001.

Secret ~

 

Sun was shining, birds were chirping, people were smiling. What's more better than that to start off your day. Song Jieun smiled brightly as she looked at the scenery from her bedroom window. It was a beautiful day. 

"I wish everyday would be like this," Jieun said. "Well I better go have a shower."

Jieun stood up and grabbed her school clothes and skipped off to her bathroom. After a quick shower Jieun went downstairs and her mum had prepared a delicious breakfast for her as usual. 

"Good morning mum," Jieun hugged her.

"Good morning Jieun-ah," Her mum smiled.

"Where's dad?" Jieun asked looking around.

"He left early since he had an important meeting and Daehyun called while you were in the shower," Her mum said.

"He did? What did he say?" Jieun asked.

"He said to wait for him. He'll walk with you to school today."

"Oh really? Well that's a surprise," Jieun said.

"Now hurry, you're going to keep him waiting," Her mum said while shoving her school bag towards her and pushing her towards the door.

"Okay, okay. I got it. Bye mum, love you," Jieun kissed her mum's  cheeks and ran outside to Daehyun.

"Good morning sweetie," Daehyun smiled.

"Good morning my foot," Jieun said.

"Well gee, nice to see you too(!)," Daehyun replied.

"Sorry but you never walk to school with me so what's the special occasion today?" Jieun asked while raising her eyebrows.

"Do I need a special occasion to spend some time with my beautiful girlfriend?" Daehyun said.

"Okay now you're creeping me out. Now spill," Jieun said firmly.

"Okay, alright. Today is our 2nd year anniversary my love," Daehyun smiled.

"Omg! You're right, how could I forget!" Jieun face palmed herself.

"You forgot?" Daehyun sulked.

'Of course I didn't you idiot but you had to ruin my surprise.' Jieun coughed. "Uh .. I'm sorry oppa," Jieun hugged him.

"No worries at least I reminded you," Daehyun smiled cheekily. "Shall I drop you to your class?"

"No need oppa. Anyways I need to go somewhere else. You go first," Jieun kissed him and quickly left.

Jieun needed to go collect some worksheets from her maths teacher. But she had to pass through this staircase which was known to be haunted. There was many rumors about this staircase and nobody dared to look let alone walk down it.

Everytime she had to go pass this staircase she would always close her eyes and chant some prayers but today she had this urging curiousity about what the staircase looked like. She was ready to be scared out of her wits but as she turned and gazed intently down the staircase she frowned.

Jieun furrowed her eyebrows. "That's weird it doesn't look scary like the rumors stated," she said. It was just a normal staircase and at the end there was a storeroom with an eerie feeling. It sent Jieun goosebumps down her back.

"I should leave before something happens," Jieun said. However at that time a ball whacked Jieun's phone out of her hand sending it down the staircase. "," she cursed under her breath. "Are you alright?" a guy asked. "Yeah I'm alright," she replied passing him back his ball.

"I'm really sorry and thank you," and with that he left. Jieun just smiled at him and she looked back at her phone which was lying in front of the storeroom. She debated whether or not to get her phone back but she knew she couldn't live without her phone.

She took a deep breath before walking down. "It's going to be alright, it's going to be alright," she kept telling herself. She finally reached down to pick up her phone and as she did the storeroom creaked open.

"Ahhhhhhhh," Jieun yelled with her eyes shut tightly. She slowly opened her eyes and looked in front of her. Nothing particularly scary inside the room but she still didn't feel so good. She turned around to go back but someone's face just popped in front of her, giving her a second scare.

"Aish you scared me," Jieun lightly pat her thumping heart. "Wait, you can see me?" the guy asked. "What kind of question is that? Of course I can see you," Jieun said. The guy was wearing the same uniform as her, he looked really young, younger than her.

"No way!" He screamed as he started jumping around. "What's wrong with you?" Jieun asked. "I'm a ghost and I finally found someone that can see me," he replied. Jieun start to laugh while the guy just looked at her weird. "Is this some sort of prank?" she said.

"No and I'm not lying. I am a ghost," he replied and to prove it to her he walked passed her. Jieun went from laughing to shocked. "You ... just didn't ... walk pass me ... did you?" she stuttered. "Now do you believe me?" he said.

"Who are you?" Jieun managed to ask. "I'm Luhan," he smiled. "Well whoever you are, that was a good prank. Bye now," Jieun ran without turning back and Luhan just stood there wondering how Jieun could see him.

"What the heck was that?" Jieun mumbled. "Yah! Ssongji!" Someone called her. Jieun didn't even had to turn around to know who it was. "Yes Hana," Jieun said. "Where were you 1st period? It's not like you to skip class," Hana nudged her.

"I had to get some worksheet from my maths teacher and you know the staircase," Jieun said. "That haunted staircase?" Hana widened her eyes. "Yes that staircase. My phone dropped down there so I had to go get it," Jieun said.

"My god Ssongji that's very brave of you," Hana praised. Jieun just smiled at her while looking proud. "Oh by the way Hana do you know someone called Luhan," she asked. "Luhan? Never heard of that name," Hana shook her head. "Oh okay," Jieun titled her head. Who exactly was this person named Luhan.