Chapter XII

Miss You

New Year

Everything started ringing again.

Beeepbeep! Beeepbeep!

Riiing…Riiing…

“Argh!” Lu Han leapt out of bed, golden-blonde hair in a perfect just-out-of-bed mess, casual clothes rumpled. He skidded over to his study desk, answered the impatient phone and held it to his ear with a shoulder. “Yes, boss?” he mumbled, smacking the annoying alarm clock facedown, effectively killing its sound, and ran for his closet to change.

“Lu Hannie, it’s Natalia! Where are you? You’re going to be late for the ceremony!” The feminine voice shouted down the line. She sounded distant, far away from the mouthpiece. Lu Han cursed mentally as he shrugged on his tee shirt and jeans and made a dash for his flying papers. He shoved them forcefully under the paperweight on his work desk and ran for the door.

There was no school today, but his university was where he was heading for. It was the year he graduated as a top university student and focused entirely on his already successful reporting career.

And Natalia was right, he was running late.

~

“Aw…”

As the whole sea of graduates watched the Photography Club’s Wall of Memories bare itself of notes, pictures and drawings, they sighed wistfully. A whole exciting year gone, they would all be going down different paths in life. A new start, like the Wall.

“Whoever who’s buying the pictures, queue up in front of the teacher over there!” Lu Han, leader of the club, the very one who contributed the idea of the Wall of Memories, directed the students towards his left.

“Lu Hannie, isn’t this yours? Who’s the girl beside you?” Natalia and her usual clique frowned upon a piece of paper in Natalia’s manicured hand. She passed it to him wordlessly, her lips turned slightly down.

It was not a piece of paper, but a photo. Lu Han was obviously the one in it, but there was somebody else beside him, a girl, her arm around his waist, smiling at him with affection. However, her other features was a blur, too faded to be identified. Lu Han’s brows dipped in a ‘V’ as he studied the picture.

Who was the girl? Why was it that only her face was faded like a century-old photo? Why did it seem so familiar to him? And if so, why couldn’t he remember it? Was it a distant family member?

Lu Han turned the slightly-heavier-than-average photo around and squinted at the neat lines of handwritten words in confusement. There was a handmade paper pouch stuck to the back of the photo.

Deer, You should have forgotten who I am, but sadly, I cannot. And I don't want to, either. Even though you don’t know, please just remember a certain someone loves you still… Blood in me, an oath is sworn, just as we’ve promised the world. Maybe I’ll be able to see you in the next round at life…I'll try, I'll try for Eternity.

 In the small paper pouch on the photo backing, he fished out a necklace with a hexagon key as its pendant. There was half a heart on it. One look and you know it was meant to be a couple-pair thing. Obviously he’d loved this particular girl, or that this girl loved him, or both, most likely, by the structure of her sentences and this half-a-couple necklace…

“Wait here, I’ll be back in a second.” Lu Han didn’t give Natalia and his friends who’d joined them a chance to reply and sped off, swift as wind, for his laptop.

Maybe, maybe… Could it be…? Some seemingly faraway answer was surfacing...

The word document came up blank, none of which might hold the key to helping him remember this girl he had ‘loved’. He checked his phone’s gallery, too, and came up fruitless. He threw it onto the table, frustrated.

Gone, none left of his memories of the girl, except for the raw, aching pain gnawing at his heart from the loss and the feeling of love somewhere…

The girl was important to him, to Lu Han. But why, all…Like a fantastical dream… Gone and only to be missed, when one woke up.

 

Above, Archangel Gabriel scorned the boy with his ridiculous dejected face, and laughed somewhat heartlessly. Although he had every right to do so, for it is a Golden Rule in the Book.

“Mortals and Immortals can never be.”

END

 

 

Copyright 2014 at ME. Acknowledgements to SM The Ballad's "Miss You". Spark for story was inspired by both the song and the MV. It may all seem familar if yo've seen it, but the story was penned down by me, so it's still mine. Just saying.

~OhGee, it's finally done with updating. Hope you enjoyed it. There won't be a sequel. It's kinda meant to be sad...Though I probably at it now. I'll continue writing, but my mind's blank right now. So. Yeah :3 JOEY, IT'S DONE. DID YOU APPRECIATE IT?! 0U0

ILY TOO.

MB~