Ring

The Warmth Within

Ring

 

Seohyun carefully touched the wound with the ointment using the cotton bud only to stop when she heard Yonghwa whimpering in pain. She gently breathed out at the place where it seemed to hurt the most, oblivious to the smoldering gaze he was throwing her.

“Is it okay now?” Seohyun slightly lifted her head to meet his eyes.

“I’m not hurt there Seo Joohyun.” His eyes were intense and serious, trying to turn her into a bundle of goo. She ignored the unfamiliar Yonghwa in front of her and continued to wrap his hand using the bandage from the first aid kit.

“It’s done, I think I should go now.” Seohyun stood up, smoothing the crumple of her shirt.

“Do you want to go?” Yonghwa voice was cracking as he asked her that question.

“Don’t you want me to go?”

“Why do you think I will want you to go? Have I ever imply anything like that to you before?”

“You don’t.”

“Exactly. Stay Joohyun.”

“Oppa.. It’s not right.”

“STOP GIVING ME THAT BULLCRAP!” Yonghwa breath grew faster as his eyes were getting teary as he flashed an evident of hurt in his face.

 Seohyun stood frozen, as the gripped on her handbag loosened. It fell to the floor in a matter of seconds and just like that her knees weakened as she kneeled down, biting her lips in effort to stop her freaking eyes from crying.

“Why are you crying?” His voice grew gentler.. for a moment there she can heard the regret in his voice. He tried to touch her but she preferred to have no kind of contacts with him. She knew very well how the tear duct won’t stop producing her real feelings if he touched her.

“My eyes have been leaking lately..”

“So, I didn’t hurt you with me yelling before right?”

She didn’t know what’s wrong with her but there’s a sudden surge of rage overwhelming her composure and she started hitting him on the chest… she shouldn’t say the next words but she still ended up saying it.

“You did. You hurt me oppa. You did it when you let yourself get hurt by that woman.. you did it again when you let yourself get hurt repeatedly.. you let it happen again when I clearly can tell that she dumped you and not you that dump her. Are you that silly to let your love blinded you!? Nothing justify unfaithfulness and you did nothing to hold her from doing the same act to her! And you hurt me again when you blabbered to me whenever you drowned yourself in alcohol and call me! Then you asked me a question that you know I can’t answer because you perfectly know that it wasn’t right!? Then you are all fine when you meet me the next time as if nothing happen because you don’t remember a single thing! You let me endure that hellish you put me through alone. Then you tell me everything about your life when you should have told her first and you make me all guilty..” Seohyun leaved her sentence hanging when Yonghwa smashed his lips on hers. His strong build arms covered her small waist as he pulled her closer. Trying to purify the words out from her lips.. She pushed him desperately with all the strength that she could mustered but his eyes were greedy. It was like he was trying to eat her up. He was about to attack her lips again and she quickly covered her lips in a desperate attempt of trying to stop him but instead he went and touch a drop of her tear at the corner of her eyes.

“I won’t say I’m sorry for kissing you because I’m not. I’m not going to say sorry that I did all those things to you because I love you. You can’t blame me for having these kinds of feelings for you because I can’t control it Joohyun. I kissed you because I wanted to feel again, and I’m not sorry for taking advantage because you clearly felt something.. I knew you can pushed me stronger than that but you chose to indulge yourself in it before pushing me.. You can just walk out on me but you don’t.”

Yonghwa gazed at her lovingly as he lifted her chin slightly with his hand.. his lips curved into a gentle smile, hoping that she will stop her crying spree.

“This is the first time that I truly see you cried. Are you crying because you are so in love with choding?”

“I did not..” Seohyun denied, their nose were only inch apart from touching each other. “I’m only crying because I feel myself becoming weaker.. I don’t like what you are doing to me.. I don’t like the fact that you won’t go away from me.. I hated that my heart beat wildly for you.. I hate that I love you too much that I can’t be with any other guy despite so badly wanting to do so and I’m truly scared.”

“Why?” Their nose touched, accidentally on Seohyun’s part but not so much from Yonghwa’s part.

