Kai's Discovery

Hidden Talents

    An alarm clock violently buzzed around on Kai's nightstand, only to have Kai groan in annoyance and toss onto his other side. He swiftly tugged the thick sheets over his head and continued to groan. Shut up... Shut up... I hate Monday's... Shut up... Little did Kai know that his alarm had been going off for almost a whole 45 minutes. Kai hissed a little as he slowly sat up, rubbing the back of his head through the mop of messy, tangled hair. He threw an arm out and grabbed his phone, angrily turning his alarm off. Tiredly, Kai glared at his phone, looking at the time through his almost-closed eyes. “...Aish!” He let out a loud gasp and nearly fell off his bed as he tried to quickly get out of the mess of blankets. “I'm going to be late!” He pushed himself up. Shoot shoot shoot shoot! This can't be happening... Again! This is what... The third time in a month it's happened? Jeez. Okay... I'll just get my stuff for school and shove it in my back, put my shoes on while I fix my hair... And I should be good. Kai glanced in the tall mirror on his wall, inspecting his slim but muscular body. He was wearing a pair of dark skinny jeans and a sweater which he had kept ped. This is what I fell asleep in.... A shirt might have helped keep me warm too but I chose my sweater... Kai couldn't help but chuckle at himself and grin. He fumbled through his dresser and pulled out his uniform which consisted of gray dress pants, a white dress shirt and a gray blazer. He sighed and swiftly changed his pants, buttoning them up quickly. He pulled his dress shirt on and buttoned it up quickly, throwing his jacket over his shoulder. He ran a comb through his hair then ruffled his hair a little. Good. He slid out of his room as he threw his back over his other shoulder. Aish aish aish aish aish!

 

    “Kai... Would you like some bre-”

 

    “Not now, Umma! I'm going to be late if I don't go now!” Kai exclaimed and threw his hands in the air. He slipped his black dress shoes on before he zoomed out the door, leaving it open as he left. I can't be late, I can't be late! He shook his head and continued to run.

 

    ***

 

    “Oh look... Kai's late again, but I'm not surprised...” I heard someone snicker. Luhan... He brushed past the boy leaning against a desk, known as Luhan, and went towards his seat. Luhan nonchalantly stuck his foot out, causing Kai to trip over it and fall forward. Kai gasped and threw his hands in front of him, stopping himself from hitting the floor completely. Luhan and a couple other of his friends burst out laughing. “Oops, sorry, didn't see you walking there.”

 

    Kai angrily got up on his feet. He turned and grabbed the collar of Luhan's uniform. “You did that purposely!” He growled. Luhan put his hands up in defense and snickered. He wore a smirk and looked at his friends.

 

    “I'm sorry... I have no idea what your talking about.” Luhan said innocently. “Choi Sensei! Kai-Hoobae is accusing me of tripping him on purpose... I didn't see him walking there. It was an accident.” He pleaded with big, round eyes. The Sensei looked over at the two boys.

 

    Choi-Sensei pushed his glassed up a little. “Kim Jong-In! Release Lu Han at once and get to your seat!” He demanded with a stern voice. Kai's grip on Luhan's collar got tighter. He glared at Luhan a little before pushing the boy back and angrily walking to his seat. He clicked his tongue in annoyance and sat down at his desk, which was to the left and a few desks up from Luhan. He hung his bang on the back of his chair and sunk down. Great... This is just what I need on a Monday... First I come late.. And then Luhan has o go and make it worse! What else could possibly go wro-

 

    “OW!” Kai shouted as something hard collided with the back of his head. Luhan and his friends all snickered and high-fived each other. Kai rubbed the back of his head and looked down to look for what hit him in the back of the head. He grunted angrily as he scooped up the small rock. He noticed a small piece of paper attached to it. He grumbled and unfolded it, reading the Chinese scribbled onto the small slip of paper..

 

It's clear that nobody wants you here... How'd you even get into a school like this, huh? Nobody likes you here. They all think you're an idiot. All you are is a disgrace to the schools name, so if I were you, I'd just leave now and never come back. ~Lu Han

 

    Kai hissed a little. All he did was crumple up the piece of paper and drop it on the floor. He simply rolled his eyes and leaned back in his chair again. He snickered a little when he heard Luhan give a low hiss. “Aww.... Is the little princess upset...?” After Kai said this, something inside of Luhan seemed to have clicked for Luhan shot up and slammed his hands down on his desk, drawing the attention of the whole classroom. Kai covered his mouth trying not to burst out laughing at Luhan's sudden outburst.

 

    “Excuse me?!” Luhan growled and angrily stormed over to Kai. He forcefully grabbed Kai's collar and yanked him forward. “Listen here, Jong-In...” Luhan muttered and locked his eyes On Kai, who was looking off to the side. “Don't you dare call me a princess... Understood..?” He narrowed his eyes a little. Kai remained silent and continued focusing his attention onto something on the other side of the room. Luhan jerked Kai's body back then pulled him forward again. “Understood?!” He repeated with a harsher tone. Kai shrugged and gave a small Mmm.

 

    “Lu Han, that is enough from you! Either sit down in your seat or go to the principal's office!” Choi-Sensei bellowed furiously after having his lesson interrupted again. Luhan kept his furious, brown eyes locked on Kai's for a moment longer before pushing Kai back, walking back to his seat without another word. Kai smirked, knowing he, in the end, had won their clash for today.

 

    ***

 

    Throughout the rest of the class was dead silent after Luhan's little outburst. Kai pulled his bag over his shoulder and walked off towards the door as he was the last to leave. Not even his Sensei waited after the bell rang. He sighed and walked towards the door, turning the knob and trying to pull the door open. “...” He stared at the doorknob and pulled on the door again. “Come on... Open.” He mumbled then looked up at the window. There stood Luhan and a couple of his friends with a silver key dangling from a chain. Luhan covered his mouth giving a little Oops before he broke out in laughter. He waved with a grin then headed off with his friends as they continued to laugh away. He furiously tried to get the locked door open, but to no avail. He was locked in the room. This seriously can't be happening right now... Why today... Of all days! Today! Kai let out an aggravated sigh. He let go of the doorknob and stepped away from the door. “Babo! Babo babo babo!!” He shouted and tugged at his hair. “...” He looked around then headed to the window. Maybe I can get out through the window... He pushed the window open and stuck his head outside. Oh right... I'm a good 4 stories off the ground. That would be a little stupid. He closed the window again and paced back and forth in the room.

 

    “This is never going to work...” Kai grumbled and closed his eyes. “If I seriously knew how to teleport into the hallway right now that would be fantastic... But sadly, I can't..” He huffed and lifted his arm angrily. There was a swift breeze followed by another, making Kai freeze in place. “I thought I closed the window...” He mumbled to himself and opened his eyes. He jumped at what he saw. The hallway, but not from behind the classroom door. He was outside the classroom. But how... You can't seriously be telling me I can teleport. He laughed at his own thoughts. No no... Maybe I was just imagining I was locked in there... Or is this a dream that I made it out...? He gave his arm a hard pinch, only to react with a loud Ow! “It's not a dream...” He quietly spoke to himself as he walked down the hallway.

 

    On Kai's way home, it was dead silent. He thought to himself constantly at what could've happened. What the heck could have possibly happened?! I mean... I'm locked in the classroom one minute and then I'm in the hallway the next..? I just don't get it... All of these thoughts left Kai utterly confused. He kicked a rock as he walked down the sidewalk. “Maybe... I can do it again..? Then I can prove to myself if I actually... Teleported... Cause right now.. That's the only answer coming to me.” He mumbled and stopped where he was. “Now how'd I do it..?” He asked himself, closing his eyes. That's right. I closed my eyes... And thought where I wanted to go. Maybe if I do that... I can appear at home... Only one way to find out...

 

    Kai breathed at a steady pace and kept his eyes closed. Home... Home. Home. He repeated in his head and waited a minute. He didn't feel either of the quick breezes like he felt earlier. He slowly opened an eye and looked around. “Nothing...” He muttered and sat down on the grass. What on earth am I doing wrong...? I closed my eyes and thought where I wanted to go... Clearly that didn't work. But it worked earlier... What else did I do? He was lost deep in thought.

 

    “Aha!” Kai shot up suddenly, making a Noona jump. “Ahh! Sorry, Noona!” He gasped then face-palmed. “Babo babo babo...” He mumbled to himself. He waited for the Noona to disappear out of his sight before trying again. He stood there quietly again and slowly closed his eyes. Home... Home. Home! The last time he thought of home, he slowly raised his hand. The breeze suddenly blew around Kai again, then was followed by another. “Ahh... Did it work...?” He slowly opened an eyes and looked around. Both his eyes suddenly opened widely. No way... He walked forward.

 

    “I'm home.”

~~~~~~~~~~~


He was wearing a pair of dark jeans and a sweater that he kept ped.

 


 

It's clear that nobody wants you here... How'd you even get into a school like this, huh? Nobody likes you here. They all think you're an idiot. All you are is a disgrace to the schools name, so if I were you, I'd just leave now and never come back. ~Lu Han