A Kiss For A Cure

You've Got Mail

****There is a warning in the forward, if you haven’t already seen it I would recommend checking it, this chapter is not marked M however****

 

 

 

--------------------------------------

 

 

 

Jinki sighs as he arrives to his parents’ home. As much as he loved his mom and step-dad, he didn’t love their nagging or their insane need to make him feel like utter crap. Ringing the doorbell he hears footsteps and braces himself for the storm about to start.

“Oh Jinki it’s you. You got fat…. well fatter.” Jinki looks at his younger and bites his tongue.

“Jinsu, nice seeing you as always.” He says pushing past his brother and into the house.

“Mom, Jinki pushed me!”

Jinki groans internally and wants to desperately fake an illness to get out of this trip.

“Jinki be nice to your brother he looks up to you.” His mother scolds from the living room.

“Apologize.” Jinsu says crossing his arms smirking.

Jinki sighs and mutters a quiet ‘sorry’ before heading into the bathroom.

He runs the faucet and splashes water on his face, trying to focus on the cool water as a distraction. This was going to be a long trip and Jinki doesn’t know how he’s going to survive the madness that is his family.

Pulling out his phone he checks his texts and relaxes seeing Kibum’s name.

 

From: Bum

Have fun on your drive here. Sorry we can’t meet up. :(

 

To: Bum

I already know it won’t be fun. Text me later to make sure I’m still alive.

 

A knock on the door startles Jinki and he jumps, dropping his phone. “Bathroom is in use!” He calls out, hoping whoever it is goes away.

“Jinki we’re leaving hurry up.” His mother says before walking away.

Jinki rubs at his eyes and picks up his phone. Only an eternity in the car with his family, Jinki just can’t wait.

 

 

--------------------------------------

 

 

“Jinki I just don’t understand why you’re taking an animal science elective, you should be taking a business elective, or maybe even a psychology elective, didn’t you want to be a doctor?”

Jinki struggles with not yelling at his step-father. Only three hours left in the car, squished between his brother’s giant dog Roxie and the car door, and with the never ending complaining from the two parents infront.

“I haven’t wanted to be a doctor since I was eight, I want to become a Vet Tech.”

His mother scoffs and turns in her seat. “Jinki there are more important things than animals, you can’t possibly think that pays well either. I honestly don’t know where you get your stupidity from, must be your father. He didn’t have a brain either.”

He grits his teeth at the mention of his dad and plays with the ends of his hair. “I know.” He simply says, he knows there’s no winning this argument.

“Mom Jinki is hogging all the space, Roxie has to sit halfway on me, it’s uncomfortable, mom make Jinki stop!” Jinsu whines from beside him and Jinki wants to jump from the car.

Jinki’s mom throws her bottle of water at him and yells. “Jinki move over, you don’t need to be taking all that space. Maybe if you lost weight you wouldn’t need to take up two seats.”

He bites his lip reminding himself that if he kills everyone in the car he’d go to prison. He moves closer to the door and Jinsu pushes Roxie off his lap.

To be honest Jinsu is about three times bigger than Jinki, he doesn’t find it fair that he’s goaded on about his weight. Jinki plays with the fading scars on his wrist and pulls his sweater to his fingertips when Jinsu looks over.

Avoiding eye contact and looking out the window he sighs, he hates family events for this reason, at least when he gets to Daegu he can venture off on his own.

 

 

------------------------------

 

 

One hour away from Daegu Jinki receives a text from Kibum.

 

From: Bum

How’s the car ride?

 

Jinki looks at each person in the car, making sure nobody is looking he sends a reply.

To: Bum

So far I’ve been criticized about my weight my clothing and everything else in my life. So pretty normal, wbu?

 

Jinki puts in his earphones and presses play on a random playlist, nodding along. Five minutes later he gets a reply.

 

From: Bum

Ouch, family that bad huh? I’m at the doc, he says I’m sick, who knows maybe it’ll get me out of this final I have tomorrow.

 

To: Bum

It’s worse, at least I’m not having my life threatened today. Sorry you’re sick, wish I could make it better 4 you.

 

From: Bum

Your family sounds psychotic, I’m sorry you have to deal with that. Too bad the only thing that cures it is kisses

 

Jinki feels his heart skip a beat as he reads that and he starts over thinking the meaning, blushing vigorously before his phone alerts him of a new message.

 

From: Bum

Also yes that is me flirting with you xxxx

 

Jinki tries to hide his smile with his sweater and wiggles his toes in happiness. This car ride may be better yet.

 

 

--------------------------

 

 

Walking down the street Jinki looks at all the shops, stopping to look at window displays every now and then. His family had finally arrived and Jinki immediately left after greeting his mother’s friend, saying he wanted to check out things to do.

Seeing a small cafe Jinki heads inside, hoping to get something that would help with his dying thirst in the heat.

“Welcome! May I take your order?” Jinki turns his head from the menu board to look at the dainty employee infront of him. “Uh yeah, iced tea and a turkey sandwich please.” Jinki says handing over his card, not caring how much it costs because he was feeling hot and super hungry.

“Alright thank you, and can I get a name to call when it’s ready?”

“Jinki.” He replies before taking his card and receipt before going to find a spot directly under the air conditioning.

Jinki feels eyes on him and turns to see the boy from before eyeing him before heading through a door.

It feels like forever before the kid is bringing his food and drink over, Jinki manages to catch a glimpse of his name tag. Taemin. Weird kid. He quickly thanks him and takes a long sip of his iced tea.

The bell above the door to the shop chimes and Taemin greets the customer. Jinki continues eating his sandwich and hears a squeal and what seems to be skin hitting skin. He looks up and finds Taemin leaning over the counter towards a doe eyed boy who looks like he’s seen a ghost.

Confused Jinki looks behind himself, making sure it really was him they were looking at and not someone else before nodding towards the two and continuing his meal.

Jinki hears a faint “Oh my god he’s so cute though” and he smiles to himself before looking at the two boys.

The doe eyed boy is still staring at him and Jinki feels like maybe he has something on his face. After checking and finding nothing, he gets even more confused.

“Uh Minho here’s your drink.” Taemin says handing the boy a plastic to-go cup. Minho blinks and turns to Taemin taking the drink and practically running out of the café.

 

 

----------------------------

 

 

It’s nearing midnight when Jinki receives a text from Kibum.

 

From: Bum

Think I saw you in town today.

 

To: Bum

You didn’t come say hi :(

 

From: Bum

I wasn’t sure if it was you. Sowwy xxxx

 

Jinki frowns, he doesn’t want Kibum to feel sorry. Turning onto his side he thinks of what to reply.

 

To: Bum

Next time, if you see me, come over to get your kisses

 

Jinki immediately regrets sending the text. What if Kibum was joking about the kisses. He holds his head in his hands wishing he can turn back time when his phone dings.

 

From: Bum

Believe me, I would do more than just kiss you.

 

Jinki’s stomach drops and he wonders if maybe he is hallucinating, because things like this don’t just happen. This is not a romantic drama, he is not Chris Evans, he does not get the girl, well in his case the guy.

 

To: Bum

Yeah? I get pretty handsy when I have a handsome guy kissing me ;)

 

Jinki shakes his head, what is he doing? Flirting with Kibum was not on his to-do list, hinting at wanting to Kibum wasn’t something he would normally do either. Jinki thinks he may have lost his mind, and is that a winky face?

 

From: Bum

Maybe we’ll have to put it to the test xx

 

Jinki shakes his head, this is not happening. He quickly turns off his phone and throws it into his suitcase. There is no way someone who looks like that, would be interested in someone like him.

Jinki falls asleep thinking of Kibum and iced tea, maybe today wasn’t so bad.

 

 

 

 

~Un-Beta'd~

~<3~

A/N: So I updated this pretty quickly right? Yeah well let me tell you a secret: I had nothing to do all day and randomly decided to write away all my feelings so here you go. (Literally just finished writing this, started like 3 hours ago)

Also I should remind you that this will not have a happy ending, there will also be a few chapters rated M because adults do things over phones.... ~(^-^)~ (If I add that face it looks cute and makes me seem less of a ert)

Anyways now you know something about Jinkitotallynotmelolnope Also yes I gave Jinki a brothersister and a step-dadmomsboyfriend cause it's based on a true storytotallynotastoryaboutsomethinthathappenedtomelolnope

Also random tidbit: I used the same hair dye that my mom had used (same brand/color) and her hair turned a dark brown (which it was supposed to) but mine turned copper????? Like what did I do wrong because I'm pretty sure copper is the exact opposite of the color I wanted. You guys ever have something like that happen to you? 

Another random tidbit: I got a notification for a comment on my story, and it was like Chapter 15: *insert the comment here* and was like "but this story doesn't have a chapter 15" but my other one does so yeah I think this hair dye killed some brain cells

 I'll try to update later this week!

ps. Sorry for this long A/N I'll shorten it next time but I just have so much to tell you all!

pps. Leecia was this update long enough?

Don't forget to comment and let me know what you think!