“Y-your fans..” Yonghwa eyes widened in shock, he quickly pulled her in for a hug. His hand was protectively letting her seek for his warmness. She was crying again. He knew this because he felt his shoulder part getting wet from her tears.

The rumor is true.. the rumor is true.. no wonder she looked tense whenever she met me for a couple of weeks.

“Did they really..?” Yonghwa asked hesitatingly and felt her nodding weakly to it.

“Oh my god! Seo Joohyun.. I’m so sorry. I-I’m so..so sorry.. I didn’t know it. I’m so stupid.. I really am. I’m so sorry.. Oh god.. I never thought they were capable of that.” Yonghwa hands were shaking as he was trying to touch her cheeks. Feeling guilty for the pain that he had caused her.

They technically harassed her with hate mail that some Sones started to take precautions by following her around to make sure no obsessed fans of him trying to approach her anymore. Apparently, it’s a well kept secret and Sones clearly stated that they are not fond of Seohyun being linked with Yonghwa anymore due to that specific reason.

“I’m sorry..” Yonghwa lifted her shaking hand and kissed it.

“for..” Yonghwa kissed her knuckles… as If he was begging her to stop being afraid and to trust him.

“letting you..” Yonghwa planted a kiss on forehead.

“experience that.” He mumbled, his lips were still on her forehead.

“But.. I truly..” He kissed her right eye lids before proceeding to kiss the other eyelids.

“love you..” He kissed her nosetip.

“Be mine already Joohyun..” He cupped her cheeks.. “I won’t ever let them hurt you like that again.”

Logically Seohyun knew it’s a tough road she will be going through if she’s going to recipocrate Yonghwa’s feeling.. but she also knew it’s a worthwhile journey because Yonghwa will never ever let her hand go anymore.

“I’m already yours without you asking me to be..”

***

Yonghwa put the ring on her finger.. grinning when he noticed how she showed no restrained on expressing her joy over the fact that they are engaged. She was lifting her hand and let the sun illuminate the ring on her finger as the diamond sparkled as a proof of their love towards each other.

“Oppa it’s gorgeous..” She commented on the ring, her lips twitched into a small smile.

“Yes, it’s gorgeous..”

Just, not as gorgeous as you sweetheart..

He lets his fingers brushed her cheeks lovingly thinking to himself that she was everything he had ever wanted.. that he should have never let her go every again.

“Now, all that’s left is for us to get married Joohyuy.”

Her smile finally grew bigger, her cheeks were tomato red.. as her eyes were emitting deadly sparkles never once leaving the diamond adorning her finger. Yonghwa smiled lovingly, hoping that the moment will last forever. Those tears that she sheds for him, he will repay her back with interest. He will try his best to make sure she got the best treatment a girl like her should have deserved.

 

“There’s this time that I felt lost.. I’m not sure what I’m doing anymore.. I’m not sure that I truly do love music to continue on.. I’m not even sure who I am anymore. That’s why I always told my juniors that entertainment business is a really cruel place. It has its perks.. and maybe the joy in it will magnified but the pain will be magnified too. And along the steps if you find something that is precious to you, don’t ever let it go because you can’t forever satisfy the thirst of the fans. You musn’t let them control you. I did let them control me and I felt nothing like myself.. I was so scared of my own self, I felt like a monster in the making but then I met her again. At that specific moment, I know that I should never let her go. You know, that moment when a simple sentence that can make you feel human again.. that envelop with you in certain warmness and that it’s okay to be vulnerable. That moment… that person.. don’t ever let that kind of person go”

 

"I love you oppa.. I really do.."

"I love you more than you ever know Joohyun.." Yonghwa traced his finger on her lips.. feeling the texture before leaning in to show her that he meant every words that he said to her.

Seohyun can felt how he managed to slide in a smile before pecking her lips and that makes her all the more giddy as she closed her eyes to savor in the moment. The moment that she knew, she was his to hold.

 

 

Author’s Note

I know it’s not fluff and it’s not that long.. but I think this is more than enough. LOL. I will call it as a romance story instead okay? :)