Thunder

❝You're My Pretty Boy! One Shot Cafe Featuring EXO [CLOSED]

; Thunder

     Kyungsoo, I think we should just put an end to all of these. Our relationship isn’t working out like how we expected it to be. We’re both from very different worlds, you’re an idol in the entertainment industry and I’m just a normal girl. Goodbye, Kyungsoo, the words escaping from his now ex-girlfriend still rung in Kyungsoo’s ears. It has been approximately a month since his girlfriend decided to announce the end of their wonderful relationship. Of course, Kyungsoo knew she was being forced to do such thing. He loved her with all his heart and he was certain that she does as well. The idol and simple life thing was just the obstacle in the way. He heaves out a sigh of disappointment, remembering how his girlfriend would always visit him after practice just to make sure he was doing well and now, it felt totally foreign to Kyungsoo without her presence. 

    Averting his gaze to the ground, Kyungsoo finds himself emitting another sigh. The disbelief still developed inside him, thinking how everything just happened too quickly. However, Kyungsoo predicted already that it was somehow going to occur, but he didn’t expect his girlfriend to say all those words in front of his face without even letting him explain anything or pick an option. It was just simply done. Kyungsoo puffs out his cheeks a bit, rubbing his temple softly. He then gives the cushioned couch a punch of irritation, gritting his teeth in the process. He felt angry, he felt disappointed, he felt heartbroken, he felt — so empty. 

  “Hey Soo, are you alright?” Baekhyun who pulls up the sleeves of his hoodie notices Kyungsoo’s change of behavior. He probably still misses his girlfriend, Baekhyun thinks to himself and nods at his own thought, knowing it was the most accurate reason right at the moment. Not hearing a response from the round eyed latter, Baekhyun walks up to him, giving his shoulder a soft pat. “It’s okay, Soo. Everything will be better. Trust me.” Baekhyun whispers encouragingly, taking a seat on the couch next to Kyungsoo. Eyes remaining on the ground, Kyungsoo shakes his head in disagreement to Baekhyun’s statement. 

       “Soo, I’m sure she didn’t want to break up with you. She loves you and I know it for sure. But, it was probably Lee Soo Man who lectured her about your relationship..and sort of threw her off the wall, figuratively that is.” Baekhyun finds himself looking down at the ground as well, although he couldn’t help but feel apologetic towards the heartbroken Kyungsoo. “Baekhyun, if she really loves me..Why’d she leave me?” Kyungsoo decides to question, feeling a bit uncomfortable at Baekhyun’s sentence. Baekhyun looks at Kyungsoo, a reassuring smile tugging on his lips. “She left you because she loved you. No scratch that, she loves you. She basically ended up your relationship so you can continue on with your career.” 

    Staring at Baekhyun momentarily, Kyungsoo ponders about Baekhyun’s answer. He himself wasn’t so sure whether it was true or not, that his girlfriend loves him and sacrificed their relationship for his career. However, Kyungsoo still wasn’t feeling satisfied. “The thing is, why didn’t she ask me to choose?” Kyungsoo utters, taking a deep breath. “Because as I’ve said, she loves you. She loves you a lot, Kyungsoo. You might not realize it right now since your heart is broken, but she really does. If I was in her position at that moment, I don’t think I would want to hear the decision of my lover either. In a way, she was probably worried that you’ll give up your career and continue your relationship with her. But, she probably also worried that you’ll pick your career over her. So, she gathered courage and decided to do it herself. Make sense?” Baekhyun explains informatively, causing Kyungsoo to ponder again, although he sends Baekhyun a light nod in response to his question. 

      As the long 7 hours of practice ended, Kyungsoo finds himself plopping on the couch again, rethinking about Baekhyun’s words earlier. Did she really still love me? Does she really still has feelings for me? Was she just being forced to end our relationship? Kyungsoo’s mind floods with a massive amount of questions, somehow left unanswered. 

    “Squishy hyung~ Are you really still thinking about Eunhee?” Jongin questions with a light beam, plopping down on the couch next to his puzzled looking member. Jongin knew everything about what had happened to their relationship and even after they broke up, Eunhee told him her side of perspective and how she was going to move on from Kyungsoo from now on, since despite her infinite love for him, they were from different worlds and nothing will change that. Jongin felt a little bad towards the two of them since Eunhee was his childhood friend that he had spent his whole life with and Kyungsoo was the member that he admired the most and treated like his real brother. “I don’t know, Jongin. I’m so confused..Everything is so complicated.” Kyungsoo looks at him with a serious look, then scanned his eyes helplessly around the spacious practice room. 

