Tuesday: The Breaking of Lee Hyukjae

Chemistry

Tuesday

 

Warning: Swears and loopy-while-writing writing

 

"Today is day one of my master plan!" I said to my camcorder. "Today, I shall break down Lee Hyukjae! He may act like he despises Donghae, but I know that deep down, he harbors a love for that dumb fish. Now, I shall hide the camera and wait for the bait to bring in the monkey!"

 

I set my camcorder between a couple beakers in the chemistry lab and prayed that Henry was able to acquire Hyukjae's glasses. My prayers were immediately answered.

 

"Henry Lau what the hell are you doing with my glasses?! Give them back! I can't see without them, and they are hella expensive!" Hyukjae shouted as he chased a giggling Henry into the lab. They ran a couple laps around the room before Henry accidentally trips and threw the glasses out the window.

 

"Henry..." Hyukjae growled. He sent one of his best glares in the younger's direction. However, his glare was very ineffective against Henry's powerful kicked-puppy-look.

 

"Can't get mad at him huh?" I asked him teasingly. Hyukjae sighed as he waved Henry off, who ran away.

 

"I don't know how he does it, but every time he looks at me with those eyes, I just can't stay mad at him!" Hyukjae complained as he slumped down on the couch next to me. Fun fact, Teukie hyung kept a couch in his lab. I don't know why, but it was my favorite place to hang with Hyukjae and Donghae.

 

"You shouldn't be mad at him anyway," I replied. Here goes nothing!

 

Hyukjae arched a brow and narrowed his eye. "Why?"

 

"Because I made him do it."

 

As I spoke those words, I could literally see his rage bubbling up again. He really needs to go see some sort of anger management. Getting mad this often can't be good for him.

 

"Now before you flip out," I continued, "I didn't ask him to bring you here for fun. There's something serious I need to talk to you about."

 

Hyuk-hulk stopped mid-transformation.

 

"It's about Donghae."

 

A concoction of emotions appeared on Hyukjae's face. There was anger, of course, but surprisingly there was also worry, frustration, and something tender. How do I know? It's because, please read in broad announcing voice, I'm Kyupid Man: master of reading faces! I came up with that myself! Catchy, huh?

 

Anyway, while I was secretly gloating my success of breaking down Lee Hyukjae, the man himself looked like he was about to explode.

 

"Hyuk?" I asked, cautiously.

 

"That. Idiot!!!" He screeched. It seemed like he had lost all self-control. "I knew this was gonna happen! I knew it from the start! His no good friends are probably the ones responsible, but the ditched him to take the blame! How many times have I told him that he was too good for those bastards?! Now that he's in mega trouble, who's gonna help him?! Huh?! He screwed himself up by hanging out with those ers!"

 

Wow I did not expect that. I thought he would be mad at me for trying to talk to him about it.

 

"Don't even get me started on his potential!"

 

I didn't.

 

"He had so much potential! He could have been anyone! Literally anyone! He had a whole wonderful life ahead of him but noo!! He wanted to be cool and hip so he just threw his life away for cool?! Doesn't he see his reflection in the mirror? Does he not hear his own voice when he sang? Doesn't he realize how talented he is when he got the lead role in the school play?!"

 

Trust me. He doesn't. But you could tell him that Hyukjae.

 

"Unlike me, he's actually got something he should be proud of! He has so much potential, but why?! Why the hell did he have to get involved with the wrong crowd?! Why can't he see that he's special?!"

 

Because no one ever told him that.

 

"Why did he have to go and get arrested?!"

 

Uh, what?

 

"Hyukjae," I said slowly, "what are you talking about?"

 

Hyukjae rolled his eyes and huffed. "Don't play dumb with me. I know that's what you wanted to talk to me about. Donghae got arrested and you needed someone to help you bail him out. Don't worry, I'll do it and prove to him that whatever he's doing is not cool enough to give up his life for."

 

"Hyukjae," I said again, "Donghae didn't get arrested."

 

Hyukjae didn't move.

 

"Donghae's fine. He's a little dumb, but fine."

 

Hyukjae still didn't move only the muscles in his eye twitched a bit.

 

I wanted to laugh. Not only did I break Lee Hyukjae, but I also drove him speechless! I am so amazing.

 

"What got you so worked up?" I asked, chuckling.

 

"You said you wanted to talk about Donghae, and I just, you know, just assumed the worse, and, yeah..." Hyukjae finally stammered out. A fierce blush was slowly taking over his face.

 

I laughed for real this time. "You sure did, Hyuk!" The blush on his face reddened even more and he scratched the back of his head.

 

"Shut up, Kyu. You are evil! You know I was trying to prove a point." He said. Oh he looked so adorable right now, all red and flustered. He's even pouting! Such soft looking pink lips! Oh Hae is so lucky!

 

"But," I teased, “you also mentioned something about his voice, his looks, his talents, and his potential."

 

"I-" Hyukjae replied, but he stopped. A puzzled look danced across his brows as we sat in silence. I didn't what he was thinking. Unlike Donghae, Hyukjae was rather hard to read. He often hid his true intentions so that no one, sometimes not even himself, knew what he really wanted.

 

"I have to go," he finally mumbled. Without another look, he almost ran out of the lab. Is it just me or is everyone running out of the chemistry lab today?

 

"It's the sidekick calling. It's the sidekick calling." my phone sang to me.

 

"Yes."

 

"Boss Kyupid, this is Agent Chipmunk."

 

"Speak Agent Chipmunk."

