Accept or Decline?

You've Got Mail

Jinki unlocks the front door to his small apartment and shuffles in; making his way to his living room he flips on the lights, saying a quiet hello to his cat Puff. Setting his messenger bag down he turns on his laptop and gets settled into his couch, he quickly opens up his internet browser and types in the url for his favorite forum for an American band he had recently gotten into.

He’s spent an hour on the forum commenting back to the few friends he’s made in the 3 months he had been a user of the site when he receives a message from someone he doesn’t know.

 

From: KibTGA

You seriously think that their new album ? What kind of fan are you?

 

Jinki sighs and clicks on KibTGA’s profile, entering his reply he wonders what kind of person would get worked up over such a trivial thing.

 

To: KibTGA

I didn’t say that, I said they could have used more effort, it seems unfinished and most of the songs are different from what genre they are.

 

“You have been invited to a live chat with KibTGA: Accept or Decline

 

Jinki clicks Accept and the small chat window pops open.

 

KibTGA: It’s innovation, they’ve been a band for like 3 years, and they’re allowed to change their style

JinTheGreat: That’s true but I became a fan because of their old stuff, this new stuff reminds me of that awful album Britney Spears put out after her meltdown.

KibTGA: INNOVATION!!

JinTheGreat: A W F U L

KibTGA: You’re not a true fan

JinTheGreat: Oops. Guess that means this convo is over right?

KibTGA: You should try to be more open minded.

JinTheGreat: I did, there’s too much synths, it’s like an R Kelly song.

KibTGA: Where do you live, I’m gonna come kick your , even if I have to go to some backwards American state.

JinTheGreat: Seoul, Korea, enjoy your flight.

KibTGA: You live in Korea?

JinTheGreat: Yeah you might want to get your passport if you’re so intent on kicking my for not liking this album.

KibTGA: I live in Daegu, I’ll get a bus up there this Friday and kick your on Saturday

JinTheGreat: Wait really?

JinTheGreat: I didn’t know anyone else in Korea liked The Great Artist, so much for my special snowflake status

KibTGA: I have a few friends who like them, special snowflake my .

JinTheGreat: You’ll have to wait to kick my

JinTheGreat: Because I have a job interview on Monday

JinTheGreat: Could you do it maybe like Wednesday?

KibTGA: Ha. Why not Tuesday?

JinTheGreat: Parents will be coming from Busan to visit.

KibTGA: I’ll have to reschedule your kicking then because I have important things to do that Wednesday.

JinTheGreat: Oh darn, I was TOTALLY looking towards my kicking

KibTGA: Don’t use sarcasm on me, I could take you, you know

JinTheGreat: You’re the size of a small toddler, and you’re younger than me according to your profile, where’s my respect punk?

KibTGA: Yeah you wish old man.

KibTGA: Anyways I have to get going

KibTGA: INNOVATION INNOVATION

 

“KibTGA has left the chat: click here to return to the forum”

 

Jinki assures himself that he won the argument and scrolls through a few posts before a message pops up.

 

“KibTGA has requested to add you as a friend: Accept or Decline

 

Jinki clicks Accept for the second time today and has the odd feeling he’s in way over his head.

 

 

~Un-Beta'd~

A/N: So here's the first chapter, it's short because I didn't want to make you all wait for the first chapter. Also because I'm going out of town this weekend and won't have internet.

This is my second fanfic story, the first being Guardian Angel, and yes it this story is based on a true story that happened (to me) A lot of you are asking what happened but if I tell you there goes the ending. I'll post the full true story after I've completed this story.

DISCLAIMER:The Great Artist is not an actual band, the name of the band came from a Taiwanese song I like.

 

Don't forget to comment and let me know what you think!