   “I understand, hyung. But the thing is, you should move on. Eunhee planned to move on as well.” At the sudden mention of her name, Kyungsoo quickly locks his eyes with Jongin’s, only to blink after a second. Shaking his head again, he thought about Jongin’s advice and how Eunhee has moved on as well. Baekhyun’s statement earlier was the complete opposite, however. But, Kyungsoo felt like Baekhyun’s was more close to the truth and made him feel a bit calm. Jongin’s however were just a bit on and off. Then, he thinks again. What if Eunhee did move on already? He asks himself in a curious manner, tapping his chin with his pale index finger. 

       “Well, I’m going to leave you thinking now, hyung. I’m really hungry.” Jongin detaches his body from the couch, sending Kyungsoo a bright smile. “Wait! No..Jongin..wait.” Kyungsoo calls out from the couch, resulting Jongin to halt his tracks and turn around to Kyungsoo with a quizzical expression. “D-do you know where Eunhee is right now..” Kyungsoo inquires in a soft, hesitant tone, which almost sounded like a whisper. Raising his eyebrows, Jongin answers, “I don’t believe so. Probably in her apartment but she rarely visits there nowadays.” And with that, Kyungsoo nods with a dejected sigh. 

    Somewhat feeling sorry for the older one, Jongin scratches the back of his head and says, “You know hyung..If you really still love her, you’d chase after her,” Kyungsoo shifts his head back to Jongin, a frown on his face. He was about to say something, but Jongin beats him to it. “And even if you don’t know where she is, you’d roam the whole planet to search for her, that is..if you still love her.” Kyungsoo felt somehow intrigued by Jongin’s words, coming up to a realization that maybe Jongin was right. He should chase after her and let her realize how much he still loves her. Truthfully speaking, Kyungsoo missed her little kisses, warm hugs, beautiful smile, soothing laughter, and most importantly; her love. And thus, he leaps up from the couch, knowing what he exactly needed to accomplish.

          Parking his sports car on the side, Kyungsoo pushes the transparent glass door and enters the famous bakery that Eunhee and him would always visit at when they were still in the dating stage and somehow, it became a daily routine. Approaching the owner, Kyungsoo looks at her with a warm smile, not forgetting to bow in a perfect 90-degree angle politely. “Kyungsoo dear~! I’m so glad to see you visiting here again. We missed our usual costumer.” She sends him a smile as Kyungsoo releases a small chuckle. “Yeah, I’m sorry about that. Just..a lot of things happened. Anyways, um..has Eunhee been visiting here frequently like before?” Kyungsoo didn’t fully understand it one bit, but when he mentions her name, a slight beam crept up on his lips. 

    “Oh, Eunhee? I’m afraid not. She hasn’t visited here for a few weeks now, actually. The last time she went here was when she was crying and I had to comfort her for a good hour. She’s a really fragile one, you know.” The woman answers, her expression quite serene. The thought of Eunhee crying made Kyungsoo struck with guilt. He was sure that Eunhee cried because of the breakup, but he never really expected her to..cry. She was a strong girl, Kyungsoo knew that for a fact. The only times her tears roll down her cheeks was when Kyungsoo and her would have a tickle contest and those were tears of laughter, not tears of sadness. 

        “Did she inform you the reason why she was crying?” Kyungsoo asks with a curious expression, staring at her intently. Shaking her head, the woman answers, “I’m afraid not either. She only told me that life was so complicated and even if how strong you are, you couldn’t stop your tears from b when you let go of the person you love.” Kyungsoo suddenly shudders at the last sentence, knowing that it was definitely implying to him. Clearing his throat lightly, Kyungsoo states, “Ah, I see. Well, I should get going now. Thank you for the information.” The woman gladly nods at Kyungsoo as he bows one more time, making his way to the exit door. 

    Few minutes later, Kyungsoo finds himself standing in front of Eunhee’s parents’ house in which she grew up in along with Jongin, in which Kyungsoo is still a bit jealous about. Pressing the doorbell reluctantly, Kyungsoo waits patiently for somebody – preferrably Eunhee if she was here – to open the door. In about 2 minutes, Kyungsoo sees Eunhee’s brother opening the door and then eyes widening at the sight of Kyungsoo in front of him. As Kyungsoo starts to speak, Eunhee’s brother immediately held a hand up, motioning for him to stop. 

      “You still have the guts to show up at our house after what you’ve done to my sister?” He snaps, hands on his hips. Kyungsoo gulps, not thinking early enough that something like this was going to happen. Although, he was probably right. “Hey what are y—Oh, hi Kyungsoo!” Kyungsoo looks up at the cheerful girly voice, only to see Eunhee’s older sister with an enthusiastic beam on her face. “Why do you look so happy? He gave our sister pain, you know.” Eunhee’s brother scowls at his sister as the female tauntingly sticks out her tongue. “Get inside the house, you brat.” She demands as the boy places his head down with a small pout, walking over back inside the house. 

