What Are You?

Rainbow in The Dark

*Sniff    *Sniff    *Nuzzle

At some point before I woke up, I found myself swatting the air in my sleep. Maybe it was the dream I was having, I don’t remember; I do remember something tickling my face and giggling in my sleep. I open my eyes to see Chanyeol staring down at me, he seemed to look amused.

“Is there a reason you were watching me sleep again?” I ask sitting up. Chanyeol shakes his head and climbs back onto my bed. I look out the window, the sun has barely risen; I could’ve slept a little longer.

“What do you want to eat?” I ask before yawning.

“Anything” he smiles; it’s so early, why is he so happy? I yawn again and slouch off to the kitchen; I toast a couple bagels and fry some bacon, so wishing that part was quieter.

“Here you go” I say placing a full tray of food on the bed. In a flash Chanyeol had vacuumed up half the food there and still going. “Slow down, or you’ll get a stomach ache” I say getting up to get a change of clothes. “Look away” I tell him before changing as quickly as I can manage; he better not have peeked.

“Aren’t you going to eat?” He asks eyeing me as I continue to get ready.

“I’m not that hungry, besides I can always get more; you won’t be able to leave my room today” Chanyeol pouts, before sticking the corner of a piece of toast in his mouth. Chanyeol looks at me, the piece of toast sticking out of his mouth.

“What?” I ask; what the heck is he staring at me for? Chanyeol hops off my bed and walks to me. He takes the piece of toast out of his mouth and holds it up.

“Open up~” he says before shoving the other corner of toast in my mouth; This better not be the part he had in his mouth; that’s be indirect kissing, not that I’d be not okay with that. Chanyeol then bites down on the other half again and yanks till the bread breaks before sitting back down on the bed. That was an odd way of getting me to eat…

“My mom still won’t be up for a bit; do you want to stay in the garage instead? There’s more room down there” I say glancing out the window again. Chanyeol shakes his head and smiles at me; god he is weird.

“I’m going to rest my eyes for a bit” I say lying down on my sleeping bag. “Wake me up, in a bit okay?”

“Okay…”

~

“AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HOW DID YOU GET IN HERE???? GET OUT OF THE HOUSE!!!”

When I open my eyes, the sun is shining through the window and my mom is screaming her lungs off. I groan and fold up my sleeping bag; Chanyeol is behind my bed curled up and whimpering.

“Are you okay? You look like you just saw a ghost” I say waving a hand in front of his bug eyes.

“I’m fine” he says hugging his knees tighter.

“Did my mom’s screaming scare you?” Chanyeol nods and I quickly give him a hug; well it was supposed to be quick and then I felt how warm Chanyeol was.

“You’re warm, do you have a fever?” I ask pressing my hand against his forehead.

“No, I’m always warm”

“Oh…kay then…I’m going to check on my mom” I say getting up quickly.

~

“Mom what were you shouting about?” I ask entering the kitchen.

“There was a dog inside the house” she says wiping her brow. “I don’t know how it got in, but it means we’re going to have to be more tedious about locking doors and such.”

“That’s weird though, what was it doing in the house?” I ask grabbing a couple apples from the fridge.

“I have no idea, just be aware” my mom says before I go back upstairs.

~

“Chanyeol, can you take off your shirt? I need to re-wrap your bandage” I say tossing him an apple. He does what I ask and I make a mental note to get him some clean non ripped clothes when I get the chance.

“Who’s that?” Chanyeol asks eyeing my wolf poster.

“Nobody, it’s a bunch of photo-shopped wolves” I say, swearing I just heard something growl. Chanyeol’s still staring at my poster, as if there’s a deeper meaning behind it.

“Do you like wolves?” He asks sitting on the edge of my bed.

“Sure I guess, I mean I really would love to have a pet dog with wolf bloodline; but not while I’m under the same roof as my mom” I say before my eyes wander to Chanyeol; particularly on a black design on his arm.  

 tattoo

"I didn't know you had a tattoo” touching the birdlike pattern on his arm.

“It’s not a tattoo” he says covering it quickly. “I’ve had it as long as I can remember” Well, it’s a weird birthmark. I sigh and un-wrap Chanyeol’s abdomen; my heart stops when I find the wound completely healed.

“I’m going crazy” I say slowly backing against the wall.

“You don’t look so good” Chanyeol says looking concerned.

“There was something there last night, why do you have no scars whatsoever!?” I ask horrified; I was starting to consider that maybe I had just imagined Chanyeol altogether.

“Yes there was” he says staring at the ground.

“What are you?”