Make Sense

At That Moment
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

 

Final Chapter

 

 

Silence had taken the whole atmosphere as the elevator came to a stop and dinged open, two hands immediately parted, and breaths were quickly taken in as they stepped to the unknown. It was almost as if nothing could have come between them, nor could they even escape the intangible draw they had themselves coiled around. This draw caused them to bump shoulders and send something rushing under their skin where contact had been made, ending up in coy and shy smiles exchanged as they walked to a hope of a future with each other.

 

The agreement had been made and sealed with a kiss inside the room, a clear indication that they were both heading the same direction, blinded they may seem by the attraction and the moments they had both shared within the short time span. They unconsciously gave each other some faith to hold on to as they looked forward to a very uncertain tomorrow.

 

They were facing everything head on even with sweat on their foreheads and masked nervousness with confidence as they entered one of the hotel’s restaurants where a group of snail –paced people, whom they both called their friends, eating quietly around a table. Boram and Soyeon may have looked like they needed the extra shut eye while Hyomin looks like she had floated away and Sunny seemed bored with her meal. Eunjung could have sighed in relief at the state of her friends, thinking she could escape their questions, but she thought too soon.

 

The moment they sat on their seats, everyone had turned to them, smirks slowly creeping up on their friends’ faces, except for Sunny, as Eunjung noticed. The tranquility of the restaurant lost at the giggles and sly smiles making the new arrivals shiver. Jiyeon had almost wanted to dash out again, if only she could leave Eunjung behind, but even if she wanted to, she couldn’t—wouldn’t do it anyway even if the atmosphere around the whole table had turned 360 upon their arrival.


"Finally, took you long enough," Hyomin exclaimed as Eunjung sat beside Boram who gave her a tired smile, or a failed smirk, looking too hung over than anyone else on the table. 

 

Hyomin then turns to the waiter to see him carrying two plates of breakfast, for which Eunjung thought was quite inappropriate considering that it was already three hours past noon, but then again she'd never felt so grateful to see the meal. Her eyes would have sparkled at the sight of food if not for the currently tensed atmosphere. 

 

“I already ordered for you both,” Hyomin says.

 

“Thanks,” Jiyeon mumbles, controlling her urge of glancing towards her other half on the other side of the table. She wasn’t left much of a choice; so instead, she glances towards the girl before her, Soyeon, who had managed to spring up in her seat to look over Boram’s head and show her friend the teasing smile she had on.

 

Jiyeon couldn’t help but gulp. She had thought the digging wouldn’t start so soon; she hadn't even started eating yet. But seeing as how Soyeon looked perky even with the eyebags, all she could do for the time being was watch...and eat. 

 

Turning to her food to try eat the nerves away, her ears perks up as Soyeon clears .

 

“A little bird told me…”

 

Eunjung got the point immediately, putting down the cup of coffee in her hand, she turns to Soyeon with feign innocence on her face as she states, “You mean Hyomin happily announced.”

 

“Yes, Hyomin,” Soyeon monotonously confirms anyway, glancing at the already-excited girl across the table. “She discovered something this morning.”

 

“Yes, you mean my bed rumpled like a hurricane came through it.”

 

Eunjung’s act to remain indifferent about the whole matter was not lost to her friends. But that was the worst she could do for the people who knew her the best so the other girls on the table knew it was much a ruse, her defense mechanism; a very Eunjung-like reaction to hide guilt, and, or nervousness. That fact everyone knew, except Jiyeon, had everyone exchanging knowing looks.

 

Soyeon’s smirk seemed to have gained more deviousness at that very second. From Jiyeon’s view, she could see that unraveling, forcing her to immediately throw a warning look towards her tensed half on the other side of the table. But Eunjung was too caught up trying to act nonchalant while dodging eye contacts as she ate her meal.

 

“C’mon, tell us, what was it like? It’s not every day we hear the news that Eunjung did the nasty and it’s not every day hearing you moan and scream like last night,” Soyeon remarks. “You and your partner aren’t exactly the most subdued in terms of…vocal expression. You forgot we’re at the other side of the wall. But then again, hearing such ruckus wouldn’t be much of a big deal when you’re in that state.”

 

Eunjung swore she could see the devil in Soyeon as she squirmed and shrunk in her seat at the statement, her pride deflated and her nonchalant act is no more. And unsurprisingly, she knew the worse had yet to come as Soyeon continues and she could guess that everyone else will soon pick up from there…much to her horror.

 

“I had to muffle my ears and lost count but I have to ask. How many rounds did you go? And who was this stranger? Was she good?”

“She must be if she could get into Eunjung's pants,” Hyomin said, laughing her guts out at the thought that Jiyeon almost choke on her toast before stuffing her face with more of the choke-inducing bread to hide her blush. For Hyomin, it just looked like she was too hungry again but Sunny knew all too well.

