My Turn To Cry (2nd Story)

My Turn To Cry

 

 

 


Please take note of the following:

Pink is for Jieun's speech

Blue is for Kyungsoo's speech and

Red is for Kai's speech.

Thoughts will be in black/ gray unless it is in the *sentence* form.

 


 

 

JiEun's POV:

 


At the school's auditorium/ theatre area...

 

 

Stare... Stare... Stare...


Just keep staring... O-kaaay... I definitely look like a creepy stalker now but I can't help it. It's all because of "Him." Kim Jong In, better known in school as Kai. He's everything a girl dreams of. He's got the looks, the charm, the swag and that smile.

 

 

*sigh* I must have sighed out loud since Kyungsoo-oppa nudged me.

 

"You okay there Eun?" He asked me.

 

"Ugh. Y-Yeah. I'm good." I stupidly replied. I ignored Kyungsoo and went back to staring at Kai.

 

"You know you're gonna bore a hole on his head if you continue to stare." Kyungsoo teased.

 

"Geesh! I know that but I can't help it if I like him. You'll never know how it feels coz you never been in love."  I told him and stuck my tongue out at him.

 

 


I thought he'd teased me back but he just gave me that stupid huge-eyes clueless look of his. Now I've known Kyungsoo-oppa long enough to distinguish what emotions he is depicting everytime he gives me the "Huge-eyes-Clueless-Look."

 


"Oppa? What's wrong?"  I asked him, feeling a bit worried.

 

"Nothing's wrong. I was just thinking of something." He answered me and gave me a fake smile.

 

 


I didn't force him to tell me anything since I know he'll never tell no matter how much I ask. That's the problem, his too secretive, yet he calls me his best friend. Chyeah, right?! He tends to give clues on what he wants to say but then never continues. It's always a missing puzzle piece. Especially when I ask him about girls.

 


I went back to staring at Kai. I felt my heart beating fast and I knew it was because of him.

 


*Maybe I should confess to him?* I thoughted.

 

"I've decided. I should confess to him and whether he accepts or rejects my confession I don't mind, though I pray it won't be the latter." I told myself.

 

 


Suddenly someone hitted my head softly.

 

 


"Pabo! Confession?! You're just readying yourself for a burial." Kyungsoo told me.

 

"So? I'd rather tell him than to keep my feelings lock up forever. It's been close to three years since I've fallen for him . We're seniors already and I want to confess before we graduate." I told Kyungsoo.

 

"I'd rather you not... And besides I don't want to see you crying on to me about how he rejected you and blah... blah... blah... It's bothersome." Kyungsoo told me off.

 

"Psh! Don't worry, that won't happen coz he'll accept my feelings and we'll be happy together and I can finally be free from your annoyance." I shot back and he just rolled his eyes on me.

 

 


Hmph. I smirked in triumphant when Kyungsoo kept quiet.

 


"Hate to break your celebration but the dance club just finish dancing." He told me.

 


I look back to the stage and he was right, they were done. Gah! Because of Kyungsoo-oppa I was distracted from My KAI~ Evil DwarfSoo >.<


"Just great! Now I didn't get to see him dance. Hmph!" I pouted; giving off my best pout aegyo.


"Com'n Jieun. Let's go!" Kyungsoo said and I just continued to mope around.


"I hate you~"  I told him and puff my cheeks in anger.


He just smirked at me and sarcastically replied: "I know~"


"Grr! Jerk!"  I growled and walked off.


"Hey Eun! Wait for me! I'll treat you to icecream if that makes you feel any better."  Kyungsoo tempted.

 

 


He chased after me and stopped me from moving forward and continued bribing me with the icecream with his heart-shape angelic smile; I was about to fall into his temptation when his expression changed to a glare.

 


I turned to faced where he was glaring at and was surprised to see *Kai~*

 


"Hi!"  He greeted and smiled at both me and Kyungsoo-oppa.


"H-Hi!" I nervously greeted back.


"Hey! Com'n Eun! We really have to go!"  Kyungsoo nudged me.

 


Geesh this jerk, he didn't even greet Kai back. I was about to say goodbye to Kai when he:


"Uhm... Listen I need to talk to you."  He said.


"M-Me?" I asked him if he was reffering to me as I pointed to myself.


"Y-Yeah."  He replied and rub the back of his neck as he looked down.


"O-Okay."  I told Kai.


"Kyungsoo-oppa, you go home ahead. We'll have that icecream some other time."  I told Kyungsoo and he just gave me an Are-You-Kidding-With-Me-Look.

 

"Wow! It's like I don't exist. Fine! Fine!" Kyungsoo grumbled.

 

 


I did aegyo on him (D.O) and he reluctantly agreed. He left the auditorium and only Kai and I was left. I faced Kai slowly hoping my face won't show that I was nervous being alone with him.

 

He walked towards the stage and I followed him. He stopped in his tracks and so did I. He slowly faced me.

 

 

"Uhm... Jieun-sshi..." He started and I'm like OMG he knows my name. Happiness overflowing right now.


"Y-Yes?" I answered.


"Uh? Well? How do I say this? Gah!"  He let out a frustrated sigh and started again.


"Y-You're friends with Seo Ha Ni, right?" He asked me.

 


*Hani? Why is Seo Ha Ni being mentioned right now?*

 


"Yeah. I'm friend with her. Why'd you ask?" I asked him.


His face beamed. "Really? Are you in any way close with her?" He asked this time.

 


I nodded to say yes, but somewhat I'm dreading whatever's gonna happen next.

 


"I hope you can help me out here Jieun-ah. You don't mind me calling you Jieun-ah, right? Anyway... I really, really, really like Hani and I need your help." He begged me.

 


Right then and there I felt my heart broke into billions of pieces. Why? Why did he have to like her?

 


"Please Jieun-ah~ I really, really need your help. Please help me with my confession."  He continued begging.


"S-Sure." My voice croaked.

 


He smiled brightly and hugged me tight.

 


"Thank you! Thank you so much! You don't know how much this means to me."


He broke the hug thanked me once again and went off. The moment he left I dropped to my knees and cried.

 

 

-end of Jieun's POV-

 

 


 

While Kai and you were talking, someone was watching the two of you from afar. He saw. He saw you smiling so brightly and felt jealous when Kai hugged you.

 

 

*It's over! I have no chance anymore. Jieun~ Why couldn't it be me?* He thought to himself and left. He never saw you drop to your knees and cried.

 

 

You cried for almost half an hour. When you felt a little better, you decided to went home. Trying your best to hide your swollen eyes so that it won't be obvious that you cried.


Kyungsoo was right. He (Kai) did reject you and now you we're looking for him (D.O), wanting comfort from the person you trust the most.


You went to his house and knock on his front door. His mother told you that Kyungsoo decided to stay over at his father's house for awhile. You thanked her and left.


As you arrived home, you felt silence welcome you once more. Your parents were both busy with work and you were all alone once again. You decided to just rest and let your mind relax.

 

The next day at school... You promise Kai that you'd helped him and so you two decided to meet up after school. 

 


The whole day you've been searching for that one person whose annoying face could make you smile but you've never found him. You have asked his cooking club members and the performing arts club but they never saw him the whole day. You've felt worried and had been sendong him messages and leaving voice mails but he never replied back to your calls. It's like he disappeared. Since that day you haven't heard of anything from him. 

 

 


 

 

Months has past and graduation day was coming soon. You were walking past the school's auditorium when you saw Kai and Hani having a fight. You decided to let them be. It was a couple fight and you had no right to interfere.

 

Since he left... since Kyungsoo left nothing has ever been the same. You decided to went up to the school's rooftop; the place where you and Kyungsoo are fond of staying at.

 

 

 

Jieun's POV:

 

 

*Am I really that bothersome? Am I really not that important that the people I love tends to ignore me, doesn't have time for me and just disappears? I must be worthless.* I thought.

 

 

Suddenly someone entered.

 


"Oh! Sorry! I didn't know someone was here." He apologized.

 


I faced the person and was surprised to see Kai; he too was surprised, probably not expecting to see me.

 


"Jieun... Long time no... talk?" He said.


"Y-Yeah. Quite long." I replied and an awkward silence fell upon us.

 

 


Honestly after I've helped him out with Hani, we never had any communications, it was as if we never knew each other.

 

 


"I'm sorry." He apologized.


"What are you sorry for?" I asked him.


"Sorry for ignoring you." He replied.


"Nah! It's not a big deal. I'm used to being ignored." I told him as if it was nothing.


"Well you shouldn't be. I shouldn't have ignored you if I knew this would happen." He said.


"Huh? What are you talking about?" I asked him confused.


"Jieun-ah. Hani and I broke up." He said.

 

 


I was surprised of this. Sure, I still have feelings for him but I didn't want to see him unhappy and now that his no longer with Hani, I don't know what I should feel anymore. Happy? Should I be Happy that his single once again? Should I be Happy that I have a chance with him? Should I be happy that he's no longer with Hani? Or should I feel Sad? Sad that he and Hani broke up. Sad that he's feeling heartbroken. Honestly, I don't know anymore.

 

 


"Why?" I manage to ask.


"We're too opposite I guess." he replied and scoffed.


"I thought opposite attracts?" I told him.


"Well I guess we're too opposite that we just don't get each other." He explained.


"Well then I'm sorry to hear that." I told him, not knowing what else to say.

 

 


Awkard silence...

 

 


"Aren't we just too pitiful? Being left by the ones we loved." He said out of the blue breaking the silence.


"What are you talking about?" I asked him, confused.


"Didn't that Do Kyung Soo guy left you. I always see you with him everytime you come to school, go home or even when you're at the auditorium.He broke your heart didn't he?" He said.


"W-What? Kyungsoo-oppa... No. He's just my childhood friend and we're pretty much neighbors so we always went home together. Nothing else." I explained to him.


"Ah... I see. But you two did look good together." He told me.


"Psh! No way! That dwarf will never be fitted for me. We're just... friends." I told Kai but deep in my mind I asked myself: *Are we still friends? Am still his best friend? And if I was... why did he left without telling me?*

 


Kai just smiled at me.

 


"If you two are just friends; then... are you interested in someone?" He asked me.

 

 


I dreaded telling him that I still had feelings for him but I did promise myself that I should confess before the school year ends, rejected or not.

 

 


"Well... Yes. To be honest... (hesitating) I always had a crush on you until it develop into like and the next thing I know, I had fallen in love with you but I was too late to confess coz you decided to ask help from me to get... Hani." I confessed, and just laugh it of as if it was nothing.

 


He was surprised by my confession.

 


"I'm sorry." He apologized.


"What are you apologizing for this time?" I asked him.


"I'm sorry for not realizing your feelings. It must have hurt when I asked help from you." He said, feeling sorry.


"Oh it did! A bit, but I try not to bring back the past. After all past is past." I told him.

 

 

 

Silence envelops us once more...

 

 

 

"Jieun~" He called me.


"Mhmm?" I mumbled.


"Do you still like me?" He asked. That took me by surprised and I didn't even realize that I was blushing.

 

 


I was about to reply to him when I saw someone very familiar at the front gate. Someone whom I've missed so much. Someone whom I've been longing to see. Someone... Whom I realized is the person who I truly love. Who I was blind not to see. Who I never realize was always there for me.

 


I faced Kai and smiled at him: "If you had asked me that question a few months ago, I wouldn't have hesitated in answering YES but now after being away far too long from someone... I realized that I never really did love you. I was just to busy looking for someone whom I can love that I never realize that the person whom I truly love was just so close to me. Thanks for making me realize. Bye Kai~" I answered him and quickly left the rooftop and ran as fast as I could towards the person whom I've been longing to see for months.

 

 


I finally arrived at school grounds and stopped as I tried to catch my breath as I stared at his eyes looking back at me. He gave me that Huge-eyes Clueless look of his. He walk slowly towards me and smiled at me. I felt my heart skip a beat as tears started to form in my eyes.

 

 


"Pabo! Pabo-yah! Why'd you left me?" I punch his chest as I continued to cry.


He wiped my tears away and hugged me. "I'm sorry Eun~ I didn't mean to leave you but I had to."


"Pabo-yah! Don't you know how much I suffered when you weren't there beside me? Don't you know how much I missed you? Don't you know how much I love you?" I continued pounding his chest.


"Wait... You love me? I'm not hearing things right? You really said you love me, right?" Kyungsoo asked me.


"Yes. Yes I did. I love you Do Kyung Soo~" I told him.


He just smiled at me and said: "I thought you'd never say that. I love you too Lee Ji Eun~"

 

 


He kissed my forehead and right there I felt like this was the happiest moment of my life. I sniffled and he faced me.

 

 


"What's wrong?" He asked me, feeling worried.


"N-Nothing. I'm just happy that's all. But I still hate you for leaving me!" I cried.


He wiped my tears away and said: "Don't cry... Remember, when things were hard; I always turned your tears into smiles. Don’t cry in places without me, don’t cry; Because you always had a lot of tears. Don't cry anymore. I'm here already and I will never leave you again."

 


I just hugged him and he hugged me back, not caring about the stares the people were giving us.

 

-End of Jieun's POV-

 

 

 

Somewhere at the rooftop a boy was staring at the both of you, feeling jealous. Not because he likes you but because he couldn't get his happiness the way you did.

 

"I wonder what could have happen between us if I knew about your feelings?" He asked himself.

 

 


After a month or so, I have finally updated this story, hope you guys like it :3