Sleep Talking.

Stealing Kisses.

Sleep Talking. Middle School AU.

 

Ryeowook listens to the gentle pitter-patter of rain hitting against the window. It’s past midnight, but despite that, he can’t sleep at all. It isn’t insomnia this time. It’s because of his best friend, whom he has to share his bed with. The very same best friend he’s been inappropriately crushing on for two years, sleeping peacefully only a few centimeters away from him. His frantic heartbeats leave him restless, especially since they are facing each other.

Ryeowook takes this as a rare opportunity to stare at Changmin, noticing how vulnerable his typically snarky friend looks under the soft glow of the moonlight peaking through his curtains. He looks handsome, angelic and Ryeowook resists the urge to caress his face.

His eyes do the tracing instead, gazing at Changmin’s smooth eyelids and delicate long lashes. Are you dreaming of me? Please dream of me. Ryeowook secretly hopes, because his dreams are always about Changmin. Will you ever dream of me?

His eyes follow the length of his straight nose, before settling on plump, slightly parted lips. Ryeowook chews his bottom lip, resisting the second urge to kiss his defenseless friend. Caught up in those thoughts, he doesn’t even realize until it’s too late that his pointer finger is tracing the soft pair of lips. He wonders briefly, a little enviously, who would get the honor of receiving Changmin’s first kiss. Can it be me?

Ryeowook gasps at the feel of Changmin’s tongue his finger accidently as Changmin sleepily his lips. Ryeowook pulls his finger away as if he was burned, because the touch kind of did. His face heats up and he’s glad for the darkness, so Changmin can’t see if he’s blushing. He doesn’t even know how to explain himself. Rather nervously, he glances up to check on his friend, astounded (and completely relieved) that he is still sleeping. 

Changmin shifts closer to him unconsciously, his lips even more inviting at the shortened distance. Ryeowook blushes again, looking at the ceiling while silently praying for more self-control because it’s slipping.

“Ryeo…wook…”

Ryeowook’s eye widen as he glances back at his best friend, who is still asleep. He waits by bated breaths, wondering if he is dreaming all this or he is just losing his sanity from sleepless nights.

Then Changmin speaks again, ten minutes later. “…Ryeowook…”

Ryeowook’s heart beats faster, noisily in his chest while butterflies invade his stomach but he doesn’t care - Not when Changmin says his name in his sleep.