"Let’s not talk about this, please," Eunjung whimpered.

Sunny watches how Eunjung kept trying to hide by using her food. She shot an observing look from over Hyomin’s shoulder to the girl who looked like she could use some water, as inconspicuously as she could without making Hyomin turn to her. Something was going on, she could feel it, and she could tell that everything is far from over.

"It’s not every day we get to hear about your life," Soyeon tries again. 

"Yeah, the farthest you could go before was eating Hyomin's face while groping her!" Boram nonchalantly remarked.

 

And that wasn’t the twist Sunny, nor Jiyeon, wanted to hear for that matter as she turned to the ones in question. Jiyeon almost choked on her bread again, sending obscure and deathly glances towards her own cousin and especially towards Eunjung. It was only her luck that she managed those subtle glares without attracting attention from Boram and Soyeon as the couple had their eyes on Sunny’s possible violent reaction.

“Whoa! Hold up! When was this?!” Sunny choked out in disbelief, exchanging looks with the two, one being her own girlfriend.

Hyomin had sworn under her breath then releasing a breathy, awkward laughter all the while shooting a spiteful look at Boram. “That was years ago! She and I were drunk, baby. And nothing else happened, I swear! I love you!” And this only made Boram and Soyeon guffaw, with Sunny shooting glares at Eunjung, unaware that she wasn’t the only one throwing the look, only in much more intense manner. Everyone at that table could have been burnt alive if they noticed one quiet person gripping on the bread knife, who was only seeing red.

"God, you guys! Stop okay?! That was the past and it will never happen again. Besides I already rejected her," Eunjung spoke hastily, shaking her head in panic, trying not to look at her own girlfriend who seemed very displeased. Whatever made Eunjung not look towards Jiyeon was just pure instinct and with the way she could feel unfamiliar shivers (in a bad way) creeping behind her and onto her arms. Goosebumps. That was clue enough.

 

But whatever she said only brought more ruckus to the table as Sunny accidentally slams on the table with her fists.

"You went after her?!" Sunny screamed at Hyomin, moving her chair away to look her girlfriend in the eyes. 

"I had feelings for her. But that was before I met you! I love you, Sunny bunny! I would never cheat on you," Hyomin whined, pulling Sunny closer to her.

"Well you better not!" Sunny haughtily replied and made Hyomin pout in distress.

"Seriously Sunny, she's my best friend and it was a meaningless kiss," Eunjung defended before turning to Boram and Soyeon, "Now you two stop before you cause any more trouble for the couple here."

Of course, she had meant trouble as in trouble for her and Jiyeon who was still giving her a look.

"Okay, sorry," Boram said with full.

Soyeon grinned, turning to Eunjung again, "So tell us the details..."

"Ugh, you guys are annoying."

"And I won’t stop 'til I hear it."

"Yeah, just say it!" Hyomin spats in irritation while she was still trying to coax Sunny and make her forget.

"Well, she came up to me and danced, we came back here and there, and that’s the story!"

"Where are the juicy details?" Boram questioned.

"We went back to my room, did the deed and she's gone. Am I seriously obliged to say how I did it or how many times we went at it because this is getting awkward?"

"It’s not like she's here. Tell us how she did it to you," Hyomin said meekly, making Jiyeon choke, on her drink this time. "Oh God, Jiyeon, be careful! I guess we should stop, my cousin's still innocent and straight!”

 

Hyomin turns to her cousin with genuine concern. “Sorry, baby Ji, you must be uncomfortable with this.”

Sunny turned to Eunjung with an eyebrow raised at the word, 'innocent' and made Eunjung squirm in her seat again. "Yeah, guys, she's still innocent after all. Let’s not make our guest awkward," Sunny intentionally spoke up and silenced everyone.
 

 

 


It wasn’t until they headed for the beach did Eunjung and Jiyeon manage to shake off the discomfort of such awkward situation. Though it proved to be another challenge to act as if they hadn’t been intimate, especially when they were caught off guard and realized they were practically an inch away from each other. It seemed as if they were magnetized; their own attraction working on autopilot and their bodies unconsciously bringing them together. 

 

And if it wasn’t for the revelation of past details, Jiyeon wouldn’t have so violently stomped away from Eunjung every time she found herself within a finger’s distance.

The moment Jiyeon had made sure of their distance; Sunny immediately takes the chance and grabs Eunjung by the arm. Soyeon and Boram could only watch in curiosity, thinking it might be some girl talk, a confrontational one at that, but Jiyeon knew too well as her previous anger was pushed to the back of her mind as she sees Sunny  speaking with Eunjung so far away from the group.

"Haven’t I made myself clear enough?" She questioned immediately, surprising Eunjung.

"Crystal and as clear as that sea water," Eunjung pointed out meekly. "We ta

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter