Jiyeon

At That Moment
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 


I watched the plane screech to a halt, engines humming softly in my ears as the seatbelt sign . I freed myself from the annoying contraption before standing up to stretch; flying wasn't something I looked forward to especially when you're riding alone with a bunch of strangers. Well if the person beside me was a hot stranger, I wouldn't mind at all. Maybe someone like Mila Kunis or Natalie Portman who I can talk to about the Black Swan move they made. But given I just spent an hour beside a fat man whose odor made me nauseated and allowed me a few trips to the bathroom to hurl last night's dinner, well you could say I'm not in a good mood.

I ran out the plane the moment the doors opened, with a few passengers giving me a look that said I'm insane but heck! They would too if they had the seat I was on! Damned public transportation!

The moment I got my suitcase from the belt, I hurriedly walked out of the airport; backpack snug on my back and an obvious frown on my face. 

 

Curse you, smelly men! Curse you all! No wonder I'm secretly gay!

I could only sigh in relief to see a driver holding a huge placard with my name on before he guided me to a very sleek, black car. This is what I get for having an heiress for a cousin and that just cheers me up a little, just a little bit of my mood. I was excited to see her. I was practically raised by her family, or more like they gave me financial support when I chose to study abroad at the age of 15 after my parents passed and here I am 7 years later, demanded by my one and only cousin to travel to this tropical paradise the moment she heard I was going back home while she went on a two-week trip with her friends. It wasn’t really my fault I came home during her vacation leave, but I’m just too glad she wanted me to come! I’m just so excited to see her already and her friends!

I've always wanted to meet them. For the past 7 years, my cousin always took time to go online and Skype with me, knowing I was a troublemaker and one who secluded myself from people. She always told me about her adventures and her friends, now all she talks about is her 'midget' of a girlfriend whom she totally adores. I'm not sure if it’s appropriate for her to call her girlfriend a midget though. Hmm, well, Hyomin's crazy anyway. She almost gave her parents a heart attack the moment she announced she was gay, years ago. It most probably affected my way of thinking about women too, because after she told me the 'funny' story about her parents crying about her being gay, I started having crushes on women and really just ignored men. Well, I never really was interested in men in general. I even thought I was aual for a while, until I confirmed I had lesbian crushes on my schoolmates.

 

Not knowing your identity was quite a chore really, why did people love labels so much?

Anyway, back to my cousin and her parents; well you could say they've accepted Sunny. She's a rich kid and her uncle and my uncle are friends too. Hyomin said Sunny’s family’s a tad bit richer than her parents. If she wasn't, I doubt they'd let Hyomin date a woman. I mean, c’mon, they’d probably be against the whole thing.

That's what I'm afraid of. They're my guardians now, the only family I have left, what would they think about their only niece being gay when their only daughter had already come out? It must be in our genes. Hyomin said we have a gay uncle, our fathers’ cousin who lives in New York. Hyomin’s quite a ‘researcher’ when she wants to, you know.

"JIYEONNNNIIIIIIIIIE!" 

Speaking of the devil, I just got out of the freaking car, where'd she come from?! Heaven knows because I don’t.

I smiled at the moment of impact to see Hyomin's body embracing me and a shorter girl with blonde, pixie cut hair stood behind her with a loving gaze. I didn't need an introduction, that’s Sunny the midget, alright. She wasn’t as short as I thought to be, honestly. So, I’m not sure what the deal is. She’s cute.

"Oh my gosh! I missed you so much!"

"Hi," was my brief reply.

"Don't you miss me?!" Hyomin shrieked in my ears, pulling away. I winced before I heard a chuckle behind her.

I just gave her a nod as she signaled for the bellboy to take my suitcase before forcing me to face the Blondie. She is indeed very cute, especially when she grinned.

"This is my dwarf—"

"Yah!" 

"—and the love of my life, Sunny!"

I just smiled and shook her hand. She was a bit taken aback, probably because of the handshake. I forgot, I'm supposed to bow.

"It’s nice to finally meet you," She said calmly. "We should go and have dinner, the rest are waiting for us. Would you like to get back to your room first?" 

She took Hyomin's hand in hers, even though she wasn’t towering over her; I knew even with the contrast in personalities, she controlled my hyper cousin. The way Hyomin clung to her like gum in your hair; this just screams 'whipped' to me. I wonder how she did it. Hyomin’s quite defiant and superior, if I may say. But wow! She’s got Hyomin wrapped around her finger!  

 

I like her for Hyomin! Park Jiyeon approves!

"Let's just eat, I know you're hungry!" Hyomin squealed in an over excited fashion.

 

It was so true, after vomiting my guts out, I think I need a buffet!

I was introduced to another couple over dinner that I already know names of and identified them as Soyeon and Boram, another couple with a contrast in personalities. My first impression of Soyeon was serious and scary like in a motherly way but then changed to downright mischievous and cunning. Boram seemed shy but changed to full blown shikshin and just a tad bit less 'happier' than Hyomin. 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter