Rooted

General
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I still remembered the night we laid there, on the roof of his apartment building, staring at the dark night above us. The stars being the only light that lit up across the sky and into our calming souls. We laid shoulder to shoulder, heads tilted towards each other, almost touching but not quite. The quietness of the town bringing us to a slight relief for it was different from being in the city. The warmth we felt, despise the coldness of the cool breeze, still lingered on. Even ti'll this day, I still felt the warmth.

 

I once hardly ever took a liking at staring at the star, because I didn't find the fun in staring at pointless stars. They glow, I get it, but that's about it. It was meaningless for they were so far away to even affect me. But once he explained what they mean to him, I began to warm up to them as if they held a special meaning to me, like it did to him. There wasn't anything particular to his reasoning, but his words enticed me in. Ever since that day, the stars meant more than it should. Even if it was still useless to me.

 

"I love you."

 

I gave him a warm smile as I heard those words echo in my mind while we both stared at the dark sky, the stars shinning beautifully. I didn't need to say anything, because as I have learned in life, actions speaks louder than words, and this is how I express my feelings towards him. He knew this. But he believed vice versa. Kwon Jiyong is definitely a man of words. To him, nothing is more special than the passion that one can emit from their inner soul. Or so he say. I didn't believe him and he didn't believe me. That's how we get along.

 

Our differences made us into what we were once. That's what made me want him to myself. 

 

Ever since then, I promised myself to stand behind him for support. When he falls back, I'm here to catch him, ready to rescue him.

 

I watched him, just like how I watched everyone else. He walked on as I continue to watch his back, staying rooted to where I stood. I watched him as he held another in his arms, smiling together, laughing together, and eventually being together.

 

Nothing last forever.

 

For such an overused phrase, it sure still pushed me backwards with an impact, sending me a couple steps back. It was a hard blow, I admit, but it never made me fall. Because I had hope. We will last. Like how he promised me. Like how I promised him. We will fight against such overrated phrase. Even if it made us separate further away from each other, I just know it cannot take us away from each other. We were forever. Jiyong and I. We were going to last forever. We promised.

 

Promises are meant to be broken, shattered, and forgotten.

 

Life made sure she took those shards and stabbed me in the heart. I begged her not to stab Jiyong in the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter