Chapter 1: TIME FLIES EVEN THOUGH I FEEL LIKE WE'VE BEEN DOING NOTHING IN PARTICULAR...

No name, no heart

chapter

 

one

link

link

Hyemi's POV:

I look around the huge building as I attempt to keep my jaw from dropping. It was simply gorgeous and that's probably the one word I can think of in the moment. Simply and utterly gorgeous. Suddenly, I bump into a warm body and as I begin to apologise, I look up to see a handsome young man, my words immediately stuck in my throat.

Kwangmin, the younger of Boyfriend's Jo twins is glancing at me shyly, a sweet smile on his face as he steadies me. The wobbly, messed up me. Noticing that my jaw has finally dropped, I gulp softly and shut it, attempting a smile.

"You're new, aren't you?" He asks, taking my hand in his and smiling at me. "You must be looking for Kim Shi Dae and the meeting room. I'll take you there." Without another word, he pulls at my hand gently and leads me through a dizzying maze of corridors. Some time later, we stop outside a room, labeled 'Shi Dae - Meeting Room' and he turns to me, smiling shyly again. "We're here."

"I can see that, Kwangmin," I reply, trying not to smile at how sincere he sounds. Startled, he looks at me before chuckling.

"So, how do you know my name, newbie?" He asks, rubbing my head and messing up my hair. Behind him, another boy appears, identical to Kwangmin despite the golden-coloured hair and the slight height difference. The boy grins at me before patting his younger brother's back.

"Considering we'll working together, I'm sure Hyemi has done her research," Jo Youngmin murmurs to his brother before grinning at me. "Am I right or am I wrong?" Despite myself and Kwangmin's discomfort, I find myself smiling as well, amazed at how contagious the older brother's smile is. Kwangmin raises his eyebrows at my reaction and I blush lightly as he smiles, clearly amused.

"Wrong...before I was a trainee, I always listened to your songs and watched the MV's and...how do you know my name?" I trail off, my eyes landing on Kwangmin who smirks slightly although he doesn't speak, silently enjoying the awkward moment.

"OOOH! I know loads of things, Hyemi, but I just asked Shidae what you were called." Delighted, Youngmin smiles at me. "And who was your favourite? As in, out of boyfriend."

Ah...about that...um...I like you too, but...

"Kwangmin," I blurt out, surprising both brothers. Kwangmin stares at me in disbelief, his eyes widening then narrowing as a mixture of emotions - eternally changing emotions - race behind those dark eyes of his. He looks at the ground as Youngmin grins at me, chuckling. I cringe at how tactful I am, as I am stuck in this EXTREMELY awkward situation. "I...um...I don't hate you too...it's just...I...he was..."

Youngmin starts laughing. Ah...this is a nightmare.

I look at the floor, biting my lip, when I suddenly here a loud thump and a soft 'ow' coming from Youngmin. I look up to see Kwangmin glaring at his older brother, his cheeks reddening slightly as he whispers quickly to Youngmin.

Kwangmin's POV:

"Stop it...what's so funny anyway...?! A girl says that she likes me more than you and suddenly you find that hilarious?!" I'm ranting and I know it but I'm secretly happy that Hyemi likes me more. And he knows it. "Hyung? Please don't say anything embarrassing..." I plead, whispering quickly as my eyes land on Hyemi, her face flushed as she watches us. "Let me be happy this once...please...I-!"

"I wasn't laughing because I was making fun of either of you," Youngmin suddenly says, loud enough for Hyemi to hear him, making her cheeks redden even more. "It's only because I'm happy that you like my dongsaeng so much that you're trying to defend his idiot Hyung!" He winks at her and she nods, her eyes widening at the scene she believes she caused. "So, look after the kid, okay?" With a wave, my older brother leaves us, stillchuckling under his breath.

"THAT was Youngmin?!" Hyemi manages to squeak out as she leans against the wall for support. "Is he hyper or is he hyper...?"

At that, I smile. Her reaction to my hyung is hilarious, more shocked and scared of how happy he is than the whole 'I LOVE YOU, YOUNGMIN OPPA' scenario. She's unique and interesting. Maybe I'll stick around for a while.

"That WAS Youngmin. You surprised or something," I ask, pretending to act carefree as she whirls around to face me, although she is still half-collapsed against the wall, her eyes still wide.

"...ohmygod...I like you better after all..." she murmurs, looking slightly pale. "He's so happy...and hyper...so...oh god! Kwangmin oppa?! What's the time?"

"Eh?! Kwangmin...no oppa!" I yell as she starts heading for Shidae's door. "And it's ten past eleven. Why?"

"I'm sorry Kwangmin! I'll make it up to you later or something...I have to go and..." she stops suddenly and looks at me, somewhat pleadingly. Taken aback by the sudden attitude change I tilt my head and smile at her.

"Hey, you feeling okay? Want me to come in with you to meet Shidae and the other new girls?" I ask, secretly hoping she answers in the negative. She's an exception to my behaviour with strangers since she's unique. But...I don't think I can take any more girls for today.

"I-I'm fine...just..." she bites her lip gently, hesitating before lifting her head up sothat her dark green eyes meet mine. "Will I...see you again?"

I blink stupidly for a while, trying to process what she'd just asked me, before grinning at her.

"Yeah. Of course we'll see each other again, Hyemi," I say, nodding slightly. "In fact, I'll pick you up at break and we'll go to see Minwoo and the rest of Boyfriend,okay?"

"Okay." Her smile is radiant as she looks at me before waving and running into the meeting room with a quick wave in my direction. The last thing I thought of as I left the corridor at that time was:

What am I getting myself into...?

 

author notes

I just finished my first story and I'm going to write this one now. Hope you enjoy the story! Also, the credits for the people who coded thie chapter layouts (Upperclass layouts) is at the top of the page. The first chapter has a quote from Boyfriend's GOOD NIGHT...it's quite a cute song especially if you see what it means!

“ Time flies even though i feel like we've been doing nothing in particular... ”