

Jinki held the phone tight against his ear, hoping to hear even breathing.

Uh I… I actually have plans next week.” Kibum cleared his throat.

“Oh uh that’s cool. Maybe next time.”

“Yeah next time. I’m sorry Jinki.”

Jinki shrugged to himself, “It’s okay. I’m not a child Bummie, I understand if you have plans already.” Jinki forced a laugh, and he knew Kibum could tell it was fake.

Jinki you should get to sleep. I’ll talk to you tomorrow okay?”

“Okay, night Kibum.”

“G’night Jinki.”

As Jinki ended the call he mentally kicked himself. He really really wanted to meet Kibum, he also kind of wanted to hold his hand, and get some ice cream… then maybe go to a park.

Why did Kibum have to have plans already!? He whined kicking at his bed.

Maybe he should call Kibum and retract that statement about not being a child.

 

~Un-Beta'd~

~<3~

A/N: Ack! Short I'm sorry.  This chapter is late I know but for some reason I couldn't access my account and after the 50th time of retrying I finally got it. Also my 'g' key is broken so everytime I use my laptop I have to copy the letter and paste it every time I need it. It gets tedious (but did you know that you don't use the letter 'g' as often as you think)

How have you all been? I assume you've all been good (If not I'm sorry).

So much positive feedback! Thank you a thousand times!!

Also just a random question because I'm weird and interested but: What are your favorite types of fanfictions? (for example- Omegaverse, mpreg, Schoolverse, AU's, realistic etc etc) [asking because I haven't found many good fics lately] And if you would like maybe rec me some? [totally because I have no life and I'm bored]

Don't forget to comment and let me know what you think!