 

"My preparations are all set for tomorrow with Agent Neigh Neigh."

 

"Come on Henry, Agent Neigh Neigh?"

 

"Hey, Siwon said he liked it!"

 

"Fine. Agent Chipmunk on hold. Await new mission!"

 

"Sir, yes sir!"

 


 

Chemistry was the last period of the day at SM High School and also my favorite period of the day. It's not just that Teukie hyung goes easy on me, it's also because I have my two mission objectives right there next to each other in front of me. Today, Hyukjae was looking very glum.

 

"Damn you Cho Kyuhyun," he muttered under his breath, "I can't see anything without my glasses." Instead of responding, I just stuck my tongue out at him. He rolled his eyes and continued to squint at the board. I didn't want to tell him but NO3SO4 is definitely not elephant poop. Instead, I glanced at the seat next to the monkey man. It's not like Donghae never skips class, it's just that he never, ever skipped Teukie hyung's class. As much as Donghae at school, he always tries his best in Teukie hyung's class. After all, Teukie hyung took him in without a question three years ago when Donghae's parents died.   

 

"Sorry Teukie hyung!" a familiar voice called. The door to the lab slammed open and there stood Lee Donghae.

 

Teukie hyung frowned and said, "Why are you late? And why did you interrupt class in such a rambunctious fashion?"

 

Donghae grinned. "Hyung, you know I always like to make an entrance!" He did a little twirl while humming a little tune. He grinned as the class started laughing.

 

"As for the tardiness," he continued, "I was helping a friend with something. It won't happen again."  He bowed politely and took a seat next to Hyukjae. Instead of the usual sneer and shuffle-away-from-the-freak that Hyukjae always greeted Donghae with, this time Hyukjae just continued to squint at the board and writing down complete bull.

 

"Alright Donghae, don't let it happen again," Teukie hyung said. He turned his back and continued writing down the notes on the board.

 

"Psst," Donghae whispered to Hyukjae as he got out his notebook, "that says solution, not seduction."

 

Hyukjae just groaned. He mumbled a quiet thanks and once again started copying down nonsense. Donghae giggled. He nudged Hyukjae again.

 

"What?" Hyukjae hissed. I could see that he was already pretty darn annoyed.

 

"You'll never guess what happened today," Donghae whispered.

 

Hyukjae rolled his eyes. "I don't ca-"

 

"Let me finish!" Donghae interrupted. "So I was outside eating my lunch since I had a free third period. Something flew out the lab window and landed on my plate. I picked it up, and there it was, a dork's glasses. However, it was all dirty and covered in food. Not only that, the frame was a little bent and an arm was missing. Now I thought, someone would really miss these glasses. So, I took the rest of the hour and found some tools and fixed it. You wouldn't by any chance know which dork owns these glasses?" He took out a pair of black framed glasses. The frame looked slightly scratched up, but otherwise whole. I could recognize that pair of glasses anywhere and I'm sure Donghae could too. 

 

It was Hyukjae's.

 

That stupid fish must have fixed them on purpose to spite Hyukjae's spoiled brattiness!

 

"You, you," Hyukjae stuttered. He couldn't finish that sentence. Instead, he gently picked up the pair of glasses and caressed it with his fingers.

 

"So it was yours?" Donghae asked.

 

Hyukjae nodded. He was still speechless. It's the second time today that he's been speechless today.

 

"Ohh," Donghae rambled. "Then I'm guessing you probably don't need it. You have like thirty pairs at home, so an old dirty one that was fixed by me couldn't possible fit your standard right?" Was he testing Hyukjae? Did something happen? Did Agent Chipmunk leak information?!

 

"No!" Hyukjae replied. He lifted the pair of glasses and smiled at it. Did Hyukjae have a for glasses or something?

 

"What do you mean?" Donghae asked. He looked more confused than I did.

 

"It's just, thank you." Hyukjae slipped on the pair of glasses and looked at his notes. He chuckled before looking up at Donghae. He gave the latter a small but genuine smile and started vigorously correcting his notes.

Donghae was stunned, as am I. Did someone kidnap the real Hyukjae and replace him with a cotton candy version that has a glasses ? But the smile and happiness on his face was real. He looked pleasantly surprised.

 

Donghae glanced at me with a questioning look; I could only shrug.

 

Something about Hyukjae seemed different, but it was a good different. By the look on Donghae's face, he liked the change, too.

 

Good thing everything was caught on camera.

 


 

“Hello. This is Boss Kyupid.”

“Agent Chipmunk here.”

“Did you fix the glasses?”

“The what?”

“You had no involvement in the fixing glasses to break Hyukjae affair?”

“No sir.”

“Dismissed.”

 

“Hello.”

“Boss Kyupid, this is Agent Neigh Neigh.”

“About your name…”

“I know right?! It’s awesome!”

“…”

“Boss?”

“Mission prepared?”

“Sir yes sir.”

“Depart at 0600 tomorrow morning.”

“That is way too early!”

“Agent Neigh Neigh. Depart or else.”

“Else what?”

“Else some pictures might be leaked.”

“…fine.”

“Agent Neigh Neigh, dismissed.”

 


Author's Notes:

Well I had the start of a cold this morning. I was looking for some light cold medicine, but no. I accidentally took a really powerful flu thing that made me woozy for most of the day. If there's any funny grammar please let me know. I wasn't exacty right in the mind when I wrote this...

Anyway, thank you soo much for the subs! I was not expecting 24 whole subs! It's not like you can get half a sub, but thank you!

-Bedazzled