Chapter 2

Broken Star

Hyerin is wandering around the streets while carrying her luggage and the stuffs Baekhyun ask her to buy.

" The school should be around this area.. " She says and looking around. Not much people are on the streets, maybe it is working hour, she thoughts. She looks at the shops nearby and pouts her lips. She hums to a song and continue walking. Suddenly, a godly figure standing before a display window caught her attention. She twists her lips and look into his direction.

"What is he doing? " She asks herself and walks closer to him.

Inside the display, a very beautiful and expensive looking dress can be seen. It causes her jaw to drop once again. It's her first time seeing such a beautiful dress, wedding dress to be more specified. The man standing still and not even looking at her, he looks very deepn and drown in his own thoughts. Hyerin stares and observed him from his side profile.

" He is good looking.. " She thoughts and look at him. " Maybe he is getting married soon... " She makes her own conclusion. " I wonder who is that lucky woman, to get married to such a cute guy.. " She giggles to her own thought. Then, she looks at herself. " The girl must be prettier than me, right? Well, of course she must. " She sighs.

The guy turn to face her, maybe noticing her sighs. She is left nervous again as she is caught staring at him. She didn't have time to avoid his eyes, so, their eyes met. Her heart is racing, feels like she just run from Busan to Seoul. " His eyes is very pretty.."

" Why? " He asks, barely heard. His voice is deep but clear.

" N..Not.. Nothing.. " She stutters. She slaps herself in her head, hating the way she stutters in front of him. He didn't say anything and turn to look at the display again. She tooks the chance to quickly escapes from the awkward and shameful situation. But, she didn't notice, the guy is looking at her clumsy back as she walks away. He smiles a little and mutters out " Cute.."

" The wedding dress is so beautiful Hyerin ah.. " She talks to herself as her footsteps bring her closer to her highschool. " I'll make sure you must wear them one day.. " She says as her eyes smiling brightly.

Soon, Hyerin reach her highschool. The buildings looks very unique and mysterious, it sends shivers to her spine. 

" I heard that the elites students boards will enroll today " She heard the student whispering among each other. Hyerin feels small all of sudden because she got into the school just by the scholarships and her family is of average. 

" Hi. New student, need any assistance ? " Hyerin turned around and a boy with a large eyes is standing behind her. His smiles is friendly and not creepy at all. 

" You should be going to class by now. " He continues and smiles warmly.

" Yeah.. I'm still looking for my class.. " Hyerin replies and scoffs softly.

" I see. So, where is your class?" He asks politely while screeching his eyebrows.

Hyerin reach out her hand to the back pocket of her back and take out a paper containing her schedule. The tall guy with large eyes peeks to look over. 

" My class is at Class 3-2 . But I think I have come to a wrong place " Hyerin mumbles out while pouting. But suddenly, Hyerin is curious of something. " How do you know I'm new here? "

The guy smiles and slightly smirk. " Oh.. I forgot to mention. Baekhyun is my classmate. And he sort of told us about you. So, I'm here to help. " He explains shortly.

" But.. We haven't met for a long time.. " Hyerin says as she stares on her timetable.

" Doesn't matter. Come on. Baekhyun probably inside the class." The guy pulls Hyerin bags and drags her cheerfully. Hyerin feels happy just by the laughs he created. She is pushed into the class with the ethusiasm of tthe tall kid.

" Yo Chanyeol! " A boy who is doodling on something on the whiteboard calling out for the tall kid. 

" His name is Chanyeol? " Hyerin asks herself. Chanyeol left her bag alone and runs to the boys. They started to take out their books and the kids hovering over the desk to discuss something. Someone wraps an arm around Hyerin's shoulder.

" Hyerin. " The person calls out that cause Hyerin to turns her head and the distance of them is just a nose apart. 

" B-baek- " 

" Hey, Baekhyun, someone is here to see you! " Chanyeol yells out from the group. " Oh, so you find her already " Chanyeol smiles distortedly and disappear in the crowd.

" I knew it was you Hyerin! It's so nice to see you! " Baekhyun smiles happily and shaking Hyerin back and forth.

" Did you buy what I asked you for? I owe you a big time. Sorry for that " Baekhyun says with a sad lidded eyes. He is very cute, Just like a puppy. 

" Oh Hyerin ah, there's a few people I would like you to meet. " Baekhyun says as he points towards a direction. Hyerin looked in the direction he is pointing to and saw some boys walking into the class. Baekhyun beckons them to come and they make a confused face. They are tall and neat, however they seems to gives out that cold atmosphere around them. They walked towards Hyerin and Baekhyun. Both of them looks sophisticated.

" Hello. I'm Suho. " On of the boys handed Hyerin his business card. Hyerin jaws drop to the ground.

" B-business card??" She stutters as Baekhyun giggles at her reaction. Baekhyun took the card from Suho and hide it in his pockets.

" Nah.. My parents own a law firm. " He says and smiles smugly. 

" Mr. Suho- " Hyerin wants to greet him as she got cutt off by him.

" Drop the formalitites, just call me Suho, It's a pleasure to meet you " Suho says as he bowed politely.

" I guess its my turn now.. " The other guy smiles sweetly to Hyerin. He does looks like a flirt somehow. " I am Kris, I work in the entertainment industry as a part time. Sorry but I'm out of all my cards today " He chuckles and Hyerin can notice Baekhyun rolling his eyes.

" I've been in this inductry for a while and I've built quite a name for myself.. " Kris continue.

" He looks like it. He dresses well and handsome too.. " Hyerin thought and gives a convincing smile. Kris looks at her with a gentle eyes. Hyerin glares at him and switch her attention to Baekhyun. 

" I've been looking for someone like you. " Kris says, causing Baekhyun and Suho to look at his direction. Waiting for his explanation.

" Me? " Hyerin asks in disbelief.

" Yep~ To support me. I want you to support me.. My job keeps me up day and night. Therefore I need someone who can stay by my side and support my work. : He explains while looking at Hyerin with a gentle and seductive eyes.

" Like a personal assistant? " Hyerin asks. Baekhyun suddenly grabs Hyerin arms and pulls her closer. 

" Alright. So, these are my two friends, Suho and Kris. I hope you all will get along well. " Baekhyun says cheerfully. " and the others.. "

" Sorry, I'm late ! " Someone said in a loud voice. The class door swung open and a tall guy with a messy blazer walked in. Baekhyun looks at him sternly.

" I told you to be on time-" Baekhyun sentences is cutt off as that guy slams his bag hardly on the table.

" I had to help a countrybump girl at the market " He says carelessly, not looking into our direction. " I couldn't get my things done properly. She doesn't even know- "

" You are that guy from the market? " Hyerin voice is heard clearly in the air.

He turns his head and he founds Hyerin. He looked at Hyerin and his jaw dropped in surprise. Hyerin is shocked too, he was the boy from the market.

" You're the one! " He says surprise by what he just saw.

" Oh.. You two have met.. " Kris mutters in a low voice but Hyerin could heard him, clearly. That guy from the market stares at Hyerin for a long time. 

" Baek.. Is this the.. " He asks Baekhyun as he gets off his seat and walks towards Hyerin.

" Yeah.. The one I told you. " Baekhyun says, sneakily chuckling.

" You gotta be kidding me.. " That boy says as he folds his arms, shaking his head left and right while letting out a heavy sigh. Hyerin is offended by his sighed and she doesn't want to be introduced to someone rude.

" Baekhyun, I don't think we'd get along.. " Hyerin whispers to Baekhyun quietly.

" What do you mean? " The guy steps out and glare at Hyerin sternly.