     “Oh, Kyungsoo. If you’re here for Eunhee, she just went back to her apartment.” With a nod and a smile, Kyungsoo rushes back to his car, driving towards the location of Eunhee’s apartment. As a few more minutes went by, Kyungsoo walks over to the front of the apartment door, debating whether he should knock or not. However, he then realizes that her car wasn’t parked in front of her apartment, so she probably wasn’t home yet. Leaning against the white wall firmly, Kyungsoo huffs a muffled sigh, scanning his eyes around everything in his surroundings in a hopeless manner. 

   Suddenly, Kyungsoo spots a girl with brunette locks, white and pink striped mini dress that went perfectly down the middle of her thighs, her hair in a ponytail, and a caramel colored flat shoes. She’s still as pretty as ever, Kyungsoo thinks to himself as he stares at Eunhee, his lips forming into his signature heart shaped smile. As Eunhee brought her head up, she flinches at the sight of Kyungsoo leaning against the outer wall of her apartment. She was about to utter out a word, Kyungsoo quickly runs up to her and engulfes her into a warm embrace. Oblivious to Kyungsoo, a smile develops on her lips. 

        “Lee Eunhee, I love you. Please, I love you so much. I can’t live without you. Please..please come back to me.” Kyungsoo pleads, eyes filled with seriousness as Eunhee stares at him. She still loves Kyungsoo, like a lot. “Kyungsoo..” She starts, only to be abruptly halted by a pair of soft lips crashing on to hers. It only lasted a few seconds however, causing her to pout. Kyungsoo instinctively chuckles at the sight of Eunhee pouting after stopping the kiss. “So, you like me kissing you, huh?” He smirks, attacking her lips with endless pecks. Her heart was beating like crazy and the butterflies in her stomach going wild. She felt happy, more than happy, that Kyungsoo was with her now. 

    As Kyungsoo gives her a few more pecks, she playfully pushes him away with a cute pout. Kyungsoo was about to lean in closer to her, pecking her lips again, but she immediately brings her index finger up and over to Kyungsoo’s soft lips, causing Kyungsoo’s pecks to end. 

          “I’m guessing you liked my little prank there as well, right?” This time, Eunhee smirks as Kyungsoo looks at her with a perplexed look. She finds it cute, however. “What prank?” Kyungsoo asks, confusion written all over his face. “The bakery and my parents’ house?” It was supposed to have come out as a statement, but it sounded more like a question. Eyes widening more than usual, Kyungsoo blurts out, “That was all a prank?!” Smiling triumphantly, Eunhee sends him a nod in response before telling him, “Yep.”

    On the other hand, Kyungsoo felt like his soul just got taken away from him. He just got pranked – repeatedly speaking, pranked. Kyungsoo, being one of the smartest students in his whole school before he graduated, was never tricked. But, he has..now. “Blame Jongin for everything.” Eunhee releases a light chortle at the sight of Kyungsoo looking in utter disbelief and confused as ever. “That brat.” Kyungsoo grumbles, shaking his head a few times at the thought of Jongin being such a big troublemaker. 

       “But anyways, now that we’re laying our eyes on each other, I feel extremely happy that you actually ended up here. Usually, people would just give up. But, it shows how much you truly cared.” Eunhee says with a smile, this time pulling Kyungsoo for a tender hug. “Of course I would never give up for the girl I love. I will never give up on searching for you, even if I have to navigate the whole solar system.” Kyungsoo replies, running a hand through her straight locks. Mesmerized by his words, Eunhee says sweetly, “I love you so much, Kyungsoo.” 

    Feeling a smile tugging on his lips, Kyungsoo comments back, “I love you too, Eunhee. Now that we’re back together, we shall never be apart again. When problems come upon us, we shall find a solution for it..together.” And with that, Kyungsoo gently releases her from the hug, leaning in closer to her face and giving her plump lips a sweet yet passionate kiss. 


Omg, omg hello. So first of all, this one is kinda written badly or like in an awful way - so I apologize. It's almost 4am here and I'm really sleepy, ha. Anyways, I hope you like it though!~ Feel free to comment down below what you thought of this one-shot :D And to be honest, I don't think this really interprets much about Thunder, but I tried. It was like midnight when I was listening to Thunder and reading the translations so yeah, I apologize about my brain~ Anywhooo, thank you for requesting!~ I hope you liked it!~ <3