Autumn Edition.

Stealing Kisses.

Autumn Edition. Neighbors AU. Slice of Life.

 

Changmin rests his arms against the balcony railing, inhaling the toxic fumes provided by his cigarette. He shivers at the cold gust of wind that suddenly passes through, his thin long sleeve shirt not enough to protect him.

He sighs heavily, dreading the fact that autumn is going to be cold this year. Although, it doesn’t really matter for him – he rarely leaves his apartment complex unless his friends drag him out of it.

Changmin leans further against the railing, gazing lazily at the dull landscape of dead leaves until he spots his neighbor, diligently raking leaves into a neat pile. His lips twitch, before curling into an amused smirk.

“What are you doing, cutie?” Changmin mumbles under his breath, chuckling as he watches his cute neighbor.

He doesn’t really understand himself, but he likes his neighbor, Kim Ryeowook. Even though, they are complete opposites: Ryeowook is a notorious health fanatic and a clean freak, obsessed in eating natural, organic meals and maintaining a spotless apartment. While Changmin couldn’t careless if he ate instant ramen for the next three days, or about the dirty pile of clothes, accumulating on his bedroom floor. Their differences didn’t stop Changmin from liking Ryeowook though.

Changmin takes a slow drag from his cigarette, wondering if Ryeowook could hear him from the third floor. It was worth a try though.

“Hey!” Changmin immediately chuckles when Ryeowook flinches, dropping the rake in his hand. “Ryeowook-sshi!”

Ryeowook looks up skeptically, before a smile spreads across his face; a genuine smile that could rival the sun in brightness. He bounces around, waving frantically at Changmin and Changmin can’t resist but wave back, although a lot more casually.

“Working hard?”

Ryeowook tugs his scarf lower to his chin, cheeks clearly flushed from being out in the cold for too long. “Yeah. What are you doing?”

Changmin smirks, holding up his cigarette. “Smoking.”

He doesn’t need to look closely to know Ryeowook is frowning, just like he always does whenever Changmin admits he smokes. What usually follows is a long lecture from Ryeowook about how bad smoking is for his health, and isn’t a ‘proper’ way to relieve stress. (Changmin always promises to cut back afterwards.)

But Changmin knows Ryeowook is not about scream all that. So instead, he watches as Ryeowook huffs – rather adorably for someone who is older than him. (It doesn’t help that Ryeowook has a baby-face too.)

Ryeowook suddenly shivers again at another cold gust of wind, scattering the leaves and ruining his tidy pile.

Changmin purses his lips, snubbing out his cigarette on the ashtray beside him. “Hey, Ryeowook-sshi!”

“What?” Ryeowook shouts back, pulling his jacket tighter around his slender frame.

“Would like you to come over for a cup of hot chocolate?”

Ryeowook hesitates, clearly distraught over something. “Are you sure? Isn’t the deadline for your book due soon?”

“Finished it this morning,” Changmin lazily waves away his concern. “Now are you coming or what?”

Ryeowook smiles his answer, racing excitedly towards the apartment building entrance. Changmin doesn’t like autumn, but he figures it might not be so bad if Ryeowook is here to keep him company.