외톨이야

Rainbow in The Dark

"Where are you going?" Chanyeol asks as I rumage through my drawers for something a little nicer. 

"Out" I say for what feels like the millionth time. But asking me where I was going was not the weirdest thing he'd done since I'd got home from school. As soon as I openened the door to my room. Chanyeol stayed closely behind, following me to every corner of the room; occasionally sniffing me and growling when he found a sent he didn't like.

"But you were just at school" Chanyeol whines sitting on my bed. 

"Yeah, I have to go to school everyday, get used to it." I say tying my sneakers. I remembered I didn't own any dresses or skirts and settled for skinny jeans and a loose tank top instead.

"So where are you going now?" Chanyeol ask weaving his fingers through my hair, as I adjust my shirt in the mirror. I can feel the heat radiating off Chanyeol, on my back. 

"I told you, out; don't wait up" I say walking away from the mirror. That was typically a joke, since it wouldn't be a good idea for Chanyeol to go out anyway. "I'll be back soon" I say before shutting my bedroom door. It wasn't exactly a date, okay maybe it sort of was. Ken invited me to a concert, rock and not the watered down stuff real rock; and then to his house to play video games. I'm sure not thinking of this as a date, something just tells me I shouldn't be starting a relationship with someone else with Chanyeol still living at my house. 

"Hey Cole" Ken calls from across the street. I wave and jog across the rode. The concert is being held in a park, with a band shell a one end. "You look nice"

"Thanks, I wasn't dressed to impress though" I say pushing his arm. 

"You still look nice" he says smiling; he wraps an arm over my shoulders as we walk to the band shell. The band is just setting up. More people gather around as the first song begins to play; Ken's hand has moved to hold mine. I can't concentrate though, there's something drawing my mind away. Halfway through the third song I feel my hand slide out from Kens and fall gently to my side. At that moment I lost control of legs completely as I began to wander away from the crowd and towards the dark. I can barely see where I'm going aside from the few scattered street lamps. 

"Cole where are you going?" Ken calls running after me; somehow that's enough to snap me out of whatever trance I was in. "What's up, you just left?"

"I-I don't know, I guess I'm just a little destracted." I say running a hand through my hair. 

"I know what can get you focused again" Ken says taking my hand. 

"What?"

"Close your eyes" he instructs; I obey but if you ask me, it's rather pointless since it's dark enough that I can't see that much anyway. I stand there waiting, I'm not sure what for, a kiss maybe? I unno, but whatever it was, never came. The next thing I heard was a loud growl as a gust of air brushed by my face. I open my eyes and see Chanyeol (the wolf) pinning Ken in the grass. 

"Chanyeol get off of him" I say. But Chanyeol doesn't budge, he simply snarls at Ken and scratch his arm. "I told you to GET OFF!" I shout pushing the wolf with all the force I can manage. Chanyeol finally hops off of Ken as the latter trembling with fear, tries to stand.

"Your dog IS CRAZY!" He shouts before bolting. 

"Ken wait!" I shout ready to run after him. In that moment the heavy weight returns to my back as I'm the next to kiss the grass. I roll on to my back and glare at Chanyeol. The wolf whines but it's hardly his puppy dog cuteness that makes my heart stop. In that moment the claws pinning down my shoulders began to soften; a hand moves slowly to my cheek as the hair in the owner's arms disapear like magic. Before me was a wolf and then within seconds was a human face, Chanyeol's. My jaw drops, I'm probably pale as well.

"Well t-that e-explains a-alot" is all I can manage. And it was true, I knew a thing or two about werewolves; but what all my books failed to tell me about was the part where they actually exist. 

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you before..I thought yu would reject me if I did" he says still pouting. 

"Reject you, w-what? Well just. why did you do that?" I ask still confused. "Why did you follow me?"

"I was worried about" he says quietly. 

"That's really sweet of you, but in the human world we'd call that stalking" I say trying to stay up. 

"I'm sorry" he says pressing his forehead to mine. 

"W-where...where is your pack?" I ask crawling out from under Chanyeol. "You shouldn't be alone here"

"I don't have one" he says honestly. 

"You're a beta, aren't you?" I say, suddenly. Not sure where that thought came from.

"How did you know?" Chanyeol asks frowning. 

"Y-you didn't seem much like an alpha to me, you're too gentle...but you still have the characteristics to be the leader's understudy" 

"Correct..or at least I would be the understudy" he says staring at the ground.

"What do you mean?" I ask. 

"My pack leader was killed" 

"But doesn't that mean, you get to take over; you should be back with your pack leading them" I pointing away from me. 

"I can't, my alpha was killed by another alpha, which means that he's the new pack leader; my pack is now following him, I ran away so I wouldn't have to" 

"I'm so sorry, do you know why this happened?" I ask, not expecting a yes. 

"Not entirely, but I do know one thing; there's a reason that alpha wants me to join him,"

"Why?"

"I'm not your average werewolf... I'm different"