Drunk

The Warmth Within

Drunk

BGM : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKaWIKXleak

 

Seohyun flashes her perfect lined up white teeth as she giggled to the joke that she could barely comprehend in her head but still it’s her job and it’s her duty to make sure there’s no flaw in the product so she kept it up despite being really tired with her endless schedules.

She left to and headed to the dressing room after thanking each staff for their hard work in making the show a success.

And that’s where the problem started to kick in.

She eyed the ringing phone that she puts on the table, not willing to pick it up despite her unniedul insistence to answer it. She sighed unwillingly and picked it up knowing fully well who’s calling her right now. It was her supposed boyfriend who benefited from each other. Why? Because SM trying to create a distraction from all their scandals and having a relationship with a completely prestigious celebrity will cover a lot of problem won’t they? Though, technically they were actually preparing for a break up right now conceding that long distance relationship won’t work out that easily. She doesn’t really mind though because firstly, it’s great for her coverage. Secondly, it will take her mind off the endless courting she has been receiving as of late and thirdly, the paparazzi will stop following her for any dating news again.

Though, Seohyun has been asking him to end this ‘benefit relationship’ which he did agreed on just to make her comfortable but they do continued being a good friend to each other.

She genuinely care for him as a sunbae and a friend but now, she’s a bit cranky thanks to Yonghwa oppa girlfriend. That’s well, in front of her right now.

Making out with another guy, she scoffed. It’s the fourth time she’s seeing this. The first one, she ignored it and decided it’s the best not to meddle in but then she received a call from him. Yes, from Yonghwa during her break up dinner with Jay Chou.

Yes, the man she was talking about was Jay.

“Oppa?”

“….” Silence was the only thing she could hear from the other line and it’s been bothering her despite the clearly uncomfortable expression her soon to be ex-boyfriend was giving her.

“You saw her cheat, why don’t you tell me?”

“Oppa, I’m having a dinner with a friend right now. I don’t think it’s wise to talk now.”

“Sorry for interrupting then.”

“Are you sure you would be okay?”

“I will.”

“Jung Yonghwa?” Jay arched his right eyebrow in curiosity and Seohyun just nodded before continued to sip the wine as her heart are nowhere comfortable with the called Yonghwa just made and that night she went back home drunk. People thought it was because of her break up but Jay and she knew that it doesn’t involve the arrangement at all.

***

Seohyun walked through the hallway and bowed back to the juniors that were greeting her and then she met Min Ah. She really wanted to have a purely good relationship with her without having any weird feeling just because she used to be her boyfriend ex virtual wife.

But it’s not easy… it’s not easy when clearly Min Ah herself wasn’t fond of her and truthfully she gets it. It’s nobody fault.

Min Ah even once said straight forwardly at her whether she has something going on with Yonghwa and the only answer she could give her was no because there really wasn’t any despite being you know friend with each other. The hard thing was, the latter doesn’t believe her and asked her to stay away from her boyfriend and she did. Of course she did, she doesn’t want to ruin anyone happiness.

There this instance where Yonghwa drunk dialed her and it happened plenty of times before. According to Jungshin, whenever Yonghwa was drunk she will drunk dial her and blabbered nonsensical things to her. The first few times she preferred to end up the phone and warned Yonghwa not to drunk dial her anymore but as the time goes on she grew accustomed to it. . It wasn’t she doesn’t want to talk to him at all but the issue was that he has a girlfriend and it’s more appropriate for her girlfriend to listen to him. The calls are usually about his issues and he just needed someone to vent to so she became that person for him.

“Uri cute button nose!”

“Yes, choding what do you want to talk about today?” Seohyun cooed as she was getting her make up done.

“I’m tired. My eyes are like panda. My faces are everywhere in the city. I don’t want to work anymore.”

“Is that so?”

“Yes. And I don’t want to act anymore I just wanted to make music. I’m a terrible actor.”

“Is it? You told me it’s good to gain experience.”

“I did?”

“You did oppa!”

“As expected, you know me the best.”

“This has no relation to..”

“Shh.. I saw cockroach. I’m going to kill it!”

‘SLAMM!’

“YAAA HYUNG! It’s MY LEG YOU SLAP ON!” Seohyun laughed crazily hearing Jungshin shouting in pain.

But there was some rare moments when she will hung up on him because she knew it wasn’t right and she doesn’t wanted to get affected anymore.

“Hyunniie! Hikhik.” The sounds of hiccups can be heard from the other line.

“Ne, oppa. What do you want to talk about this time?”

“I love you!”

“..”Seohyun stayed rigid, as she laid on her bed as she was reading a book before.

“Uhh me too?”

“Hehe. Then why aren’t we together?”

Seohyun breath fastened and she felt a stung on her eyes. It wasn’t a good feeling at all. She hung up on him to make sure she kept herself intact only to find her crying sounds becoming her lullaby that night as the nonstop ringing from Yonghwa was cut off by her as she turned off her phone.

There’s this one time, that she needed to pick him up at the bar. Usually, she will ask the bartender to call his girlfriend or his bandmates or even his manager but this time, she picked him up herself. Because she has enough with his dramas that she relentless managed to know despite not wanting to do so. And she hated how he behaved so willingly despite being cheated numerous time.

Why is he so hopelessly in love with Min Ah that he’s turning a blind eye to the issue? And that’s pure stupidity and she would love to enlighten him with her lectures.

“You finally come. I thought you will make me call some other person. It’s hard being a middle person.”

“I was about to ask you to call his girlfriend…”

If I doesn’t see her going out with some other guy.

Seohyun and the bartender pushed the now drunk Yonghwa into the back of a taxi. This taxi was known among celebs because the taxi driver kept his mouth shush and doesn’t let out a thing being revealed to the media. Seohyun sat at the side of the taxi only to be poke by Yonghwa for the millionth time and she can’t help but scolded him.

“Oppa! Stop touching me…”

“Waeyooo?” Yonghwa made a cute puppy eyes at her and her heart broke as she was silently screaming to look away and just looked anywhere other than at him.

“Aren’t you hurt that she’s cheating on you?”

“I don’t care.”

“Don’t you love her?”

“No. I love Simpsons!” He laughed cheekily as he started to jump on the taxi only to be forced to sit again by Seohyun.

 “Seohyun..”

Seohyun was shocked by the tone of seriousness in his voice and turned to look at him.

“Waeyo?”

“Nothing.”

“Why, is it that there aren’t a night where you don’t drink anymore oppa?”

“Seohyun.. My mom is sick.” And just like that Seohyun gaze never leaved his intoxicating brown eyes as she inhaled the overwhelming feeling that was about to burst out. 

“You’re cute…” Yonghwa pinched Seohyun cheeks and compared to his cheeks. The latter just slapped away his hand each time but the choding doesn’t mind it and all. “How can your cheeks become like that? I’m jealous.”

“That’s because you keep pinching it oppa!” She whined. “What am I doing here by the way!?” She yelled frustratingly.

“You’re here for me! Hik hik. Seohyun… remember that I’m the one who make your cheeks like that, not any other guy.” Yonghwa winked at Seohyun causing the latter stomach to feel like butterflies were flying as her heart was hammering wildly like it’s about to go out from her body. But the feeling she was feeling right now won’t be going away as she felt his heavy head on her lap. She can feel how his chest breath up and down, producing a loud snoring sounds.

The heat rushed through her cheeks as the tint redness can be seen clearly and she knew it needed to stop so she shuts her eyes tightly, hoping that the night go by faster.

And that’s the trigger. It’s the cue that she can let the misery out of her chest. She cried… she sobbed so hard that there was barely a time where she can inhale back the air she lets out.

Because she knew.. deep inside that..

This wasn’t right.

She shouldn't be in love with him. She just can't.

***

She went back home to an empty apartment. There wasn’t any single hint of dust inside as she walked wearing the house slipper she just bought in.

The pillows were neatly arranged on the couch and the table was empty from any trash and unnecessary stuffs. The white grand piano stood proudly beside the sliding door where the light came rushing in. Her favourite books were put nicely on the bookshelves along with some awards. She positioned her bags and her scarf carefully on the coffee table before turning on the television.

She was watching Frozen, and the girl started to sing “Let it go! Let it go!” and it kept on repeating. It annoyed the heck out of her so she started crying and she’s about to stop but then it repeated again.. “Let it go.. let it go..” So she started sobbing and wipping her tears with the tissue as the tissue box are now next to her.

She was a leaking pipe, still crying despite she already changed the program to Gag Concert. They were making very funny jokes so she laughed along but still her tears kept on falling.

She doesn’t understand.. what’s wrong with her.

She looked around again. The house is in perfect condition. It was flawless but the owner was a complete mess.

What’s wrong with her? Why won’t it stop?

***

It’s only been a day since she got back from Japan and she was about to enter into the apartment buiding when she noticed Min Ah storming out, she got a bad feeling about it. She decided it wasn’t her business so she still head home though her mind was fully occupied of how Yonghwa’s doing especially after hearing about his mother? That’s when she decided to create a silly excuse of just saying hi to her neighbour.

‘Ding dong…’ She waited 2 minutes but there wasn’t any answer so she pressed the bell button only to see a black eyed Yonghwa answering the door. She surveyed the inside of his house with her eyes and it wasn’t a pleasant sight. It’s an unlikely place where you could call the person living in it as ‘happy’.

She promised herself not to mind his business anymore and just be happy with her life but .. she can’t help but to care.. She can’t help but be worried.

And that sentence slipped out from her tongue..

“Are you okay oppa?"

Seo Joohyun.. you really got it bad don't you?

 

 

Author's Note

Like always leave some feedback about this chapter.. be it in comment form or even upvotes. I did this in one go so i haven't reread this one yet. In case you guys get confuse. This is the lead up to the final scene on regards of Seohyun.